Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 05:23 PM

183 posts, read 218,365 times

Advertisements

And by these same metrics, doesn't Quebec defeats the ROC in all of the described categories?

Quality of life, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 05:29 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I don't believe there is any such thing as a so-called "Canadian Inferiority Complex", it's a false BS stereotype that was made up by mean-spirited people with low self esteem who were in a jealous snit because they are losers and failures who aren't good enough to meet their own expectations. They believe the BS because they want to believe it and it makes them feel better about themselves if they can preach the same BS and try to make other people feel worse about themselves. It's called mental abuse.
Nice post and tbh, I hadn't really heard much about this until I joined CD and started reading this stuff in the CAD forums. There are 2 principle themes/narratives in here through the years (and something even more apparent to me now, since I was away for awhile) that really a few continually perpetuate:

1) English Canada vs Quebec in one way or another. It can offshoot into Toronto v Montreal too and others, but they are children of the parents - English Canada vs Quebec.

2) There is some sort of inferiority complex or jealousy Canada, and more specifically English Canada has toward the U.S. Quebec is often portrayed separately because it has a unique culture and is somehow exempt, whereas English Canada has none and is thus deprived and lacking.

If we get down to the brass tacks, I think those dynamics are what Master(s) and Slaves continually stir up. I'm not saying we shouldn't have any discussions about the above, but when it boils down to it - those two things are constantly introduced in here. They are normally introduced by a slave and there are many - but likely only one master. Normally, English Canada and its children, must somehow be on the defensive due to it/their many 'shortcomings'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

We must remember to try harder to show some charitable humility.
And when it comes to humility BRU - you'll lead the way...…. pause...…….. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....

Last edited by fusion2; 08-17-2019 at 05:42 PM..

Old 08-17-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhound View Post
The USA is a third world country compared to Canada.

The reality is these separatists will say anything to undermine Canada. Ungrateful doesn't begin to describe it. Studies prove them wrong.

I'll stick to my higher quality of life and higher per capita GDP.
Per capita GDP, the only measurable metric you mention that is actually measurable is about 25% higher in the US.

If things like quality of life were truly measurable, BruSan would not spend the majority of his time in Florida.

Old 08-17-2019, 05:41 PM

The world by per capita GDP:

Is it possible that the OP is on to something, and we should do the absolute best that we can?

I don't think he is trying to be rude to anyone but he is starting a conversation we can have. That would only benefit us to have this discussion. I think some people take it too personally and do not see that value of a open discussion.

Old 08-17-2019, 05:46 PM

81 posts, read 101,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViveLeQuebecLibre View Post

Is it possible that the OP is on to something, and we should do the absolute best that we can?

I don't think he is trying to be rude to anyone but he is starting a conversation we can have. That would only benefit us to have this discussion. I think some people take it too personally and do not see that value of a open discussion.
I notice a pattern that the White Anglo-Canadian posters are hellbent against anything other than: "Canada is perfect"!

Or even.."they must hate Canada"!

While all other groups...natives, francophones, immigrants, and so forth are open to having a conversation that makes the country better. Then they are accused of being "anti-Canada" in some way...

Hmmm.....

Old 08-17-2019, 05:51 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:
The world by per capita GDP:

I'm pretty sure Snowhound is well aware that Canada has a lower GDP per capita than the U.S - both Nominally and PPP. It is pretty easy information to look up. GDP per capita is one metric though, it doesn't tell us how everyday avg people are doing. If their healthcare needs are being addressed. If they feel safe in their neighbourhoods, Are they happy? Do they have a good work life balance? Do they have adequate sick days, personal leave days and vacation time?

There are so many factors at play and I think Canadians are more or less aware of where we have it good, where we get things right and what needs to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelightkid View Post
I notice a pattern that the White Anglo-Canadian posters are hellbent against anything other than: "Canada is perfect"!

Or even.."they must hate Canada"!

While all other groups...natives, francophones, immigrants, and so forth are open to having a conversation that makes the country better. Then they are accused of being "anti-Canada" in some way...

Hmmm.....
Ah - nerve pressed. I wonder why lol... Btw if you look at my posts, i'm more than willing to have a civil discussion about any range of topic - but those masters and slaves just get over the top, it begs the question about what is going on there lol..

Old 08-17-2019, 05:53 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
And by these same metrics, doesn't Quebec defeats the ROC in all of the described categories?

Quality of life, etc.
Simple answer, no.

Old 08-17-2019, 05:58 PM

81 posts, read 101,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I
Ah - nerve pressed. I wonder why lol... Btw if you look at my posts, i'm more than willing to have a civil discussion about any range of topic - but those masters and slaves just get over the top, it begs the question about what is going on there lol..
You know this fusion, you are a minority as well. And you don't have the same automatic conservative arguments that other white posters have.

If most white posters had the same attitude as you do, there wouldn't be a problem brewing in this country.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:00 PM

120 posts, read 71,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I'm pretty sure Snowhound is well aware that Canada has a lower GDP per capita than the U.S - both Nominally and PPP.
OK I stand corrected, are you happy?

Old 08-17-2019, 06:02 PM

120 posts, read 71,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limelightkid View Post
You know this fusion, you are a minority as well. And you don't have the same automatic conservative arguments that other white posters have.

If most white posters had the same attitude as you do, there wouldn't be a problem brewing in this country.
The only racist here is you. Racism is a very minor problem in Canada and is only a real problem south of the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada