Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2019, 06:46 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Well if English Canada provides value to you, they are frankly of your concern. You always admit that as long as Quebec can have this sort of parasitic relationship off of R.O.C that benefits Quebec, than you will always support unification. Frankly, is there ever going to come a time where QC doesn't 'need' R.O.C? I mean right now, Quebec's economy is doing better than it has in a very long time. On the surface, this could be the best years QC has to decouple.

So identify how the R.O.C provides value, and what would need to change that would render the R.O.C no longer of value? Presumably at that time, you would switch over to separatist.
My opinion would be one that the poster has already made that switch in "thought" and "word" but remains conflicted over the actual "deed".

Every teenager has faced that conundrum at some point in their early life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 08:25 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
My opinion would be one that the poster has already made that switch in "thought" and "word" but remains conflicted over the actual "deed".

Every teenager has faced that conundrum at some point in their early life.
It's like those people who complain endlessly about how much they hate their job, yet do nothing about it. As I said, there might not be a better time for those PB types to get over that conflicted feeling. QC is doing well now. Arguably, QC needs the ROC less now than they have for a long time.... so.....

Put this way, it isn't that I want QC to separate, but really if the prevailing mindset of the 60 percent who do not support separation is the same as his, why would the ROC want them to stay.

My guess is BRU, the majority of the 60 aren't like PB. It could be that his type will die off and there won't be any to replace him. That will likely be how it pans out.

Old 08-26-2019, 11:05 AM

225 posts, read 152,647 times
Quote:
Put this way, it isn't that I want QC to separate, but really if the prevailing mindset of the 60 percent who do not support separation is the same as his, why would the ROC want them to stay.

My guess is BRU, the majority of the 60 aren't like PB. It could be that his type will die off and there won't be any to replace him. That will likely be how it pans out.
60 percent may not support immediate independence for Quebec, but most of that 60 percent are voters who will sway to independence and away from independence. Most of the people in Quebec are going to support either separation, or more autonomy. Only a quarter are really against independence. That other topic about the CAQ is a prime example. They are not seeking independence, yet. Still that hardly means they are against it either.

Old 08-26-2019, 11:29 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebec Is My Country View Post
60 percent may not support immediate independence for Quebec, but most of that 60 percent are voters who will sway to independence and away from independence. Most of the people in Quebec are going to support either separation, or more autonomy. Only a quarter are really against independence. That other topic about the CAQ is a prime example. They are not seeking independence, yet. Still that hardly means they are against it either.
If you think about it though, to have the mentality that PB is conveying, one of being a parasitic relationship is not good for either QC nor the ROC. Nobody from QC except occasionally A/J is really challenging him on what he says. Which is essentially that it should be a one-sided relationship until the 'time comes' which seems like never. Now is seemingly a good time for QC because it is doing well economically.

As for autonomy, how much more does QC want before it is essentially a separate country anyway?

Old 08-30-2019, 04:47 PM

542 posts, read 503,269 times
Quote:
If you think about it though, to have the mentality that PB is conveying, one of being a parasitic relationship is not good for either QC nor the ROC.
Hello fusion2, would you consider the Canada/America relationship a "parasitic relationship"?

You live off them more than we live off of you, any day of the week.

I would make the argument that your parasitic relationship with the U.S. is not good for you or the U.S.

Quote:
Nobody from QC except occasionally A/J is really challenging him on what he says.
I'm not sure where Acajack is challenging me.

I have been terribly busy lately; the result is that I still need to review some of the threads.

That being said, I could care less if Acajack is considered "a good one". I have no desire to seek anyone's approval.

Quote:
Which is essentially that it should be a one-sided relationship until the 'time comes' which seems like never. Now is seemingly a good time for QC because it is doing well economically.
The time may never come, that ball is in your court.

In my opinion, if I may:

The time will come when Canada no longer offers us anything more of value.

Whether of not Quebec is doing well economically is a misunderstanding the situation before us.

Don't worry, fusion2, I'm a generous man, and will offer you this first lesson for free.

If you have a ripened watermelon in front of you, do you let it go to waste?

No, you enjoy every bite of it.

Only afterwards do you move on.

When Canada is nothing more than the rind of a watermelon, that is when we move on.

When Canada has nothing left to offer us, that is when we move on.

Quote:
As for autonomy, how much more does QC want before it is essentially a separate country anyway?
- Devolution of Canadian government giving Quebec power over it's own fate
- Dissolution of monarchy, or ability for Quebec to disregard monarchy, like taking the Queen off the money
- powers to give complete protection to French language in Quebec and New Brunswick
- Quebec has own seat at UN and own Olympics team seperate from Canada
- 50/50 split between Quebec and Canada in dplomatic affairs
- more autonomy for French language units in the military
- ability for Quebec to skip military ventures like Afghanistan

These would be adequate requirements to not only preserve Canada but move us into the 21st century of the Canadian union.

If it makes more sense for Quebec to achieve these through independence, that could be.

However, the current role of the CAQ is moving in the right direction. They are allowing us to reap the benefits that Canada willingly offers us, whilst simultaneously increasing our rightful autonomy.

Old 08-30-2019, 06:43 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
Hello fusion2, would you consider the Canada/America relationship a "parasitic relationship"?

You live off them more than we live off of you, any day of the week.

I would make the argument that your parasitic relationship with the U.S. is not good for you or the U.S.

I'm not sure where Acajack is challenging me.

I have been terribly busy lately; the result is that I still need to review some of the threads.

That being said, I could care less if Acajack is considered "a good one". I have no desire to seek anyone's approval.

The time may never come, that ball is in your court.

In my opinion, if I may:

The time will come when Canada no longer offers us anything more of value.

Whether of not Quebec is doing well economically is a misunderstanding the situation before us.

Don't worry, fusion2, I'm a generous man, and will offer you this first lesson for free.

If you have a ripened watermelon in front of you, do you let it go to waste?

No, you enjoy every bite of it.

Only afterwards do you move on.

When Canada is nothing more than the rind of a watermelon, that is when we move on.

When Canada has nothing left to offer us, that is when we move on.
So we are like locusts that descend upon a field of crops?

Old 08-30-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
So we are like locusts that descend upon a field of crops?
Well done, Acajack.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:13 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
I keep asking myself if this is passive / aggressive (manic) :
The Great Canadian Inferiority Complex & Why Canada's Most Talented Are Fleeing to America
Let's assume that it is a genuine curiosity in why Canadians have "an inferiority" complex. Obviously that's a ridiculous premise. Canadians are not inferior, and they do not have a mental illness leading them to act as though they have an "inferiority complex." False premise - expected from countries to the south.

Canada's most talented are designing space station equipment and flying in space. The rest have an obligation to contribute to the economy, culture and landscape. Sucks, but that's it.

And ... ?
Do you want to solve the problem of inferiority and fleeing in one sentence without mentioning Canada and those in the South?

Old 08-30-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
- Devolution of Canadian government giving Quebec power over it's own fate
- Dissolution of monarchy, or ability for Quebec to disregard monarchy, like taking the Queen off the money
- powers to give complete protection to French language in Quebec and New Brunswick
- Quebec has own seat at UN and own Olympics team seperate from Canada
- 50/50 split between Quebec and Canada in dplomatic affairs
- more autonomy for French language units in the military
- ability for Quebec to skip military ventures like Afghanistan

These would be adequate requirements to not only preserve Canada but move us into the 21st century of the Canadian union.

If it makes more sense for Quebec to achieve these through independence, that could be.

However, the current role of the CAQ is moving in the right direction. They are allowing us to reap the benefits that Canada willingly offers us, whilst simultaneously increasing our rightful autonomy.
One thing I forgot to add:

- The full francization of Ottawa.

Old 08-31-2019, 05:46 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
PBeauchamp you really have built up a hate for Canada and its predominantly Anglo population,Where do you suppose this hate for your country and its population came from? There is a solution to your hate for your country of residence.
As for The full francization of Ottawa.? whats the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada