Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-05-2020, 02:02 PM
 
22,923 posts, read 15,585,374 times
Reputation: 16962

Advertisements

Found this news article interesting:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...J5m?li=AAggNb9

This is just a quick Leger Pol but I can't help but wonder what the results of a more in-depth study would reveal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-05-2020, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
18,504 posts, read 15,708,251 times
Reputation: 11938
Well with no margin of error, it's really hard to give it too much credence.

I agree, a better done poll would be interesting...but the type of questions are very " in the moment " and what some feel now, is most likely going to be very different in a year, or even less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2020, 04:43 PM
 
22,923 posts, read 15,585,374 times
Reputation: 16962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Well with no margin of error, it's really hard to give it too much credence.

I agree, a better done poll would be interesting...but the type of questions are very " in the moment " and what some feel now, is most likely going to be very different in a year, or even less.
I agree when the responses may be particularly aimed at expressing anger at a "perceived failure" by either country's leaders.

By the time the fat lady actually gets to sing the very last thing on anybody's mind might be measuring the trust quotient of various world leaders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2020, 12:44 AM
 
5,428 posts, read 3,542,891 times
Reputation: 5031
It would depend on who you ask. Among the Democrats, I’m sure that’s the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2020, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Canada
7,363 posts, read 8,489,225 times
Reputation: 5260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
It would depend on who you ask. Among the Democrats, I’m sure that’s the case.
Some one recently said on here that they feel safer in Canada because there are barely any blacks and hispanics here. That type of mentality is probably more prevelant among Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2020, 02:09 PM
 
Location: Canada
14,733 posts, read 15,252,994 times
Reputation: 34896
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Some one recently said on here that they feel safer in Canada because there are barely any blacks and hispanics here. That type of mentality is probably more prevelant among Republicans.

That type of discriminatory mentality is not suited to the Canadian mentality and culture regardless of a person's political belief systems. Someone who thinks that way shouldn't be living in Canada.


.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2020, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
26,947 posts, read 38,318,969 times
Reputation: 11705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That type of discriminatory mentality is not suited to the Canadian mentality and culture regardless of a person's political belief systems. Someone who thinks that way shouldn't be living in Canada.


.
Although... lots of people who think that way are already living in Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2020, 04:48 PM
 
5,428 posts, read 3,542,891 times
Reputation: 5031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That type of discriminatory mentality is not suited to the Canadian mentality and culture regardless of a person's political belief systems. Someone who thinks that way shouldn't be living in Canada.


.
Ideally, that would be the case in both countries, but racism is an ever pervasive issue, especially the passive type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2020, 06:35 PM
 
Location: Canada
7,319 posts, read 9,422,892 times
Reputation: 9860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Although... lots of people who think that way are already living in Canada.
And they all seem to live in Kelowna! (in my experience, anyway)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2020, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,869 posts, read 10,578,127 times
Reputation: 5516
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
And they all seem to live in Kelowna! (in my experience, anyway)

Oh man, my Korean friend who moved to Kelowna after graduation after living in Calgary, Montreal, and Vancouver did NOT enjoy being made aware of how she looked different and was different constantly. Poor thing, it just made it really hard for her to feel like part of the community, and was part of why she ended up selling her condo and leaving town and trying again elsewhere (in an even smaller BC city, believe it or not!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top