Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 01:09 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times

Advertisements

I believe the poster is American. The indoctrination there seems so intense.

An example of the wackiness:

Quote:
In Springfield, Missouri, hospitals are starting to fill up with COVID-19 patients and the city has seen a big spike in deaths over the past month.

Amelia Montgomery, a nurse working in the COVID unit at Cox South Hospital in Springfield, describes a maddening routine where family members of sick patients call up medical staff on the phone on a daily basis and question whether their loved ones truly have the virus and and the veracity of positive test results.

“We know what COVID looks like now after six months of dealing with it," Montgomery said. “It is like beating your head against a brick wall when you are constantly having patients, family members of these patients and the community argue so intensely that it is not real or we are treating it in the wrong way.”
https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/wo...=COVIDBriefing

Anyone who prefers to take a medical diagnosis or treatment from a politician rather than from medical professionals is not playing with a full deck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2020, 01:16 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
@Natnasci- What Mahrie voiced is exactly what I see on social media around here and what is voiced as a reason for not wearing masks. An awful lot of people correlate wearing masks to being chipped and the Anti Christ.
A vocal minority though.

Old 09-26-2020, 03:08 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
A vocal minority though.
Not here.

Old 09-26-2020, 03:12 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Not here.
Perhaps not, but overall I would say they are.

Old 09-26-2020, 03:37 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,483,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Mahrie, no disrespect intended but with regard to all that stuff that you posted above about people being disturbed about control tactics and conspiracy theories and tracking and freedom of expression and restrictions of freedoms and demonstrations and what other people think about all of it, whether they agree or disagree and yada yada yada

........ I have to tell you that with regard to people sending death threats which is a form of TERRORISM all of that other stuff is irrelevant to me.

I don't care. Seriously. I DO NOT CARE. None of those things, whether it's true or not, whether they are valid concerns or not ...... not one of those concerns are justifiable reasons for other people to enact terrorism in the form of death threats and those things should not be used as an attempted excuse for why some people are practising that kind of terrorism.

There are no excuses for such behaviour regardless of anybody's views about anybody or anything else no matter what is going on in the world.

I think that you need to read Agenda 21. Now, *that’s* terrorism, and it is being enacted before your eyes.

Shabbat Shalom,

Mahrie.

Old 09-26-2020, 03:55 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,483,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Sigh.

Why ON earth would a provincial health officer be trying to control the populace as a whole? It also belies the facts. Dr. Bonnie Henry has been criticized by some for NOT making masks mandatory, etc. Everything she has done has been based on science, and BC has had fewer restrictions than many jurisdictions.

AS for tracing, the apps are purely by choice. Pubs and restaurants take your name and number to notify you if someone who has the virus was there the day you were. I know I would want to know, wouldn't you?

Vaccinations work, end of story.

Chips LOL

Monitored 24/7 ? Are you being monitored 24/7? One can make an argument against camera's in public places, but I don't feel anyone in BC is being monitored 24/7. However that is an issue not related to this pandemic, as I've seen no increase in that regard.

Travel restrictions during a pandemic make sense. Surely you can't believe this is forever, and that restricting travel is part of some plan by the evil few in order to gain what?? It sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Prescription medications have always been tracked, even when you pay cash. As for digital transactions, I'm not sure what the alternative is if you don't want to use them and cash is refused. How on earth can a digital transaction occur without it collecting the information of who is buying, what is being sold and where. I suppose one could buy gift cards and use them.

Freedom of expression severely curtailed? But here you are, expressing yourself.

Dictatorial regime? Here in BC? Here in Canada?

I see all sorts of behaviours come out of the woodwork since the pandemic. I see adults who act like adults and understand that health professionals are doing their best with a NEW virus, and are trying to guide us safely through it.

I also see adults, who act more like children, and whine about having to clean their rooms, and wanting to stay out as late as possible because they don't like the rules, because they don't see the whole picture.

Bonnie Henry is a small but highly visible link in a very long chain, which is why people are focusing on her instead of those who pull her strings.

Public figures, especially controversial ones, receive an absurd amount of personal attention, and some of it is invariably negative.

As for the rest of your comment, I won’t address it because I never argue with people, and I see that we don’t agree on much.

I do wish you well.

Mahrie.

Old 09-26-2020, 06:17 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
Bonnie Henry is a small but highly visible link in a very long chain, which is why people are focusing on her instead of those who pull her strings.

Public figures, especially controversial ones, receive an absurd amount of personal attention, and some of it is invariably negative.

As for the rest of your comment, I won’t address it because I never argue with people, and I see that we don’t agree on much.

I do wish you well.

Mahrie.
Bonnie Henry is a medical doctor who has accepted a role of public health governance and education. She makes independent health decisions in the Province of British Columbia. Every province has its own health officer.

Dr Bonnie Henry is not part of some global conspiracy, and she is certainly not a spokesperson or public figure in Canada. She makes announcements to the people in BC about provincial health issues.

Old 09-26-2020, 07:46 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Well, it's just been announced on CTV news that Dr. Heather Morrison of Prince Edward Island and Dr. Robert Strang of Nova Scotia, both being the chief health officers for those respective provinces, have also been receiving threats. I found these reports online about it:

Top docs say they've received threats from people disgruntled about safety measures
https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/top-docs...actForm%3Dtrue

Canada's top doctors reveal flip side to public praise: "I've had death threats"
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada...cker-1.2726230

I know that Dr. Tam was the first we heard of a few months ago about her getting threats and being harrassed with horrible things being said about her, and in the States Dr. Fauci and his family being threatened. Now I wonder if other Canadian provinces' chief health officers have also been getting threats and had just not been reporting anything about it to the public yet?

Shaking my head here at such despicable behaviour.

Last edited by Zoisite; 09-26-2020 at 09:14 PM..

Old 09-26-2020, 07:51 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
A popular saying has merit in this case: "you cannot fix stupid".

Old 09-26-2020, 08:03 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
A popular saying has merit in this case: "you cannot fix stupid".
... or the mentally ill. The internet amplifies both. Either may be at play here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada