Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2018, 06:28 AM

59 posts, read 39,279 times

Advertisements

Hello guys,
I'm living in Bosnia, I can hear stories about Canada how life is great over there, I would like to know why?
I was wondering what is it that Canada have in comparing to other countries? Is it good pension? good health care? peacefull country? kind people? educated people? country with a lot of job opportunities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 07:06 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Yes to all your questions.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:15 AM

61,639 posts, read 87,001,838 times
All the stories you hear about Canada are true. It IS a great country.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:11 AM

776 posts, read 955,013 times
If you live in Bosnia....all you have to do is think back to the war in the 1990's, and then think about what Canada did to help . We sent our military to separate the warring factions, and we supplied tons of food and medical supplies to those who needed it. We carried out the huge task of identifying the thousands of people who were killed by all sides. We took in orphan children and helped to rebuild schools and hospitals that had been destroyed by the war.

And why did we do all of that ? Because we think that Canada needs to be a force for good in the world.

Yes Canada is a good place to live. That is why many people from countries around the world have made Canada their new home.

XXX.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:18 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim88 View Post
Hello guys,
I'm living in Bosnia, I can hear stories about Canada how life is great over there, I would like to know why?
I was wondering what is it that Canada have in comparing to other countries? Is it good pension? good health care? peacefull country? kind people? educated people? country with a lot of job opportunities?

Don't believe everything you hear. Life in Canada is very good most of the time but I wouldn't call it great. There is always room for improvement and the cost of living is high. It's VERY cold in the winters and winters are dark and can be long. Spring, summer and early autumn ARE great.

Is it good pension? The government's Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security benefits are not especially good. If they are the only income a retired pensioner has he can survive on them but must live extremely frugally and must always budget very, very carefully because the cost of living in Canada is very high. Depending on what kind of work you did and who you were working for throughout your working life, some retirement pensions can be better if you were paying into private employer pension plans. I noticed you asked a similar question in another thread so here is some information for you about how pension plan benefits works in Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/be.../payments.html

good health care? Yes. Health care is good enough, everyone who lives here is eligible for it and everybody pays into it through their taxes.

peaceful country? Yes, we think so.

kind people? Yes, for the most part, but the people are not pushovers.

educated people? Very well educated.

country with a lot of job opportunities? Canada is a growing country. A motivated and hard working person who already lives here can always find a job. However, for people who don't live here, if you want to immigrate to Canada the first thing you should do is research what kinds of skilled workers Canada needs. If you don't have the education and work skills that Canada needs you probably won't qualify to immigrate to Canada.

Find out here if you are eligible to apply to immigrate to Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...te-canada.html

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada