Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 01:10 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,275,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I sure did. And the highlight of the evening was Christmas dinner - a roasted Brome Lake duck from Brome Lake Quebec, (the producers of the best roasting ducks in the world), and all the trimmings, finished off with a smooth, hot British custard together with French bread pudding drizzled with pure maple syrup from Quebec, and whipped cream. Such a meal is a long standing Christmas tradition in my family. Mmm, mmmm delicious.
Yum, yum. That's what I want for Christmas dinner next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 03:16 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,042,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
An interesting observation, jambo.

I could ask you the same question.

Why did you go from controlling all of the fertile lands of North America, to being a rump-attachment to the Americans who were "rebels", and who have out-foxed you in every conceivable way?

Y
Have a nice day eh.
Canadians never laid claim to the vast territories the French did so it was never about Canadians and Americans, so now Quebec is the rump attachment to Canada?Puzzles me why a culture so full of itself never pulls the trigger on separating from the motherland.

Old 12-28-2019, 06:46 AM

174 posts, read 105,318 times
Why special linguistic rights? French is a lovely language, but Montcalm, like, LOST.

And what do they "souviens" anyway? Henri Richard? Beliveau? Abbe Groulx? Truedough Sr.?

Old 12-28-2019, 07:03 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,377,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
It sounds like we have once again found common ground, BruSan.

I wish you the best down in Florida!
We have indeed with respect for your openly declared imperative.

It's soon to be a new year and I wish you all the best as well.

Old 12-28-2019, 09:37 AM

5,075 posts, read 2,005,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulent View Post
Why special linguistic rights? French is a lovely language, but Montcalm, like, LOST.

And what do they "souviens" anyway? Henri Richard? Beliveau? Abbe Groulx? Truedough Sr.?
That was an idea of Lise Payette who occuped a minister post in Rene Levesque gouvernment in the late 1970s to put "Je me souviens" to replace "La Belle Province" in the plateshacks. The same Lise Payette who talked of the "Yvettes" targeting Claude Ryan's wife during the 1980 Referendum. https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia....e/lise-payette

Old 12-28-2019, 11:04 AM

14,676 posts, read 14,779,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulent View Post

Not people ...... the distant past. Past traditions, past losses and grievances. The motto is a promise to never forget them, never let go of them.

Old 12-28-2019, 01:24 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,377,500 times
Quote:
Not people ...... the distant past. Past traditions, past losses and grievances. The motto is a promise to never forget them, never let go of them.

A way to perpetuate the "victimhood" psychology, if you will. Even for those not born of the generations with 'questionably legitimate' grievances, it's necessary to get them programmed as young as is possible.

Old 12-28-2019, 02:25 PM

18,494 posts, read 15,380,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
So.....did everyone have a good Christmas? ....
Why yes, thank you. I hope you did as well.

Old 12-28-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Joyeux Noël
Très amusant

Old 12-28-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
I sure did. And the highlight of the evening was Christmas dinner - a roasted Brome Lake duck from Brome Lake Quebec, (the producers of the best roasting ducks in the world), and all the trimmings, finished off with a smooth, hot British custard together with French bread pudding drizzled with pure maple syrup from Quebec, and whipped cream. Such a meal is a long standing Christmas tradition in my family. Mmm, mmmm delicious.
Zing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada