Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 12:37 AM

7,490 posts, read 4,970,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
i check my accounts every day
Don't just check your accounts with TD bank, check your safety deposit boxes. TD bank has been "inadvertently" drilling into Safety Deposit Boxes since 2012 and the contents of all boxes that were drilled have disappeared. Customers who lost valuables are compensated at 50% of true value according to some claims, but it is unclear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2020, 05:03 AM

2,408 posts, read 1,587,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Don't just check your accounts with TD bank, check your safety deposit boxes. TD bank has been "inadvertently" drilling into Safety Deposit Boxes since 2012 and the contents of all boxes that were drilled have disappeared. Customers who lost valuables are compensated at 50% of true value according to some claims, but it is unclear.
yes i read about that

Old 12-05-2020, 10:37 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,386,504 times
I expect an update from TD Bank; my twenty business days for a response are almost up, but I'm unimpressed. In this day of tech. you'd THIMK they'd be on this real fast. It only takes fraud a nano-second.

Old 12-09-2020, 11:59 AM

update - about to pull the plug on TD no contact since 7 Nov, when I call their fraud number I am on hold for 60 plus minutes. i call my branch who tell me to be patient as it sometimes take 30 days, it has been 32

Old 12-11-2020, 01:37 PM

Default just called as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
update - about to pull the plug on TD no contact since 7 Nov, when I call their fraud number I am on hold for 60 plus minutes. i call my branch who tell me to be patient as it sometimes take 30 days, it has been 32
My time is up, too. I "suggested" today that (surprise) it's not 1955 any more. I have to get four letters to go to the four places I used my debit (in the last year) AND get my RCMP file number. At this point I really don't care WHAT TD does; they've jerked my chain too long. I'll need a fraud number and attempts to inform retailers so they can check their machines (No, it's very remote the they're even involved, but at this stage I have to show due diligence IF I ever take TC to court). the more I google the more "stories" I run across. Some seem really sketchy right off the top: large amounts, multiple times, the guys' money is leaving the country........but going back to the "old hood". My file is a no brainer: no x contamination on any level, all the compromise comes from WITHIN TD bank. Lots of articles on how TD in particular has been vulnerable more than other Cdn. banks. Busy weekend putting the paper together, I guess. Their work days are up as far as I'm concerned.

Old 12-12-2020, 11:46 AM

Default 48 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS-JonathanAlphonso View Post
I am a bit paranoid but I think it is a good habit to review all my bank accounts line by line each month. Even if there is no fraud, there might be some services I don't need on there which I can cancel.
you have 48 hours in Canada to report bank fraud; liablity is 50. if you wait over 30 days your liability goes to 500. Banks have been pretty quiet about this; a Supreme Court Canada decisions set the bar.

Old 12-20-2020, 05:56 AM

yesterday I was on hold for an update from TD's fraud line until the batteries on my phone detonated. this is NOT going well. this is apparently a very common fraud code: AMZN Mktp CR_V now the asshats are calling warning about the fraud code (while it's actually THEM) and trying to get people's infor. Man, are these types getting good at it. Meanwhile, back and the bank...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 12-24-2020, 10:38 AM

TD fraud line and branches now closed for Xmas and New Years shutdown. No answer from them now ongoing a month and two weeks. Wow. Just wow after 42 YEARS of clean accounts. What a way to roll into 2021.

Old 12-30-2020, 09:03 PM

End of an Era: TD bank just re-deposited my fraud debit of almost 500. dollars. No email, no message, no suggestion list, "de nada" but at least I now have my money back, after a month and a half. Ouch. Happy New Year, everyone. Where's the nearest Credit Union???!!

Old 12-31-2020, 08:08 AM

They be grudgingly gave me back my money stating it was temporarily redeposited pending their continued investigation into my claim. It was a lousy $50 approx for a door dash, ( like Uber eats) transaction. Not happy with the way they are treating me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada