Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 06:00 AM

366 posts, read 1,185,457 times

Advertisements

Pirate & Ckh - Your honourary citizenships are waiting at the border!
You'll have to have a simple citizenship test 1st. You'll have to define the meaning of the term "double-double" - then it's all universal healthcare and CBC for you!

Hey Pirate, do you have a real countrified Georgia accent? Of all the accents I hear, that's one accent I never hear in Toronto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 12:50 PM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west_end_don View Post
Pirate & Ckh - Your honourary citizenships are waiting at the border!
You'll have to have a simple citizenship test 1st. You'll have to define the meaning of the term "double-double" - then it's all universal healthcare and CBC for you!

Hey Pirate, do you have a real countrified Georgia accent? Of all the accents I hear, that's one accent I never hear in Toronto.
I don't have a country accent. In fact, alot of people tell me I sound like I am from Minnesota or California. Me and my french teacher from high school were in a discussion about the accents of black people living in the South. She told me I sounded just like the black people in Canada. This was coming from someone who is from Canada.
As for the honorary citizenship,well, I do know about CBC and universal healthcare. My french teacher gave me a link to RadioCanada. I am also familiar with Gino Vannelli, La Vollee de Castor, and Degrassi. I don't know what double-double is.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:58 AM

366 posts, read 1,185,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I don't know what double-double is.
Sorry.

Honourary citizenship revoked by order of the Governor-General of Canada. As per Article 9, Sub-section C, Clause 4b), of the Canadian Immigration Act.

As stated;
"The rights and responsibilities of a citizen of Canada to order coffee at Tim Horton's et al. in the truest of Canadian fashions and to swear (or affirm) to be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen to not mess up the queue while ordering said coffee. "

Old 08-18-2009, 07:26 AM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west_end_don View Post
Sorry.

Honourary citizenship revoked by order of the Governor-General of Canada. As per Article 9, Sub-section C, Clause 4b), of the Canadian Immigration Act.

As stated;
"The rights and responsibilities of a citizen of Canada to order coffee at Tim Horton's et al. in the truest of Canadian fashions and to swear (or affirm) to be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen to not mess up the queue while ordering said coffee. "
No fair. What if I found out what it was?

Old 08-24-2009, 09:46 AM

409 posts, read 1,459,114 times
Personally, I would only want to raise kids within the city proper. There is a reason why the houses cost more and that is because the best areas have the best schools and virtually no crime. The kids are diverse and multicultural and each kid does not need a car for their 16th birthday (thus saving you a lot of the money that you invested into the house in the first place).

Old 08-24-2009, 11:37 AM

1,048 posts, read 6,443,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Derf View Post
Personally, I would only want to raise kids within the city proper. There is a reason why the houses cost more and that is because the best areas have the best schools and virtually no crime. The kids are diverse and multicultural and each kid does not need a car for their 16th birthday (thus saving you a lot of the money that you invested into the house in the first place).
Exactly what city are you referring to here?

Old 08-24-2009, 11:51 AM

409 posts, read 1,459,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynator View Post
Exactly what city are you referring to here?
I live close enough to downtown Toronto. I'll wager there is less crime and drug use here than in most suburbs surrounding the city.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:16 PM

1,048 posts, read 6,443,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Derf View Post
I live close enough to downtown Toronto. I'll wager there is less crime and drug use here than in most suburbs surrounding the city.
That's cool. The reason why I asked is because you didn't mention the name of any city, so it kind of read like all Canadian cities were like that (when they're not).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada