Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 10:09 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,020,182 times

Advertisements

Good find. I'm glad to see that some people have been independently investigating and exposing the way the mainstream media immediately jumped to sensational conclusions about "mass graves" and ran with it without getting any confirmation about the truth of the matter. Too bad that so much trouble with people burning churches resulted from so many more people jumping to conclusions.

Seriously, there are times when the media just needs to shut up and get to the truth before resorting to yellow journalism and getting people stirred up into witch hunts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2021, 09:24 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,319,117 times
Pope to visit Canada https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/pope-...isit-1.6226682

Old 10-27-2021, 09:44 AM

3,450 posts, read 2,775,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post

Questions:
Are there wealthy Canadians propping up the Church? Or politicians shielding the Church from scrutiny? Is there a growing demand to treat the Church as a criminal enterprise?

Old 10-27-2021, 10:27 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,319,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
Questions:
Are there wealthy Canadians propping up the Church? Or politicians shielding the Church from scrutiny? Is there a growing demand to treat the Church as a criminal enterprise?
Wealthy Canadian Catholics may have propped up the Church for all I know. Wealthy people with a religious persuasion probably prop up religious institutions of all faiths to a degree.

I think Chretien may have shielded the Church based on this recent report. Or, just as likely, he was a child of his times and didn't see the abuse reported as something that deserved investigation.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/c...ster-1.6224844

Are people seeing the Church as a criminal enterprise? I've never heard of that.

Old 10-27-2021, 12:22 PM

2,393 posts, read 1,561,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
all RCMP leave will be cancelled and mega overtime $ to be paid

Old 10-27-2021, 12:43 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times
Well as to Chretien not having heard anything about residential school abuses during his entire tenure in parliament - he'd have to have been deaf, dumb and blind not to have heard all the nasty stuff that was circulating about those schools as early as the late 50's.

Many children that were removed from reserves and put in those schools were later adopted out to families across Canada and they brought with them tales of what was going on in those schools. Are we expected to believe the survivors never once mentioned it to anyone among officialdom? No survivor that went on to higher education and subsequent career off the reserve ever discussed it with anyone? All of the many previous governments machinations were never known or common knowledge among serving MP's?

https://ecampusontario.pressbooks.pu...ter/chapter-1/

Chretien would be better served by shutting his pie hole and fading into obscurity.

Now as to the Pope and his travel arrangements to Canada as part of the recognition of past abuse's - cough up some cash old boy and we'll believe you're sorry when it actually arrives in the victims hands. Just like you'd gain some credibility with your demand that every able country accept refugees and migrants if you donated a few apartments in the Holy See for a few to live.

Jesus wore nothing but the most simple of clothing and when that guy appears on his balcony wearing more gold than Fort Knox, I'm afraid I tune out of whatever message he's managed to 'phony' up for the peons.

Last edited by BruSan; 10-27-2021 at 12:58 PM..

Old 10-27-2021, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well as to Chretien not having heard anything about residential school abuses during his entire tenure in parliament - he'd have to have been deaf, dumb and blind not to have heard all the nasty stuff that was circulating about those schools as early as the late 50's.

Many children that were removed from reserves and put in those schools were later adopted out to families across Canada and they brought with them tales of what was going on in those schools. Are we expected to believe the survivors never once mentioned it to anyone among officialdom? No survivor that went on to higher education and subsequent career off the reserve ever discussed it with anyone?

Chretien would be better served by shutting his pie hole and fading into obscurity.

Now as to the Pope and his travel arrangements to Canada as part of the recognition of past abuse's - cough up some cash old boy and we'll believe you're sorry when it actually arrives in the victims hands. Just like you'd gain some credibility with your demand that every able country accept refugees and migrants if you donated a few apartments in the Holy See for a few to live.

Jesus wore nothing but the most simple of clothing and when that guy appears on his balcony wearing more gold than Fort Knox, I'm afraid I tune out of whatever message he's managed to 'phony' up for the peons.
Pope Francis doesn’t usually wear expensive garb.

Old 10-27-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Pope Francis doesn’t usually wear expensive garb.
I think you've missed my point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_...a_and_insignia

Old 10-27-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
That’s been the case for centuries.

Old 10-27-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
That’s been the case for centuries.
Precisely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada