Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2022, 05:49 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times

Advertisements

Some residents are getting fed up.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...ruck-1.6335139
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 06:25 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post

I think this is the event that allows the rest of the world to see that Canadians are really stupid.

..... snip .....

It seems like the organizers and protesters really have not thought this through.
I think that first line should say SOME Canadians are stupid and not imply that all Canadians are stupid. You're right that the organizers and protesters did not think it through.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:40 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,722 times
I didn’t want to say anything on this topic, but I just gotta add…

This damned convoy….

3/4 of Canadians have rolled up their sleeves for the jab and gotten on with it the best we can. And that is true - that we are getting on with it the best we can, and things are bad right now in many ways. But a government conspiracy involving various nation states engaging in nefarious acts in concert with pharmaceutical companies to force billions of untested, even dangerous, doses of vaccine on the public… That **** is not happening.

Could someone tell the convoy and its supporters that there are real, important issues that need to be addressed by Canadians. Things like:

The declining birth rate
The soaring cost of living in Canada’s urban centers
The stagnation of wages across the country
The massive wealth gap between the nation’s lower, middle, and wealthy socioeconomic classes
The opioid epidemic causing death every single day
Increasing housing and food insecurity, especially in urban areas
Massive amounts of psychotropic drug prescriptions to help depressed, anxious, and lonely Canadians
An economy that still is essentially driven by resource extraction
Climate change’s effects on our coastal areas and sea ice in the “Northwest Passage”

I could list a lot more things affecting average Canadians far more than vaccine mandates and masks.

Maybe these people should just get their shots (unless they are allergic or otherwise medically unable) and join the rest of us, trying to survive from day to day.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:46 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Reporting Live from The Ram Ranch: https://twitter.com/Noellenarwhal/st...23606288125962

More on main page: https://twitter.com/Noellenarwhal

Last edited by cdnirene; 02-01-2022 at 07:06 PM..

Old 02-01-2022, 07:04 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
I didn’t want to say anything on this topic, but I just gotta add…

This damned convoy….

3/4 of Canadians have rolled up their sleeves for the jab and gotten on with it the best we can. And that is true - that we are getting on with it the best we can, and things are bad right now in many ways. But a government conspiracy involving various nation states engaging in nefarious acts in concert with pharmaceutical companies to force billions of untested, even dangerous, doses of vaccine on the public… That **** is not happening.

Could someone tell the convoy and its supporters that there are real, important issues that need to be addressed by Canadians. Things like:

The declining birth rate
The soaring cost of living in Canada’s urban centers
The stagnation of wages across the country
The massive wealth gap between the nation’s lower, middle, and wealthy socioeconomic classes
The opioid epidemic causing death every single day
Increasing housing and food insecurity, especially in urban areas
Massive amounts of psychotropic drug prescriptions to help depressed, anxious, and lonely Canadians
An economy that still is essentially driven by resource extraction
Climate change’s effects on our coastal areas and sea ice in the “Northwest Passage”

I could list a lot more things affecting average Canadians far more than vaccine mandates and masks.

Maybe these people should just get their shots (unless they are allergic or otherwise medically unable) and join the rest of us, trying to survive from day to day.
But, but, but... this is the era of "personal truth!" Alternative facts! Me, me, me. I, I, I. Everyone has rights, no one has responsibilities. And the more bizarre a conspiracy theory is, the more likely they are to believe it.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:16 PM

35 posts, read 28,904 times
I am so proud of Canada for the freedom convoy! Sending you all lot’s of love and support from Maryland!

Old 02-01-2022, 08:27 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
If you don’t listen too closely, it sounds like these folks are chanting “USA”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjwOUPIHxT8&t=7s
Sounds like liberty in French.

Old 02-01-2022, 08:32 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkvelvet87 View Post
I am so proud of Canada for the freedom convoy! Sending you all lot’s of love and support from Maryland!
Yup...glad to see the spirit of freedom is alive in spite of Trudeau. Looks like the people of Canada are reminding their government of the fact that they are a free country. This is the way it should be. Those protests are HUGE. There is no hiding the fact that a lot of Canadian people are on the side of freedom.

Old 02-01-2022, 08:34 PM

428 posts, read 450,861 times
Great job everyone! A couple of my military buddies are in this, and really make a good point! Proud to be Canadian for the first time in a long time! Thanks/merci to you all!

Old 02-01-2022, 08:37 PM

428 posts, read 450,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
But, but, but... this is the era of "personal truth!" Alternative facts! Me, me, me. I, I, I. Everyone has rights, no one has responsibilities. And the more bizarre a conspiracy theory is, the more likely they are to believe it.
Uh ...."Personal truth" and all the other nonsense is literally what is espoused by the Liberal government. "21 genders" anyone? Bill c16 anyone? Give me a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada