Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 12:12 PM

151 posts, read 106,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
How can you tell that Ontario has a massive, unsustainable and ever-growing debt, and be shocked by it, simply by visiting the province?
We're shocked at the stagnant economy, not the debt. We're disgusted and dismayed by that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 12:18 PM

151 posts, read 106,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Kinda funny someone from Alberta talking about a stagnant economy in Ontario

Unemployment rate in Ontario's largest metro - 5.9%
https://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tab...fss04f-eng.htm

Unemployment rate in Alberta's largest metro - 8.0%
https://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tab...fss03k-eng.htm

stats as of Apr 2018
I said right in my comment that Alberta has its own problems! Plus, the OP asked outsiders what they thought about the Ontario election, so of course I'm commenting on Ontario. Sheesh.

Old 06-02-2018, 05:05 PM
BMI

7,455 posts, read 7,221,754 times
Kathleen Wynne has announced that she won’t be leader
conceeding with less than a week to go before election....

Go Doug go

Kathleen Wynne is now Kathleen Lose!

Old 06-02-2018, 06:30 PM

18,494 posts, read 15,380,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Is anyone outside of Ontario following the election?

Does anyone else realize how significant this election is not only to Ontario, but the country?

I already voted, but now I am on a mission to make sure very one I have contact with understand they need to go vote.
The people I know here in Vancouver are, but most people I know are interested in politics. It's in the news but my gut feeling is that the general knowledge about the election is based on " oh, god, another Ford " and ends there.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:58 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,679,522 times
We will see. I am going to be at a concert the night of the election so I pre-voted. I am happy with my choice. My local MPP is doing his job as far as I see and a key part of that is watching what he is saying and not making us looks like idiots for voting in a loud mouth fool to represent us.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:28 AM

26,776 posts, read 37,717,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh66 View Post
We're shocked at the stagnant economy, not the debt. We're disgusted and dismayed by that.
Again, not sure how this is apparent to a visitor.

Pretty much any place in Ontario that a visitor would go to is doing fine economically right now.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:33 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,036,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Kathleen Wynne has announced that she won’t be leader
conceeding with less than a week to go before election....

Go Doug go

Kathleen Wynne is now Kathleen Lose!
Wynne is a selfish, self-centered POS person for doing this now. People and the polls have long indicated to her that she and her party were hugely unpopular and yet she STILL INSISTED on running in this election instead of doing the smart thing and stepping down and allowing the Liberals to elect someone who would at least have a chance to help the Libs not get destroyed in this election as they are now.

BUT NO SHE HAD TO RUN because her ego was so massive and her confidence in herself was so over the top that she couldn't step down and avoided this disaster. Now it seems like Ontario is EFFED with having Ford as our premier if the polls are to be believed and there's nothing anyone can do about it because both Wynne and Horwath are so GOD AWFUL that plenty of people are willing to vote for that dumbass Ford. Seriously it just boggles my mind with how many MORONS in this province are willing to give their vote to stupid ass Ford.

Like I said before, why is it so hard for Ontario to just get ONE PERSON AND ONE PARTY who isn't completely incompetent and corrupt to run this province for once? Pretty much ever premier and party that's been in power here the last couple of decades or longer have been mostly crap if not horrible failures that have massively damaged this province financially and socially. Hell I could EASILY do a better job than most of the morons that we elect to represent us even with zero experience just by simply making common sense decisions and not being corrupt, but then people like me aren't exactly the most influential or have any connections that could possibly get me there so we're stuck with the people we have in public office.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:09 AM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Wynne is a selfish, self-centered POS person for doing this now. People and the polls have long indicated to her that she and her party were hugely unpopular and yet she STILL INSISTED on running in this election instead of doing the smart thing and stepping down and allowing the Liberals to elect someone who would at least have a chance to help the Libs not get destroyed in this election as they are now.

BUT NO SHE HAD TO RUN because her ego was so massive and her confidence in herself was so over the top that she couldn't step down and avoided this disaster. Now it seems like Ontario is EFFED with having Ford as our premier if the polls are to be believed and there's nothing anyone can do about it because both Wynne and Horwath are so GOD AWFUL that plenty of people are willing to vote for that dumbass Ford. Seriously it just boggles my mind with how many MORONS in this province are willing to give their vote to stupid ass Ford.

Like I said before, why is it so hard for Ontario to just get ONE PERSON AND ONE PARTY who isn't completely incompetent and corrupt to run this province for once? Pretty much ever premier and party that's been in power here the last couple of decades or longer have been mostly crap if not horrible failures that have massively damaged this province financially and socially. Hell I could EASILY do a better job than most of the morons that we elect to represent us even with zero experience just by simply making common sense decisions and not being corrupt, but then people like me aren't exactly the most influential or have any connections that could possibly get me there so we're stuck with the people we have in public office.
Re you comments on Ford. I know. It is sad there are that many dumb people.
We will see how it all pans out tonight.
I am going to be at a concert and checking my phone nervously hoping "Dumbvador" does not get elected or will have every gang banger rif raft trying to run the streets of the city.
I am pretty certain that lots of gang bangers in the city have enough dirt on that family to twist his arm to do things that are favourable for them.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:35 AM

18,494 posts, read 15,380,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Re you comments on Ford. I know. It is sad there are that many dumb people.
We will see how it all pans out tonight.
I am going to be at a concert and checking my phone nervously hoping "Dumbvador" does not get elected or will have every gang banger rif raft trying to run the streets of the city.
I am pretty certain that lots of gang bangers in the city have enough dirt on that family to twist his arm to do things that are favourable for them.
It's going to be an interesting night.

I wish Ontario well. I know people are upset at The Liberals, but Ford is NOT the way to go IMO.

Fingers crossed.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:55 AM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
It's going to be an interesting night.

I wish Ontario well. I know people are upset at The Liberals, but Ford is NOT the way to go IMO.

Fingers crossed.
People in Toronto especially should know better then to elect a FORD after the hot mess Rob was.

It was a disgrace. I know many people that worked with him and the family and they had NOTHING good to say about it.

Then again even Toronto has it's low life uneducated trashy people that would support the propaganda Ford Nation pumps out.

The rats are always there. You just don't usually see them in broad daylight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada