Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 07:37 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times

Advertisements

Boy; this election is shaping up to be an interesting race indeed.

Trudeau isn't having a very good time of it and I bet he's been told by more than one senior cabinet minister - "you really screwed the pooch by calling a snap election thinking you might gain a majority."

Love to be a fly on the wall in his strategy meetings.

He might want to have these guys on speed dial: https://request.servicemasterrestore...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2021, 09:50 AM

3,450 posts, read 2,775,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Let's wait and see if we might see a big surprise coming out of nowhere like in 2011 where no one expected the Bloc Quebecois to collapse and the "Orange Crush" ("vague orange" in French) lead by Jack Layton.

It's already 10 years ago then Jack Layton passed away...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wka6CHhKJj4
If Layton was elected PM would Canada be very different than it is today?

Old 08-28-2021, 10:07 AM

2,869 posts, read 5,135,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
If Layton was elected PM would Canada be very different than it is today?
It certainly would, if only because Canada would have needed to be a very different country to give a plurality of ridings to the NDP. The orange wave filled the gap left by the Bloc but that’s about it.

Old 08-28-2021, 08:24 PM

318 posts, read 176,716 times
I became a major NDP supporter with Jack Layton. Joined my university's NDP Club (the same place Tommy Douglas attended college) and was incredibly sad and disappointed when Layton passed away. Oh what could have been...I eventually warmed to Mulcair. I tried to give Jagmeet Singh a chance but with every speech I heard, my dislike of him grew. I finally quit the NDP and joinee Wexit Party which is now called the Maverick Party which has really developed in the last year since Jay Hill, a Reform/Conservative alum, took over the helm last year in June www.maverickparty.ca

Old 08-28-2021, 10:28 PM

3,450 posts, read 2,775,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateNortherner View Post
I became a major NDP supporter with Jack Layton. Joined my university's NDP Club (the same place Tommy Douglas attended college) and was incredibly sad and disappointed when Layton passed away. Oh what could have been...I eventually warmed to Mulcair. I tried to give Jagmeet Singh a chance but with every speech I heard, my dislike of him grew. I finally quit the NDP and joinee Wexit Party which is now called the Maverick Party which has really developed in the last year since Jay Hill, a Reform/Conservative alum, took over the helm last year in June www.maverickparty.ca
Aren’t the NDP and Mavericks on opposite ends of the political spectrum?

Old 09-01-2021, 11:48 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Some idiot from the peoples party came to my door the other night while I was eating dinner. No masks or anything. She was collecting sigantures for something. I find it quite sad anyone would actually support this party. Good thing they don't have much support anywhere.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:30 PM

676 posts, read 647,413 times
^You'd probably find the largest concentration of support in those anti-vax protests yesterday

Old 09-02-2021, 05:50 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,375,112 times
Default That's acutally Federally mandated anyway.........no matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Here's my thought as non-Canadian staying in a rural part of Ontario: Someone on the radio today said the Conservatives are promising high-speed Internet through all of Canada by 2025. Vote for them. PLEASE.
Since it's a "utility" it's been mandated and the "on you" is on the providers: Rogers, Shaw, Telus, Bell, et all. Example: Canoe, BC a burb of Salmon Arm got high speed five years ago when I lived there. Where I am now we're still waiting.......while the Rogers YACHT gets longer........it's already a govt. mandate. call your current MP not matter the party, and all parties are basically on board on this. It's on the providers. They should be called BUT these are PROVINCIAL consumer issues, NOT FEDERAL. (iN THE USA they'd be dragged in front of CONGRESS and get their ass kicked>different country, different process.

Old 09-05-2021, 06:34 AM

5,102 posts, read 2,047,728 times
Cartoonist Ygreck posted this funny Justin cartoon in French where Justin said to a kid you'll pay and so your children and your grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
https://www.journaldequebec.com/2021...cature-dygreck

Old 09-06-2021, 02:12 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,070,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
We always need to keep in mind the single greatest motivator for the U.S. going to war is now the huge Military Industrial Complex and it's congress critter share holders.
Which is why we have no business being in NATO any longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada