Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 02:27 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times

Advertisements

I think I'd get more satisfaction growing vegetables. Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 03:05 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
You can grow it in your backyard for personal use, but if you want to sell it you have to apply for a retail cannabis store licence (check your provincial gov't site). Before doing this, you have to have a location where you will sell it. Having a place to sell it and applying for a licence does not guarantee that you will be issued a licence.

Old 06-22-2018, 03:12 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Growing for personal use. not farming.
I guess I have the go big or go home mentality .... but why have one plant when you could have a field of plants !

Who let me what watch breaking bad, narcos and queen of the south... I have all these ideas I have did not even get to watch Weeds yet. Please note I totally got the message that illegal drug dealing NEVER works out in the end so I am totally cool with following the laws relating to the topic.

Old 06-22-2018, 03:15 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I think I'd get more satisfaction growing vegetables. Seriously.
You can eat marijuana?
There is like a show on where different cooks compete to see you can incorporate it best in to an edible product. Crazy... but true.

Soon we will be using it a pizza topping ex I would like the marijuana infused stuff crust pizza with mushrooms.

Old 06-22-2018, 04:16 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post

......... If anyone has got the info on this please share.

Being a licensed health care professional with a science degree is irrelevant. It won't qualify you as an educated and dedicated horticulturist with the necessary knowledge and years of growing experience required to cultivate acceptable commercial crops intended for human consumption. Growing only a few cannabis plants just for one's own personal use can be more complicated, time consuming and expensive than most people realize and which more often than not ends in utter failure or common ditch-weed (another kind of failure) for most people who try it. Growing it commercially makes it a thousand times more complicated and really a LOT more expensive to cultivate and to protect.

I don't know if you're just joking about this, or if you're serious, but anyway here is some beginners information just to give you an idea about some of the procedures entailed:

https://www.leafly.com/news/growing/...tart-growing-o

With regard to your questions about land - There is no longer any such thing as free land anywhere in Canada. All the land in Canada is now already owned by other people or is held in reserve and protected by the Crown. There was a time right up to about 30 years ago when a person could get a 99 year lease on Crown land under the conditions that the land would be developed but I don't think the Crown even permits that kind of thing anymore.

Any land in Canada that is being sold really cheap usually means that the land is inaccessible and next to impossible to reach to develop, or the soil is so poor nothing but tough scrub can ever grow on it, or it's all rocky land on a mountain side or in an arid region that has no useable water, or it's all muskeg and swampland under acid water for 10 months out of the year, or it's frozen for 9 months of the year, etc. - etc. - in other words, pretty much useless for doing anything with it except for leaving it alone to Mother Nature and wildlife.

Any land for sale now that is good, useable, resourceful land is very, very expensive and comes with a lot of restrictions and rules and regulations. That's the way it should be to keep riff-raff out and prevented from abusing the land and the environment.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:09 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
You can eat marijuana?
There is like a show on where different cooks compete to see you can incorporate it best in to an edible product. Crazy... but true.

Soon we will be using it a pizza topping ex I would like the marijuana infused stuff crust pizza with mushrooms.
Yes you can but the taste has to be disguised.

I'd make a better Marinara Sauce, rather than a Marijuana Sauce

Old 06-22-2018, 06:36 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,272,185 times
Quote:
Sounds messed up right?

But not really so sketchy anymore.

Yesterday I notice a red new flash boarder across my computer screen saying Pot to be legal in October.

If this is a case then someone needs to grow it and sell it. So why should it not be me?

If there is money to be made I want a cut !

So what gives ... how do you get to be allowed to sell pot?

I have a science degree. A big backyard and a desire to make more money. Plus excellent customer service skills. How complicated would it be to grow, roast and package a bunch of weeds . Time to pull out all those tomatoes I planets and make room for a true cash crop !

Who would you rather buy pot from a licensed health care professional with a science degree or "joe the joint guy?"

If anyone has got the info on this please share.
Don’t bother ....too much of a hassle

Just buy some good “pot” stocks....

For exampl, Canopy Growth (WEED on the TSX) has gone from $9 to $43 per share in the past year,
some people are making some good cash

Old 06-22-2018, 09:17 PM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Being a licensed health care professional with a science degree is irrelevant. It won't qualify you as an educated and dedicated horticulturist with the necessary knowledge and years of growing experience required to cultivate acceptable commercial crops intended for human consumption. Growing only a few cannabis plants just for one's own personal use can be more complicated, time consuming and expensive than most people realize and which more often than not ends in utter failure or common ditch-weed (another kind of failure) for most people who try it. Growing it commercially makes it a thousand times more complicated and really a LOT more expensive to cultivate and to protect.

I don't know if you're just joking about this, or if you're serious, but anyway here is some beginners information just to give you an idea about some of the procedures entailed:

https://www.leafly.com/news/growing/...tart-growing-o

With regard to your questions about land - There is no longer any such thing as free land anywhere in Canada. All the land in Canada is now already owned by other people or is held in reserve and protected by the Crown. There was a time right up to about 30 years ago when a person could get a 99 year lease on Crown land under the conditions that the land would be developed but I don't think the Crown even permits that kind of thing anymore.

Any land in Canada that is being sold really cheap usually means that the land is inaccessible and next to impossible to reach to develop, or the soil is so poor nothing but tough scrub can ever grow on it, or it's all rocky land on a mountain side or in an arid region that has no useable water, or it's all muskeg and swampland under acid water for 10 months out of the year, or it's frozen for 9 months of the year, etc. - etc. - in other words, pretty much useless for doing anything with it except for leaving it alone to Mother Nature and wildlife.

Any land for sale now that is good, useable, resourceful land is very, very expensive and comes with a lot of restrictions and rules and regulations. That's the way it should be to keep riff-raff out and prevented from abusing the land and the environment.

Again.....
You got to start somewhere.
I was not always a lot of things.

I am a firm believer that if you put your mind and energy fully in to something you can figure it out.

What university and life has really taught me is how to learn and ask questions to learn some more.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:22 PM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Yes you can but the taste has to be disguised.

I'd make a better Marinara Sauce, rather than a Marijuana Sauce
You can mask the taste I am sure....

You might want to copy right that thought .....

I have you product marketing ....

"Your next high could be a condiment always..... take you hot dog to a higher level with Natnasci Marajuana sauce"

Old 06-22-2018, 09:25 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Don’t bother ....too much of a hassle

Just buy some good “pot” stocks....

For exampl, Canopy Growth (WEED on the TSX) has gone from $9 to $43 per share in the past year,
some people are making some good cash

Ohhhh *****!!!!

Making money by literally doing nothing ..... your a genious!

That is much better ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada