Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2021, 08:26 PM
 
37 posts, read 24,377 times
Reputation: 30

Advertisements

Google can't find anything?


I'm curious,

if your employer has wrongfully terminated you

and the union was complicit in supporting that violation

and the Labour Board dismissed your complaint because the union was allegedly going to arbitration

but arbitration was cancelled because you were going to inform the arbitrator that the union was not representing you

then the employer/union drafted a settlement deal to reinstate you
only because you had evidence that checkmated the unions' corrupt collusion with the employer
but that settlement wants you to agree that the employer did no wrong whatsoever, despite hard evidence of their LIE....

Can you not just publicize the names
of the employers management employees and the union officers
that were complicit in the wrongful termination?

The employers managers are still in their positions and they union officers still hold positions in a union for that employer.

Defamation and libel deals with publicizing false information about someones conduct...

But hard evidence that reveals blatant corruption
on the part of the employers management
and the unions officers
should be able to be published for the public to see... no?

Anyone know of any specific privacy laws that prevent the publicizing of labour violations
that couldn't find justice because of the internal corruption within the process of seeking justice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-18-2021, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Canada
14,735 posts, read 15,129,346 times
Reputation: 34882
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnCloseInspection View Post

........ Can you not just publicize the names of the employers management employees and the union officers
that were complicit in the wrongful termination?

Anyone know of any specific privacy laws that prevent the publicizing of labour violations ....... ?
I honestly don't know if there's a ban on publishing stuff like that or what can happen to the person who publishes it. But there's a way for you to find out. You can find out by trying to blow the whistle yourself. Then, (if you can actually find somebody who will HOST the publishing of that for you) when you get sued in a class action suit by all the people whose names you publicized then you will find out exactly what all the privacy laws are. And you'll also find out that nobody else will ever, ever hire you for any other job again after the court case is over because you'll have gained the reputation of a trouble maker.

Or, if there's no suit against you and your vendetta but somebody decides to bypass the legalities and get even with you for publishing their name anyway, you might just find some hired thugs in your home some night and yourself getting beaten to a pulp in your bed in the middle of the night, or maybe you'll wake up one night to find your car (or worse) on fire.

Sometimes a person thinks they've been wrongfully terminated only because they are outraged at the very idea of being fired. They may take the attitude of disbelief or think to themselves "How DARE they fire ME of all people !?!?" The fired person might insist that they've been wrongfully terminated and try to get even or find justice, but the possibility remains that they may actually be wrong and can't recognize and accept that they are wrong.

If there were all those employers, management, employees and union officers who were all in agreement with each other about that one person who got fired then in all likelihood the real problem is the outraged employee who got rightfully fired for some wrong-doing and refuses to recognize that it was a rightful termination.

If you are up against all that and all those many people, all those trials, tribulations and obstacles, perhaps it's better for you to choose peace over conflict and go find another job somewhere else where nobody knows you or your employment history and you will be welcome.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2021, 01:09 PM
 
37 posts, read 24,377 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Sometimes a person thinks they've been wrongfully terminated only because they are outraged at the very idea of being fired. They may take the attitude of disbelief or think to themselves "How DARE they fire ME of all people !?!?" The fired person might insist that they've been wrongfully terminated and try to get even or find justice, but the possibility remains that they may actually be wrong and can't recognize and accept that they are wrong.

If there were all those employers, management, employees and union officers who were all in agreement with each other about that one person who got fired then in all likelihood the real problem is the outraged employee who got rightfully fired for some wrong-doing and refuses to recognize that it was a rightful termination.

If you are up against all that and all those many people, all those trials, tribulations and obstacles, perhaps it's better for you to choose peace over conflict and go find another job somewhere else where nobody knows you or your employment history and you will be welcome.

.
I guess you missed the part about having hard evidence that the employer lied.

I guess you also missed the part where the union realized their violation of their duty to fairly represent me was going to be revealed to the arbitrator ... so they changed their tactic.

Believe it or not, rampant corruption does exist within unions and employers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2021, 01:43 PM
 
28,711 posts, read 18,883,586 times
Reputation: 31014
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnCloseInspection View Post
Can you not just publicize the names of the employers management employees and the union officers
Absolutely, you can. Go ahead. No law pre-empts your doing so.

Of course, they can sue you for libel and defamation. People can always sue. If you can present evidence to prove your statements are true, the court will exonerate your public statements.

Of course, you'll be a lot poorer at that point...but you will have been able to publicize your situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2021, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Canada
7,313 posts, read 9,363,913 times
Reputation: 9860
I think you can say what you like but I think our poster ChevySpoons should answer that question. He's a lawyer, even, I think, in your province based on your Edmonton post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2021, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Canada
14,735 posts, read 15,129,346 times
Reputation: 34882
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnCloseInspection View Post
I guess you missed the part about having hard evidence that the employer lied.

I guess you also missed the part where the union realized their violation of their duty to fairly represent me was going to be revealed to the arbitrator ... so they changed their tactic.

Believe it or not, rampant corruption does exist within unions and employers.
No, I didn't miss any of that, just as I didn't miss the other thread that you posted about corruption in the Edmonton forum on October 7th, 2020. Maybe you missed that I was the one who helped you out with a link in that thread when you first posted it?

I'm old and have been around the block several times, had my own run ins with the odd employer or union or two, so I'm probably even more aware than you are that sometimes corruption can exist within unions and employers. It's old news. But you sound as if this corruption is all shocking news to you that you didn't know about or care about until it somehow effected you personally.

But I only have your word for it that some unknown person (was it you?) was wrongfully terminated without you providing any evidence to back it up or any statement about WHAT was the reason given for said person being terminated. So as it stands now, this particular thread is all hearsay and you are asking how the terminated person can get even by publishing the names of all the people who are perceived to have wronged the terminated person, with no explanation about what the wronged person did to be terminated. I offered some commentary and opinions about possible consequences based on the little information you offered but you don't have to accept any of it if you don't want to. I'm fine with that, it's no skin off my nose.

I'd like to know what was the FULL reason given for the terminated person to be terminated. Just the reason, not all the back story and accusations about corruption of employers and unions.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2021, 04:30 PM
 
37 posts, read 24,377 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Absolutely, you can. Go ahead. No law pre-empts your doing so.

Of course, they can sue you for libel and defamation. People can always sue. If you can present evidence to prove your statements are true, the court will exonerate your public statements.

Of course, you'll be a lot poorer at that point...but you will have been able to publicize your situation.
Given I would have evidence, the lawsuit against me would pay for my costs to defend myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2021, 04:31 PM
 
37 posts, read 24,377 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I think you can say what you like but I think our poster ChevySpoons should answer that question. He's a lawyer, even, I think, in your province based on your Edmonton post.
Would love to have ChevySpoons input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2021, 04:35 PM
 
28,711 posts, read 18,883,586 times
Reputation: 31014
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnCloseInspection View Post
Given I would have evidence, the lawsuit against me would pay for my costs to defend myself.
So why haven't you gone to a lawyer and done it, instead of getting your legal advise from an Internet forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2021, 04:43 PM
 
37 posts, read 24,377 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
No, I didn't miss any of that, just as I didn't miss the other thread that you posted about corruption in the Edmonton forum on October 7th, 2020. Maybe you missed that I was the one who helped you out with a link in that thread when you first posted it?

I'm old and have been around the block several times, had my own run ins with the odd employer or union or two, so I'm probably even more aware than you are that sometimes corruption can exist within unions and employers. It's old news. But you sound as if this corruption is all shocking news to you that you didn't know about or care about until it somehow effected you personally.

But I only have your word for it that some unknown person (was it you?) was wrongfully terminated without you providing any evidence to back it up or any statement about WHAT was the reason given for said person being terminated. So as it stands now, this particular thread is all hearsay and you are asking how the terminated person can get even by publishing the names of all the people who are perceived to have wronged the terminated person, with no explanation about what the wronged person did to be terminated. I offered some commentary and opinions about possible consequences based on the little information you offered but you don't have to accept any of it if you don't want to. I'm fine with that, it's no skin off my nose.

I'd like to know what was the FULL reason given for the terminated person to be terminated. Just the reason, not all the back story and accusations about corruption of employers and unions.

.
LOL
Zoisite, you write more than you need to and you shouldn't make assumptions about me and what I know.

Of course this is just hearsay for now.
I don't need to prove if I'm right to anyone here.
I just want to know about privacy laws that would prevent someone from publicizing the truth.

As for your advice?
Your advice stinks.
You tell me to just go ahead and see if I get sued? Well that's stupid.
Best to know the laws before breaking any. (You know, "ignorance of the law is no excuse")

I would think that the term "wrongfully terminated" would be enough for you.
But you want the employers' FULL reason for terminating me.
Well I wanted to have the FULL reason too.
Instead they fired me using a rule that didn't exist.
It could have been any reason in the world BUT the point is the employer's FULL reason, the rule they used DID NOT EXIST!
Happy now Zoisite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top