Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2020, 01:03 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,956,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Now this I agree with. I think we're in for a long haul. But I do believe that the measures currently in place will loosen up because people won't and can't live like that. I think we will invent new ways of living and I also believe you will be able to enjoy the opera again. I don't believe things will go back to where they were but we will be able to see friends again.
When?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 01:08 PM

7,305 posts, read 9,311,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
When?
August 25

Old 05-18-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
August 25
Extendable by Premier or Prime Minister? Or by Governor General?

Old 05-18-2020, 01:58 PM

7,305 posts, read 9,311,516 times
Quote:
Extendable by Premier or Prime Minister? Or by Governor General?
Extendable by people not social distancing.

Seriously I don't even understand the question as though this is in human hands, this virus. I've often thought people are so isolated from real life that they think if we just eat right, don't smoke, exercise, that we'll never die, that we think all we need to do is demand our health and all will be well.

We've been living in an incredible time with antibiotics. Now we're set back on our heels. I'm sure that unless a vaccine is found we'll all go through periods of social distancing and isolation when outbreaks pop up. Everyone's feeling their way through this. I have no idea where New York stands on their measures but here we can gather in groups of 10 while maintaining social distancing.

And we're advised, not ordered, that it's best to be outside. And restaurants can open at 50% capacity. And that's all due to Manitobans having social distanced their way to this.

And I'm going to be really pissed off if people abuse this until we're back at square one. Because for the most part, this is on us. We are the government.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Extendable by people not social distancing.

Seriously I don't even understand the question as though this is in human hands, this virus. I've often thought people are so isolated from real life that they think if we just eat right, don't smoke, exercise, that we'll never die, that we think all we need to do is demand our health and all will be well.

We've been living in an incredible time with antibiotics. Now we're set back on our heels. I'm sure that unless a vaccine is found we'll all go through periods of social distancing and isolation when outbreaks pop up. Everyone's feeling their way through this. I have no idea where New York stands on their measures but here we can gather in groups of 10 while maintaining social distancing.

And we're advised, not ordered, that it's best to be outside. And restaurants can open at 50% capacity. And that's all due to Manitobans having social distanced their way to this.

And I'm going to be really pissed off if people abuse this until we're back at square one. Because for the most part, this is on us. We are the government.
My feeling is that this is futility. The virus does not go away from distancing.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:19 PM

2,207 posts, read 1,316,808 times
I wish this would go away soon. I really miss watching the planes at night trying to guess which ones carry freight or passengers, and which ones are boeing or airbus. They have disappeared from the sky.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:35 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,006,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Imaginary conspiracy theories ...you say...

In a thread in the World Forum on C-D you are 100% convinced Covid-19 originated in Florida...
then spread around the world on cruise ships... I hope you are just joking...

Doesn't sound too plausible to me.

I have to agree with Trump on this one ...it came from CHY-NA

I think my theory is more plausible that all the other stupid conspiracy theories that are flying around, including Trump's stupid theories and finger pointing. He points a finger and a bunch of rabid nutcases automatically get all riled up wanting vengeance. That man's conspiracy theories and threats are going to be the death of him yet if the hydroxychloroquine that he demanded to start taking last week doesn't kill him first.

And no, I wasn't joking about the origin of the virus. I'm dead serious that I believe covid-19 originated in USA. I believe that it started getting spread around in its infectious stage by humans in 2019 right after the spring break and I know that by the middle of September there were people who had been on cruise ships out of Florida that were getting sick with pneumonia from it. I have good reason and evidence for believing it, but that is neither here nor there and it doesn't matter to me if nobody else believes it. What's done is done.

But unlike what many people are doing in that other thread you mentioned, I am not making an issue about its origin and I'm definitely not suggesting that anybody be held accountable for it without first being proven guilty of creating it. I'm a strong believer in the accused being considered innocent until proven guilty and should be given the benefit of the doubt, not be punished for things for which there has been no proof. And that is what I stressed in that thread. Where's the proof?

I'm neither defending or accusing China and frankly I don't care where the virus came from. It's here now and everyone has to deal with it and that's all there is to it. But I think China's accusers and wannabe punishers should put their money where their mouthes are and show the proof of guilt or else they should shut up.

Last edited by Zoisite; 05-18-2020 at 10:54 PM..

Old 05-19-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I'm neither defending or accusing China and frankly I don't care where the virus came from. It's here now and everyone has to deal with it and that's all there is to it. But I think China's accusers and wannabe punishers should put their money where their mouthes are and show the proof of guilt or else they should shut up..
Some evidence for your point of view is its somewhat milder impact in the U.S. when it became known. In China and Italy it cut like a knife.

As I have repeatedly said, I don't think we should be finger-pointing on origin. Even if the view that China deliberately downplayed the disease and allowed outbound travel overseas but not within China from Hubei Province no one is going to do anything about that information. It feels good to fire people up. But as William Shakespeare said, it's "(i)It is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, ssignifying nothing." Now I don't think Trump's an idiot at all, but it's there, in the text of Macbeth.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:21 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,519,883 times
Quote:
Some evidence for your point of view is its somewhat milder impact in the U.S. when it became known. In China and Italy it cut like a knife.

As I have repeatedly said, I don't think we should be finger-pointing on origin. Even if the view that China deliberately downplayed the disease and allowed outbound travel overseas but not within China from Hubei Province no one is going to do anything about that information. It feels good to fire people up. But as William Shakespeare said, it's "(i)It is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, ssignifying nothing." Now I don't think Trump's an idiot at all, but it's there, in the text of Macbeth.
Even the U.S. hasn’t banned outbound travel overseas, and it has the highest number of known COVID-19 cases in the world by far.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Even the U.S. hasn’t banned outbound travel overseas, and it has the highest number of known COVID-19 cases in the world by far.
The crucial difference is we did not shut down internal travel. China was quite happy to do an outward dump. Also the U.S. did not conceal the development of cases. Other countries could and often did ban inward travel, including Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada