Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2021, 10:15 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times

Advertisements

Kraft Dinners replacing NYC cuisine - - now that's some dedication right there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 10:23 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Things I didn't need to know, but learned anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOZYESQVHxs

Old 07-23-2021, 07:18 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Especially since JBGUSA has promised to treat me to the best restaurant in the northern fringes of the NYC metro area as soon as the border reopens!
Promise still stands. Just take Autoroute 15 past the border till it merges with I-287, then continue east on I-287 to Exit 9N, then north on the Hutchinson River Parkway to Exit ??? (being renumbered as mileposts, not km-posts). I live about 1 km from the exit, and I'll walk.. Then you'll pick a restaurant. None around here have poutine.

Old 07-24-2021, 06:13 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Promise still stands. Just take Autoroute 15 past the border till it merges with I-287, then continue east on I-287 to Exit 9N, then north on the Hutchinson River Parkway to Exit ??? (being renumbered as mileposts, not km-posts). I live about 1 km from the exit, and I'll walk.. Then you'll pick a restaurant. None around here have poutine.
LOL you're a gentleman and a scholar!

(For the record, JBGUSA never actually promised that specifically in the past, but I just knew he'd pick up the ball and run with it.)

Old 07-24-2021, 03:43 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
LOL you're a gentleman and a scholar!

(For the record, JBGUSA never actually promised that specifically in the past, but I just knew he'd pick up the ball and run with it.)

Thanks.

Those directions are accurate but I don't know how to gt from Montreal property to Autoroute 15.

Old 07-25-2021, 12:17 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Half of Canada is on fire now, with BC being the very worst and people evacuating entire towns and smoke spreading across the continent. I can't imagine why any mindful tourists from any country would want to visit if this kind of chaos is still going on in August and September. I wouldn't be surprised if by August 9th that BC at the very least rescinds the opening of its borders to non-essential travellers because of BC being in a state of emergency due to all the wildfires. The entire province is listed at level 5 which is highest level for fires.

Old 07-25-2021, 10:11 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,769,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Half of Canada is on fire now, with BC being the very worst and people evacuating entire towns and smoke spreading across the continent. I can't imagine why any mindful tourists from any country would want to visit if this kind of chaos is still going on in August and September. I wouldn't be surprised if by August 9th that BC at the very least rescinds the opening of its borders to non-essential travellers because of BC being in a state of emergency due to all the wildfires. The entire province is listed at level 5 which is highest level for fires.

There are still individuals who have relationships such as boyfriend/girlfriend that aren't categorized as family relations and therefore not eligible to cross yet. Those individuals are likely to be the first to register on ArriveCAN and cross over. I really don't think there is going to be a swarm of Americans looking to come over in August or September because of all the cumbersome steps though I may be wrong. Still, you're underestimating the size of the continent. Other than smoke blowing over, the wildfires in BC don't have enough bearing on Quebec and the Maritimes as to merit their closing off to non-essential visitors. That and not every non-essential visitor is a "tourist". There are many border communities where friends and acquaintances within a walking distance that have been split asunder by the border closure and who would like to see each other again.

Old 07-25-2021, 10:44 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
There are still individuals who have relationships such as boyfriend/girlfriend that aren't categorized as family relations and therefore not eligible to cross yet. Those individuals are likely to be the first to register on ArriveCAN and cross over. I really don't think there is going to be a swarm of Americans looking to come over in August or September because of all the cumbersome steps though I may be wrong. Still, you're underestimating the size of the continent. Other than smoke blowing over, the wildfires in BC don't have enough bearing on Quebec and the Maritimes as to merit their closing off to non-essential visitors. That and not every non-essential visitor is a "tourist". There are many border communities where friends and acquaintances within a walking distance that have been split asunder by the border closure and who would like to see each other again.
It's not wildfire smoke from BC that Ontario and Quebec worry about. It's wildfire smoke from Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec itself ( last year Quebec had one of it's worse wildfire seasons ) that effects them, and yes, as far as the maritimes.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...nada-1.6109041

https://dailyhive.com/montreal/smog-...ario-wildfires

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/air-qual...wick-1.5517817

Old 07-25-2021, 12:05 PM

88,579 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
If they are in a relationship for more than a year, they do fall under the extended family rules using the IM0006E process and have been eligible since last October. That's how I came in last November and again in June. Some did not because they could not do the 14-day quarantine or stay for at least 15 days. The new rules are far less restrictive. No video tests, no quarantine plan, no calls or visits from the government.

(You also had to have actually had an in-person relationship and not just an Internet one. They asked some people for proof in the form of photos together.)

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 07-25-2021 at 12:16 PM..

Old 07-25-2021, 12:18 PM

88,579 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
It's not wildfire smoke from BC that Ontario and Quebec worry about. It's wildfire smoke from Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec itself ( last year Quebec had one of it's worse wildfire seasons ) that effects them, and yes, as far as the maritimes.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...nada-1.6109041

https://dailyhive.com/montreal/smog-...ario-wildfires

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/air-qual...wick-1.5517817
It's been hazy here in Hastings County, Ontario, and the air quality warnings said it was from wildfires in northeastern Ontario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada