Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2021, 11:45 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Have you read anything online about the effectiveness of mixing vaccines?
Yes. I mixed them so I've been paying a bit of attention to it. I got the AZ first, and Modern second.

I had really no side effects after the second shot, just a bit tired, and a sore arm for one day.

"Several ongoing studies are investigating the effects of mixing coronavirus shots. Data has been released from mixed trials in Spain and the United Kingdom, which suggest that mixing vaccines leads to a strong immune response and sometimes outperforms two doses of the same vaccine.

In Germany, a third study also revealed that the immune response of mixing coronavirus doses was better than two AstraZeneca shots and as good as or better than receiving two doses of the Pfizer vaccine."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...u-need-to-know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 06:18 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
What a difference two months make…
Quote:
Just two months ago, less than 5% of Canadians were fully vaccinated against Covid-19. At the same time, about 40% of Americans were. Today, a little less than 50% of Americans are fully vaccinated, while a little more than 50% of Canadians are.
Quote:
In the Angus Reid poll in Canada, 85% of adults who voted for the center-left Liberal Party in 2019 have been at least partially vaccinated. It's a similar 84% for the progressive New Democratic Party.
Quote:
Among those adults who backed the Conservative Party in Canada's 2019 election, a lower 69% had received at least one dose.
Trump supporters are a big reason why Canada and the UK are beating the US on vaccinations

Details of Angus Reid poll results: https://angusreid.org/wp-content/upl...easetables.pdf

Old 07-25-2021, 11:04 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Liberals and NDP voters should be able to get up past 90% vaccinated within the next couple of week. Its good to see most convservatives also go the the shot, but they can do better. We need conservative potilicians to speak up more.

Old 07-25-2021, 02:24 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Liberals and NDP voters should be able to get up past 90% vaccinated within the next couple of week. Its good to see most convservatives also go the the shot, but they can do better. We need conservative potilicians to speak up more.
Our right-wing politicians have the same shortcomings, in general. Governor Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas is stepping up to the plate but not many are. Governors Abbot and DeSantis of Texas and Florida are huge disappointments. In your country aren't Ford and Palliser urging vaccinations?

Old 07-26-2021, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Our right-wing politicians have the same shortcomings, in general. Governor Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas is stepping up to the plate but not many are. Governors Abbot and DeSantis of Texas and Florida are huge disappointments. In your country aren't Ford and Palliser urging vaccinations?
Don't know about Ford but Pallister has. I think he needs to have stronger and more targeted messaging though. The few people I know of that have not been vaccinated are all conservatives. There seems to be a lot of misinformation about vaccines out there.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:46 PM

24 posts, read 17,174 times
Government did a good job with the quickness of releasing the vaccines. I just hope the mixing of Pfizer and moderna will be recognized internationally otherwise I’m going to have to get another shot of either one. Minor inconvenience if I have to.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinghighoutofhere View Post
Government did a good job with the quickness of releasing the vaccines. I just hope the mixing of Pfizer and moderna will be recognized internationally otherwise I’m going to have to get another shot of either one. Minor inconvenience if I have to.
Yeah I don't mind getting a third shot if necessary.

Old 07-27-2021, 09:27 PM

41 posts, read 33,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
You've been reading way too much left wing propaganda. Literally every American citizen age 12 and over has had ample opportunity to be vaccinated. They are literally paying people to go get the vaccine. Anyone who hasn't done so is taking their own chances regardless of potential consequences.

Old 07-27-2021, 09:39 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond Gap View Post
You've been reading way too much left wing propaganda. Literally every American citizen age 12 and over has had ample opportunity to be vaccinated. They are literally paying people to go get the vaccine. Anyone who hasn't done so is taking their own chances regardless of potential consequences.
Huh? The comments in my post were about Canadians. The first link I posted was simply the source. The second link contained Canadian data only.

Last edited by cdnirene; 07-27-2021 at 09:52 PM..

Old 07-27-2021, 11:54 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond Gap View Post
Okay. We already know about all that. But how is any of that relevant to Canada and the UK now being ahead of America in the percentages of people who've gotten vaccines?

And why are Americans having to be bribed with payments to get vaccinated? Is it because the Americans who have not yet gotten vaccines have become more frightened to get vaccinated because of reading too much right-wing propaganda, conspiracy theories and misinformation .... or what?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada