Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2021, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 4,436 times

Advertisements

Shopping for a mattress has become practically very difficult. With so many options to choose from, it looks impossible to pinpoint the one that's appropriate for me. I sleep on my side and am looking for a king-sized mattress that won't sag in the middle. Before, I'd a plush top which I used for seven long years. It's not bad still, but I want to change it to a firm top with plush pillows. Can you suggest a brand and model that I can try?

Old 03-19-2021, 02:34 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
I will second that suggestion to get a futon mattress. The one I use is a firm, thin enough to roll up (4 layer) all cotton filled futon (no foam, wool, latex or polyester fillings in mine) that I have simply placed on top of my plush pillow top firm spring mattress. I got mine at Ikea, I've had it for 18 years now and it's as comfortable now as ever. If I had to put a futon directly onto a hard, inflexible surface with no give to it though, I would probably want to use an 8 to 12 layer futon instead but that would be heavier.

You can get futons in various different sizes and with other fillings as well and in layers up to 12 layers that I know of, possibly more layers if you are having one custom made. I find the futons with all cotton layers as filling are the heaviest futons but also they're the most traditional and most comfortable, breathable for me.

You can see some pictures of some of the types of layers plus description of futon materials and sizes of futons at this BunkBedsCanada site here: https://bunkbedscanada.com/futons/futon-mattress.html and also you should look online for other futon suppliers that may have what is most suitable for you.

Here are some pictures of other types and brands of futons and several other manufacturers/suppliers for you to check out:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=futon...w=1338&bih=662

Last edited by Zoisite; 03-19-2021 at 02:47 AM..

Old 04-15-2021, 09:55 AM

32,632 posts, read 47,975,309 times
No one can pick a mattress for you but you. Go and hit the stores and lay down on some different types.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:25 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
No one can pick a mattress for you but you. Go and hit the stores and lay down on some different types.
Good advice of course, but depending on OP's location in Canada hitting stores might not be possible and he may have no choice but to depend on ordering household furnishings online.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.