Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 11:26 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times

Advertisements

Rob Ford was an embarrassment for the entire country!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 11:33 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Rob Ford was an embarrassment for the entire country!!
A really sad part of this is that credible hard working political leaders that do their jobs don't get the credit for their efforts while people like Rob Ford will go down in history as Toronto's Crack Mayor and have movies made after them. People over the world know who he is and about his horrible behaviour while in office.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:38 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
How did Rob Ford ever get elected mayor? As an outsider, that baffles me.

Old 06-07-2018, 03:21 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
How did Rob Ford ever get elected mayor? As an outsider, that baffles me.
I think I was on vacation when that happened.
I have no idea....

Old 06-07-2018, 05:01 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh66 View Post
I said right in my comment that Alberta has its own problems! Plus, the OP asked outsiders what they thought about the Ontario election, so of course I'm commenting on Ontario. Sheesh.
Quite entertaining watching from afar! I actually felt sorry for Ford when his sister in law launched a law suit in recent days regarding Rob's estate. I wonder how many others were swayed to feel empathy for him, and maybe vote for him. One thing the Fords always do is establish themselves as of the people and for the people. I think that's a winning ticket.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Again, not sure how this is apparent to a visitor.

Pretty much any place in Ontario that a visitor would go to is doing fine economically right now.
People across the country know how financially tight it is in Ontario. We know people who buy vehicles in other provinces and ship them to Ontario because this option is cheaper than paying all that crazy tax in Ontario. Visiting small towns is like disappearing into a dusty 1950s world where everything is old - not that this is a bad thing. I like the dusty towns and antique shops, the small banks transformed to cafes, and the sense of community. One does not get a sense of prosperity after leaving the big cities, one gets a sense of an economy that simply stopped.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:12 PM

Default ......

[quote=Lieneke;52131312]Quite entertaining watching from afar! I actually felt sorry for Ford when his sister in law launched a law suit in recent days regarding Rob's estate. I wonder how many others were swayed to feel empathy for him, and maybe vote for him. One thing the Fords always do is establish themselves as of the people and for the people. I think that's a winning ticket.[/quote

I seriously think that family is shady.

Ford looks and acts like a Sopranos characters.

At the end of the day the same group of people that voted him in with Ford Nation propaganda have the most to lose.

Because conservatives cut social funding.

People with education and money tucked away can afford to roll with it for the next 4 years.

It will be interesting to see which ridings supported who.

It would be good if the NDP and Liberals could at least join and form a block.

All I am learning is that being qualified is not as important as being able to pretend like you know what you are doing .... if Dough Ford could be doing that job .....looks like a lot more people could be giving that type a job a go.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post

I seriously think that family is shady.

Ford looks and acts like a Sopranos characters.

At the end of the day the same group of people that voted him in with Ford Nation propaganda have the most to lose.

Because conservatives cut social funding.

People with education and money tucked away can afford to roll with it for the next 4 years.

It will be interesting to see which ridings supported who.

It would be good if the NDP and Liberals could at least join and form a block.

All I am learning is that being qualified is not as important as being able to pretend like you know what you are doing .... if Dough Ford could be doing that job .....looks like a lot more people could be giving that type a job a go.
Oh yes, I think everyone across the country thinks the Ford family is a bit shady, but Rob was very popular even though he was a borderline criminal, so we kind of expect that that is what some people in Ontario prefer.

Doug Ford is really good at promising the world and saying absolutely nothing about how to keep the promises, a bit like Trump. The country is very curious about the new face of Ontario! Just like the USA election, there's not much to chose from except bad and bad and bad.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:35 PM

Oh sugar ...

Screw the rest of Onatrio .... my is area is orange ... and orange apparently is the new red.

Long live Liberal Toronto lol.

I may have voted liberal but I got like 4 votes for NDP today

Old 06-07-2018, 08:19 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
The only reason those with wealth are maintaining it are BECAUSE of those 3rd world people lol. You want to work at Tim Hortons for minimum wage? Also FYI my family is from a 3rd world country and many of us 3rd world people are high income like myself.

I don't think people that think like this are racist .... more like ignorant and uninformed?
It depends on which kind of people you allow in that is the most important. Some people from poorer nations will come to Canada and other western countries and actually contribute, be a net positive and do it with relatively little violence, crime or trouble. Then you have other people who come into the country who become a drain on the country, are a net negative and the cherry on top is that they will do this while causing huge increases in violence, crime and trouble.

I can't imagine the vast majority of the migrants crossing into Canada from the US will EVER be a net positive where they contribute more than they take, the same goes for many of the recent refugees and the majority of migrants we take in from certain third world countries that have a history of being violent. I mean seriously how can you look at all the violence, crime and murder committed by the same people over and over in Toronto and increasingly in other major Canadian cities not see that maybe, JUST MAYBE having a policy of taking in everyone from everywhere IS A BAD IDEA?!

As for working at Timmy's and other minimum wage jobs, there are plenty of takers for many of those jobs already without the need to import more poor people to take those jobs. Its always funny to me that we constantly talk about the need to create more jobs in Canada and then we bring in boatloads of people who have little to no skill or can even speak English to make the job problem worse.

Bottom line is that we need to force people to go through the immigration process and anyone like these border hoppers who decide to come here to take a shortcut and leech off Canadian taxpayers for months if not years and often disappear even when they are asked to leave, need to be turned back and deported IMMEDIATELY without any hearings. These people need to learn that you can't take advantage of this country anymore and have them go elsewhere find someone to leech off of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada