Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2019, 08:18 AM

72 posts, read 43,010 times

Advertisements

Visited Canada for the first time in Vancouver and fell in love. Clean, modern, pretty, dense, walkable, good demographics. Want to visit another Canadian city. How does Toronto compare if I love Vancouver?

I'm from NYC BTW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 01:18 PM

676 posts, read 648,486 times
A lot less pretty than Vancouver but there is a lot more to do, buy, shop and see if you're into urbanity. Less so if you're more into nature, water activities or skiing. Toronto would be much more similar to NYC and less interesting for a tourist to visit from there than Vancouver, but it's still well worth seeing. I'd recommend Montreal or Quebec City instead as a tourist though if you basically have the pick of the litter among Canadian cities.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:23 AM

669 posts, read 321,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svelten View Post
A lot less pretty than Vancouver but there is a lot more to do, buy, shop and see if you're into urbanity. Less so if you're more into nature, water activities or skiing. Toronto would be much more similar to NYC and less interesting for a tourist to visit from there than Vancouver, but it's still well worth seeing. I'd recommend Montreal or Quebec City instead as a tourist though if you basically have the pick of the litter among Canadian cities.
Agreed. If you have money, family there, etc., Vancouver is an ideal place to live. It's basically a large town vs a city like Toronto which is like NYC Jr. .

Toronto is generally flat, grid like, towers, suburban sprawl. No real scenery to look at. The one we do (Scarborough Bluffs) pales in comparison to Vancouver's topography. If you're younger and looking for the club/bar scene, Toronto of course. Though I will say, Toronto's walkability and just local buzz of energy has been greatly enhanced lately. There are more niche older neighbourhoods vs Vancouver that is more fun to walk around in.

Montreal is a good place to visit for sure. More European feel. Won't get too much out of Toronto that NYC wouldn't have. Basically if you want a NYC experience but alot more quaint, Toronto is good for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada