Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2020, 08:30 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,894,927 times

Advertisements

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...eets-its-match

I never understood how the prices kept going up and up and up for decades and how folks could afford to live there. It seems housing prices in Ontario were crazy. We were looking for a home for our children and/or parents and places I wouldn't want my dog to live in were going for 300k+ and people were fighting over them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 12:01 PM

7,306 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Yeah, I've been wondering what comes after as well. Farmland prices have also skyrocketed - with labour disruptions possible and everything changed, I'm wondering what happens to those prices. Up or down? We're in a better position than most in that we have no debt. For the past 6 months I'd been debating building a new home so it would be easier for my husband to get around and also build it in such a way so that my parents could move in should that become necessary. Now I'll probably wait and see.

My brother is in construction and he laid off all his employees. My stepson is in Vancouver and doesn't know how he'll be able to collect rent from his buildings. He thinks this will be worse than the 1930s.

I don't see how long the government can pay percentages of people's salaries before the government is only printing worthless money. I don't see either how banks can repossess houses if there are no buyers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada