Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 12:02 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,698,539 times

Advertisements

*scratch the word MAJOR out*

What are your favorite American cities to visit, and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 12:15 PM

2,419 posts, read 1,608,991 times
Sarasota/Bradenton

Have a family trailer there, the beaches on the barrier keys are fantastic

Old 12-12-2019, 06:56 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,180,118 times
I favour only one American city to visit and that is Tucson, Arizona. Every year during the first 2 weeks of February the city of Tucson hosts a HUGE international Gem and Mineral show that is city-wide. There are usually around 4,000 vendors from all over the world and it takes up display and vendor space throughout the whole town in any spot where there is available space to set up a booth or table under cover in a building or inside a tent or under a patio umbrella.

That includes vendor space in all the motels and hotels conference rooms and lobbies as well as in the vendor's motel/hotel rooms and in their parking lots, and on traffic-blocked streets and city sidewalks in front of stores, parking lots everywhere in town, airplane hangers, factory buildings, auditoriums, meeting halls, the convention center, sports fields, school parks, public parks, trailer parks and you name it, on and on and on. The town is packed! It attracts thousands and thousands of people from all over the world. It's stupendous. The energy is mind boggling. The gemstones and raw minerals to be seen and the collective energy they generate is blow-you-away stimulation overload that leaves people gasping.

The town is tidy and neat, easy to navigate, quite lovely, well cared for and so are the rural residential areas near the town. The desert is breath-takingly beautiful during both day and night. The merchants, restaurateurs, hosts, city police, paramedics and other business and towns people who live and work year round in Tucson are VERY nice and accommodating people.

Other than Tucson alone, while I have enjoyed driving across America visiting very small towns and villages in out of the way places in many states I otherwise don't like cities (not even ours here in Canada) so I avoid all cities anywhere as much as is reasonably possible. Except for Tucson.

Old 12-15-2019, 03:53 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,517,906 times
The only large city I visited in the US was Boston, and I really enjoyed it there.

Old 12-15-2019, 10:46 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,769,309 times
Honolulu is my favorite. Amazing tropical climate. Beautiful mountain scenery. Diverse population. Great food. Nice beaches on Oahu Overall, an awesome place

San Diego gets an honorable mention. Great climate. Nice parks and restaurants

Old 12-16-2019, 11:51 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,656,891 times
Not so much cities but areas. I enjoy the drive down from Grand Forks BC, to Spokane.

I love the Oregon Coast and parts of the California Coast.

Palm Springs I enjoy, but it is not the town really, but the desert and mountains.

Also driving through Utah was nice. Arizona as well.

If I had to choose a city, it would be NYC.

Old 12-16-2019, 12:30 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,459,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Not so much cities but areas. I enjoy the drive down from Grand Forks BC, to Spokane.

I love the Oregon Coast and parts of the California Coast.

Palm Springs I enjoy, but it is not the town really, but the desert and mountains.

Also driving through Utah was nice. Arizona as well.

If I had to choose a city, it would be NYC.
Have your ever been to Astoria Oregon?

I have been through Utah, that place is beautiful!!

Old 12-16-2019, 01:12 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,656,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Have your ever been to Astoria Oregon?

I have been through Utah, that place is beautiful!!
No, I've never been, probably because it's a bit farther north from where I start my coastal trip in Oregon.
It also reminds me a bit of Nelson, BC, except by the sea.

Old 12-16-2019, 01:15 PM

26,916 posts, read 38,218,938 times
There are too many of them for me to list.

The U.S. has more than its share of crappy cities, but due to its size and diversity it also has so many great places to live and visit as well.

Old 12-16-2019, 03:06 PM

676 posts, read 655,264 times
Hawaii, NYC and San Diego for me.

Close to where I live, Seattle is a pretty neat city to be close to just for some diversity of activities and restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada