Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 07:58 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times

Advertisements

Ah yes... CNN. "All Trump Scandals All The Time". So enlightening about the world we live in.

It's really sad what's happened to that network. It used to be my go-to for American news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 10:08 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
The CBC is the "gay pride agenda" along with what seems to be over 50% Brit. accents. Like the NDP, they are their own worst enemy, and have been for decades. Nice pension, though.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Ah yes... CNN. "All Trump Scandals All The Time". So enlightening about the world we live in.

It's really sad what's happened to that network. It used to be my go-to for American news.
CNN lost any sense of being a trusted news source during the last gulf war. They were the " voice of America " and sounded just like a propaganda arm of the Bush administration with little or no criticism of the war.

The fact the they are covering Trump today without holding back, shows that they are at least trying not to make that mistake again.

The reason there is so much about Trump, is well, there is just so much about Trump.

It's not just CNN, the NYT and others have Trumps stories every day. As they should. What is happening deserves to be covered.

Overall, though, US networks, like our networks, are going to be biased towards their own.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:09 PM

631 posts, read 562,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
CNN lost any sense of being a trusted news source during the last gulf war. They were the " voice of America " and sounded just like a propaganda arm of the Bush administration with little or no criticism of the war.

The fact the they are covering Trump today without holding back, shows that they are at least trying not to make that mistake again.

The reason there is so much about Trump, is well, there is just so much about Trump.

It's not just CNN, the NYT and others have Trumps stories every day. As they should. What is happening deserves to be covered.

Overall, though, US networks, like our networks, are going to be biased towards their own.
Fake News got its start with Michael Brown and the whole "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" lie in Ferguson, MO. CNN was trafficking in this BS until they got called on it.

Basically, anyone who hates Trump loves CNN and anyone who loves Trump hates CNN. But there are legitimate reasons not to watch CNN, even if you disapprove of Trump. There is a lot of bias in this network, as with many (most) others.

To keep with the OP, I've watched some of CBC's SitComs and had turn them off. The moral standards are appallingly low. We live in *modern* times. CBC is definitely biased toward your liberal, college-educated, *liberated*, *woke* audience, where values are all relative and anything goes, especially if you challenge or appear to challenge the moral sensibilities of the un*liberated*, conservative, more religious among Canadians.

Last edited by 2ner; 08-23-2018 at 01:32 PM..

Old 08-23-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ner View Post
Fake News got its start with Michael Brown and the whole "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" lie in Ferguson, MO. CNN was trafficking in this BS until they got called on it.

Basically, anyone who hates Trump loves CNN and anyone who loves Trump hates CNN. But there are legitimate reasons not to watch CNN, even if you disapprove of Trump. There is a lot of bias in this network, as with many (most) others.

To keep with the OP, I've watched some of CBC's SitComs and had turn them off. The moral standards are appallingly low. We live in *modern* times. CBC is definitely biased toward your liberal, college-educated, *liberated*, *woke* audience, where values are all relative and anything goes, especially if you challenge or appear to challenge the moral sensibilities of the un*liberated*, conservative, more religious among Canadians.
Which dare I say, the majority of Canadians.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:46 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Which dare I say, the majority of Canadians.
Heck, I'm the Alberta conservative curmudgeon on here, and I tick most of those boxes.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:47 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Heck, I'm the Alberta conservative curmudgeon on here, and I tick most of those boxes.
Are you really that old?

Old 08-23-2018, 02:24 PM

631 posts, read 562,781 times
Quote:
I am a dinosaur.

Old 08-23-2018, 03:04 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Are you really that old?

I ain't that young.

Old 08-23-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:

I ain't that young.
Um, ya you are LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada