Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 08:28 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,890,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
That's been going on for probably a century. So yes, it's probably a bit late to address it.
Actually longer, where did your ancestors come from? We should've blocked them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 08:39 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
A rule of law they have to consider when they commenced doing this was a Justice decision they had to return the children within a certain time frame, unless of course the children were deemed "unaccompanied" at time of crossing.

A very deliberate and malevolent attempt was made to circumvent this requirement tying their hands. What they did, and are still doing as far as the news allows for verification, is that regardless if the children arrive accompanied by their parents, aunts, uncles, or strangers; they are all separated and as soon as that is done those children are then immediately reclassified as "unaccompanied" thereby circumventing the laws requiring their return to the adults who initially brought them across.

This was very deliberately done in a very malignant even "evil" effort to influence those heading north to reconsider their decision with complete disregard for any of the normal societal norms any first world country calling itself civilized and obscenely flaunting it's Christian roots at every opportunity, would be held to.

When one considers all of these nefarious options have been chosen in LIEU of actual enforcement of E-Verify and prosecution of those Americans who avail themselves of the benefits of these illegals, the only thing fueling their incursions; it begs the question as to where America's priorities are now placed.....on maintaining the profit motive gained through others hardship while ignoring those who fuel it, or the actual desire to put an end to illegal crossings of their southern border.

Chevy's point of considering another poster's point of view regardless if that view is precepted erroneously upon the U.S. being the "victim" when in fact it's citizens are directly responsible for this conundrum existing and perpetuated for many decades, is in my opinion misguided to allow saving of face for a segment of a populace that is now in complete denial of them all being seen for what they really are.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:56 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If the asylum seekers wanted to come to Canada would you want your government to take them? I am sure our government would be happy to assist.

As for the Syrians:

Pssst! Need a passport? Forgery a lifeline for fleeing Syrians.
Why not? It's not like we are the United Ststes, a country so poor that they cannot even help their own poor let along refugees. We took in boat people and waves of refugees from Czech, Hungry, Syria, Hati and Sri Lanka.

But I am n9t sure I would trust the Trump administration helping us. What penalty will they impose if we were to assist? Remember we are a threat to your national security!

Again with the Syrian refugees, we were able to vet our refugees and bring in over 40 000. That would be like the States bringing in 400 000 of them. The US destabilized the Middle East and you aren't even helping countries like Jordan that took in millions. I well remember the 70s and 80s when the US and USSR were both destabilizing Central America. And right now your President desires to make Mexico poorer than it is.

Guess if you feed your home and didn't have all your documents you would be willing to live the remainder of your life in a refugee camp?

Old 07-09-2018, 10:06 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
While I think the U.S. government's approach to this can definitely be criticized, one thing I will not do is take part in a slugfest between people taking advantage of what they see as an opportunity to slam or applaud Trump.

I know that based on my posts here some are probably thinking that I support Trump. Nothing could be further from the truth.

But I don't look at most issues in terms of being anti-Trump or pro-Trump.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:27 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,218,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Actually longer, where did your ancestors come from? We should've blocked them...
Didn't you see "Stripes"?

"We're Americans. Do you know what that means, soldier? It means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world".

Old 07-09-2018, 11:16 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
While I think the U.S. government's approach to this can definitely be criticized, one thing I will not do is take part in a slugfest between people taking advantage of what they see as an opportunity to slam or applaud Trump.

I know that based on my posts here some are probably thinking that I support Trump. Nothing could be further from the truth.

But I don't look at most issues in terms of being anti-Trump or pro-Trump.

Haaar; nice tap dancing A/J. Trump IS the whole enchilada down there now. The entire U.S. government personified. He listens to no one but those who are prepared to endorse every little tweeting he performs.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Didn't you see "Stripes"?

"We're Americans. Do you know what that means, soldier? It means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world".
So your ancestors were not Native American? That means get out of America dude, you are an immigrant.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Just once I'd like to hear "In other news, this morning several boatloads of Swedish refugees washed ashore on the Maine coast. National Guard units are rushing to respond"
Back in the day boatloads of Irish, Germans, and Italians washed ashore and the shopkeepers would say "Irish need not apply". Swap Irish for Mexican, German for Guatemalan, and Italian for Syrian and you have today's current crisis.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:30 AM

Interesting report on Roxham Road, where most illegal immigrants enter Canada from upstate NY to Quebec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFWFUexcwZE

For most of 2017 these people were placed into Olympic Stadium in Montreal but now they are being bused to Toronto as well since Montreal is filled.

My solution? Why doesn't Ottawa take some and also why doesn't Quebec City? Why don't they send some people to Nova Scotia or Newfoundland?

Old 07-09-2018, 11:41 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Haaar; nice tap dancing A/J. Trump IS the whole enchilada down there now. The entire U.S. government personified. He listens to no one but those who are prepared to endorse every little tweeting he performs.
IMO Trump only has a tenuous grasp on policy and issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada