Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 10:19 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,270,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Nope, Lethbridge. I've driven much longer distances, so I consider Lethbridge to Waterton as "not far at all."
If I lived in Lethbridge, I’d being visiting Waterton regullarly, not far at all.

I stayed in Cardston when I visited, practically next door to Waterton...
lots of fun hiking near Cameron Lake....had a bear encounter on way down the trail
from Summit Lake...let’s just say ...as close I ever want to be near a bear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 11:27 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,322,889 times
@BMI - I realised after posted that the OP was planning to go via Saskatoon but since she mentioned driving back, I thought maybe the other way might be useful.

I haven't been via Saskatoon in about 15 years. I don't remember it as an interesting drive but maybe I made the trip west via the TransCanada more times so I recall more things.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:34 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,601,833 times
Thank you so much, everyone, for your great responses!

I've taken Edmonton off my list to add more stops between Saskatoon and Calgary, then I'll add more days south from Calgary and on to Regina to see all of the interesting places you all have mentioned in that area.

Now I'm all sad. One of my best friends from high school was a ranger at Glacier. She died suddenly last year, and I'm just now realizing that I won't be able to stop and visit with her on this trip.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:00 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
If I lived in Lethbridge, I’d being visiting Waterton regullarly, not far at all.
It isn't far, really. And I do visit frequently, in all seasons.

There is nothing like Waterton in the winter, when there is nobody else there (well, except for the RCMP and firefighters, and workers at the Waterton Lakes Lodge). The town is so quiet, most hotels and private properties are boarded up, and the wildlife takes over. I've seen grizzly bears, bighorn sheep, and whitetail deer wander through the town in winter.

But it is beautiful in all seasons. Don't wear a hat--the winds are often so strong that they will take it from your head, and send it who-knows-where. Still, Waterton is a special place that I enjoy visiting.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:32 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,401,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
[i][b]kinda flat between Winnipeg and Calgary ,mostly looks like this =http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...psf6dc6589.jpg

That is a bit of an exaggeration. I just got back from a trip across the prairies and I can tell you it is not quite that flat. There are flat areas for sure but there are also areas of rolling hills, this is true even in western Manitoba between Brandon and the SK border. I was actually quite impressed with Saskatchewan and the plains of Alberta are beautiful. I can't wait to go back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada