Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2018, 04:28 PM

5,996 posts, read 7,061,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
To our Canadian friends: Please bear in mind that most of us did not vote for Trump. He sits in office due to an antiquated quirk in our electoral system that values winning states more than accumulating actual votes. The man is an orangutan, and most of us can't stand him either.
And this comment right here folks, the overt, elitist condescension is exactly why he won and why he'll win again in 2020. When your platform consists of, " i hate Trump, he's a racist, everyone that voted for him is a racist, homophobe, xenophobe, misogynistic bigot, etc." well then you've jumped the proverbial shark and people will start to turn away from you, i.e. the walkaway movement. At the end of the day, hating people that disagree with you is no way to go through life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 04:35 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,212,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
And this comment right here folks, the overt, elitist condescension is exactly why he won and why he'll win again in 2020. When your platform consists of, " i hate Trump, he's a racist, everyone that voted for him is a racist, homophobe, xenophobe, misogynistic bigot, etc." well then you've jumped the proverbial shark and people will start to turn away from you, i.e. the walkaway movement. At the end of the day, hating people that disagree with you is no way to go through life.
So why are you commenting? We don't buy your brand of crazy here. We're full up. In case you didn't notice, this is the Canada forum. Cheeto vonTinyhands aka. Mini-mushroom cap, holds no sway north of the 49th. We all pretty much agree that he's a racist, xenophobic misogynist. It's not really up for debate.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:37 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,377,500 times
Quote:
I didn't read anything like all of that in that poster's apology to Canada for having wrought Trump upon the world. Anybody else notice anything like that in the post quoted?

Old 10-05-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
So why are you commenting? We don't buy your brand of crazy here. We're full up. In case you didn't notice, this is the Canada forum. Cheeto vonTinyhands aka. Mini-mushroom cap, holds no sway north of the 49th. We all pretty much agree that he's a racist, xenophobic misogynist. It's not really up for debate.
When an individual writes "we" it tells me that they're insecure in their position and need mental mob reinforcements. There are Canadians that support Trump, you do acknowledge that, don't you?

Old 10-05-2018, 04:40 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,318,279 times
Quote:
Actually orca was right. Most Americans didn't vote for Trump.

It would be a real shame if Trump wins again in 2020. He is already the laughing stock of the world.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I didn't read anything like all of that in that poster's apology to Canada for having wrought Trump upon the world. Anybody else notice anything like that in the post quoted?
Dude, you're so full of it, your picture should be on a Metamucil ad. You're radical leftist anti-conservative rhetoric is well known on the P&C board. You hate anyone that doesn't think, act, speak and vote exactly as you do.

Last edited by Sophiasmommy; 10-05-2018 at 05:10 PM..

Old 10-05-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
When an individual writes "we" it tells me that they're insecure in their position and need mental mob reinforcements. There are Canadians that support Trump, you do acknowledge that, don't you?
Canadians can't support Trump, they don't have the franchise. Now, are there Trump fans? Sure, but speaking as an Albertan, they're the Albertans that aren't spoken about. Sort of like the kids in the attic.

As far as needing reinforcements to deal with you? Hardly. There's a lot of really nice people here who wouldn't say what I would, even if they believe it, but I've lived in Texas for the last decade, so I'm a bit more blunt. I'm just engaging on their behalf. Canadians tend to look out for one another.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Canadians can't support Trump, they don't have the franchise. Now, are there Trump fans? Sure, but speaking as an Albertan, they're the Albertans that aren't spoken about. Sort of like the kids in the attic.

As far as needing reinforcements to deal with you? Hardly. There's a lot of really nice people here who wouldn't say what I would, even if they believe it, but I've lived in Texas for the last decade, so I'm a bit more blunt. I'm just engaging on their behalf. Canadians tend to look out for one another.
So they're "less than"?

Old 10-05-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
So they're "less than"?
We prefer "special". Like Trump supporters. Bless their hearts.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:23 PM

631 posts, read 556,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Actually orca was right. Most Americans didn't vote for Trump.

It would be a real shame if Trump wins again in 2020. He is already the laughing stock of the world.
Cheesss! This thread is for Trump haters!!!

Most Americans also did not vote for Bill Clinton, both times.

Justin Trudeau only got 39.5% of all Canadians' votes... that's a lower percent than Trump. I do understand how the Canadian electoral process and political system works. Incidentally, this is an interesting article that came out yesterday... basically. watch-out Trudeau!: https://ipolitics.ca/2018/10/04/why-...udeau-worried/.

The U.S. has an electoral college system of voting for a reason. It helps the states counter-balance federal power in Washington, DC. That is a good thing, IMO. If Americans want to change that, they can.

Many other Americans and I think Trump is doing a great job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada