U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 08:50 PM

7,340 posts, read 4,185,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Well, it's just been announced on CTV news that Dr. Heather Morrison of Prince Edward Island and Dr. Robert Strang of Nova Scotia, both being the chief health officers for those respective provinces, have also been receiving threats. I found these reports online about it:

Top docs say they've received threats from people disgruntled about safety measures
https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/top-docs...actForm%3Dtrue

Canada's top doctors reveal flip side to public praise: "I've had death threats"
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada...cker-1.2726230

I know that Dr. Tam was the first we heard of a few months ago about her getting threats and being harrassed with horrible things being said about her, and in the States Dr. Fauci and his family being threatened. Now I wonder if other Canadian provinces' chief health officers have also been getting threats and had just not been report anything about it to the public yet?

Shaking my head here at such despicable behaviour.

They are doctors who are responsible for informing the public of health issues and related remedies. It's bizarre that anyone would threaten the person responsible for communicating health information, and full on looney that anyone would justify this threat as defending personal rights.

In Canada, it's not okay to deliver a death threat. A person delivering those threats should be assessed in a mental institution and then charged.

Was it Doug Ford who said: if you don't like the rules, that's fine. If a mask is required to enter a privately owned supermarket or restaurant, and you don't want to wear a mask, go somewhere else. Don't yell at the people who understand pandemic. Don't threaten to kill the messenger.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2022, 01:56 PM

1,605 posts, read 1,363,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Mahrie, no disrespect intended but with regard to all that stuff that you posted above about people being disturbed about control tactics and conspiracy theories and tracking and freedom of expression and restrictions of freedoms and demonstrations and what other people think about all of it, whether they agree or disagree and yada yada yada

........ I have to tell you that with regard to people sending death threats which is a form of TERRORISM all of that other stuff is irrelevant to me.

I don't care. Seriously. I DO NOT CARE. None of those things, whether it's true or not, whether they are valid concerns or not ...... not one of those concerns are justifiable reasons for other people to enact terrorism in the form of death threats and those things should not be used as an attempted excuse for why some people are practising that kind of terrorism.

There are no excuses for such behaviour regardless of anybody's views about anybody or anything else no matter what is going on in the world.

While I don’t approve of sending upsetting mail to anyone, historically speaking, death threats are benign. When one person wants to kill another, they don’t send them a warning first, they just do it.

Old 08-03-2022, 08:22 PM

22,747 posts, read 13,820,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
While I don’t approve of sending upsetting mail to anyone, historically speaking, death threats are benign. When one person wants to kill another, they don’t send them a warning first, they just do it.
Now you are simply repeating the perfidy you posted before. Wherever you're from, if it isn't a crime to threaten someone with harm or death, then we understand your third world approach with "the politicians are all out to get us" stuff.

They must have some kind of magical power and influence over thousands of medical practitioners so that the majority of them renounce their moral and ethical foundations to toe some line the hitherto unidentified illuminatti have set for them.

Yeppers; some people should just cut the legs off their beds so the bogeyman cannot hide under there any more.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:32 PM

205 posts, read 98,001 times
While people like Justin Trudeau, Chrystia Freeland, Steven Guilbeault, Catherine McKenna,Theresa Tam, Bonnie Henry, Deena Hinshaw, Heather Stefanson, Marco Mendocino and Jim Watson are probably the Top 10 most hated people in the country right now for very valid reasons, I agree that it's 100% wrong for someone to issue a death threat against anyone regardless of how much they intensely dislike the decisions they have made. At the end of the day, people just need to realize that we are all people with different decisions. We may intensely disagree with them but this is a free country and part of honouring freedom is respecting that people have the right to feel safe. Wishing someone harm is taking away a person's happiness to feel safe and secure in their own country. Right now I fear the polarization which exists in this continent. The U.S. is very much at risk of having a civil war and if that happens I think Canada might be brought into it because we have the same issues.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:34 PM

6,288 posts, read 4,147,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateNortherner View Post
While people like Justin Trudeau, Chrystia Freeland, Steven Guilbeault, Catherine McKenna,Theresa Tam, Bonnie Henry, Deena Hinshaw, Heather Stefanson, Marco Mendocino and Jim Watson are probably the Top 10 most hated people in the country right now for very valid reasons, I agree that it's 100% wrong for someone to issue a death threat against anyone regardless of how much they intensely dislike the decisions they have made. At the end of the day, people just need to realize that we are all people with different decisions. We may intensely disagree with them but this is a free country and part of honouring freedom is respecting that people have the right to feel safe. Wishing someone harm is taking away a person's happiness to feel safe and secure in their own country. Right now I fear the polarization which exists in this continent. The U.S. is very much at risk of having a civil war and if that happens I think Canada might be brought into it because we have the same issues.
I don’t hate anyone.

Old 08-04-2022, 09:34 PM

13,130 posts, read 11,656,809 times
I don't think Canada has the same issues that USA has. Also I don't believe that western separatism will ever happen in Canada.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:41 AM

1,702 posts, read 873,845 times
Hating someone for making un-precedented political decisions is shallow and says so much more about the hater than the recipient. I disliked a lot of the policies of Stephen Harper but I never hated the man

Old 08-05-2022, 10:08 AM

22,747 posts, read 13,820,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
Hating someone for making un-precedented political decisions is shallow and says so much more about the hater than the recipient. I disliked a lot of the policies of Stephen Harper but I never hated the man
Well said Porter.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:56 AM

6,288 posts, read 4,147,699 times
I think this is a prime example of the how posters who live in online echo chambers have a really distorted sense of reality.

I laughed when I saw Heather Stefanson’s name on the list. She’s only been Manitoba’s premier since last October. She rarely makes the national news. She’s petrified of questioning (and with good reason) so rarely makes a public appearance where reporters are present.

More than 96% of Canadians live outside of Manitoba. They are not affected by her policies. The idea that she is widely hated across Canada is laughable. Why should she be? I doubt very much most Canadians even recognize her name.

As far as Manitobans are concerned, she has her supporters. For the rest of us, the election next year can’t come soon enough. I don’t hate her. I just think she and her government are totally incompetent.

Old 08-05-2022, 04:38 PM

13,330 posts, read 13,544,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I think this is a prime example of the how posters who live in online echo chambers have a really distorted sense of reality.

I laughed when I saw Heather Stefanson’s name on the list. She’s only been Manitoba’s premier since last October. She rarely makes the national news. She’s petrified of questioning (and with good reason) so rarely makes a public appearance where reporters are present.

More than 96% of Canadians live outside of Manitoba. They are not affected by her policies. The idea that she is widely hated across Canada is laughable. Why should she be? I doubt very much most Canadians even recognize her name.

As far as Manitobans are concerned, she has her supporters. For the rest of us, the election next year can’t come soon enough. I don’t hate her. I just think she and her government are totally incompetent.
I'm sorry to admit I hadn't even heard of her until I read this thread just now. I had to google search her name to realize who she was. I still thought the tall guy was Premier - Pallister who I remember for saying people are idiots if they don't believe in Covid

I'm not sure how people could hate a bunch of public health Doctors. I'm not a fan of Trudeau at all but I'd never 'hate' the man either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada