Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2022, 05:09 PM

9,429 posts, read 10,700,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I think that's mostly in reference to the far-right support that it's getting from the American far-right media and talking heads and social media in USA which takes this sort of thing to a whole different level of extreme. I've been reading about it on some other right-wing American forums and they can barely contain themselves. Those folks are so excited and worked up about it they're just drooling over it and practically peeing in their pants. You'd think they were witnessing the new coming of Jesus and the Rapture the way they're carrying on.

Additionally, many of the trucks/drivers in the convoy are American truckers that crossed the border into Canada before January 22nd to join the convoy, so they are getting support from the states too.

But you're right, it is similar to the same type of anti-science, anti-everything extreme right-wing BS that's been sweeping the US.

Yes I know we muricans are right wing nutters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2022, 05:15 PM

77 posts, read 34,549 times
Quote:
That's silly. Why indeed should something like that matter to russians?

i mean in usa you always have a shepard/leaders who will lead the sheep in loosing battle because they are paid by elites. i mean anti work has shepart/tranny who was paid to act stupid and have no idea what he wants or even worse wants to get paid and work little.
jan 6 riot you have shaman leader also whp has no idea what to do but he was paid to be like that so people watching on tv would be like these guys are idiots and have agenda.
this canada freedom is different people just come together with same goal 3 million+ strong with no leader but common sense and common problems and are marching

Old 01-29-2022, 05:18 PM

7,639 posts, read 5,410,687 times
Reactions by Ottawa residents

Example:
Quote:
All they had to do was not get hammered by noon, not **** and **** all over the place publicly, not deface a statue of Canada's most beloved hero, not dance drunkenly on the tomb of the unknown soldier, not walk down Elgin holding a case of beer doing a nazi salute, not march around with confederate and nazi flags... then, maybe then they could feel like they'd exercised their right to protest responsibly.

They failed.
Edited to add: the words hidden by C-D’s profanity filter answer Zoisite’s question about porta potties. If there are any, they are clearly not enough.

Old 01-29-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
I think that's mostly in reference to the far-right support that it's getting from the American far-right media and talking heads and social media in USA which takes this sort of thing to a whole different level of extreme. I've been reading about it on some other right-wing American forums and they can barely contain themselves. Those folks are so excited and worked up about it they're just drooling over it and practically peeing in their pants. You'd think they were witnessing the new coming of Jesus and the Rapture the way they're carrying on.

Additionally, many of the trucks/drivers in the convoy are American truckers that crossed the border into Canada before January 22nd to join the convoy, so they are getting support from the states too.

But you're right, it is similar to the same type of anti-science, anti-everything extreme right-wing BS that's been sweeping the US.

I’m gonna try this again. Most of my response to this in my last post did not end up in post.

Yes we Muricans are right wing nutters.....LOL We value personal liberties. We don’t like others telling us to wear masks, lockdown and take unwanted vaccines. I also dispute the idea that “science” is on the side of the left. Masks have been proven to have little effect, lockdowns failed to do anything to control this virus and the vaccines may have worked against the original virus but have little effect upon omicron. Of course an extreme lockdown can work in China but who wants to live like that.

Thankfully here in Murica our Supreme Court stopped a vaccine mandate. Half our states have also banned ronna restrictions so we can live our lives without masks and lockdowns. We right wing nutters like doing things our way..... the free way.

Also it’s true that here in Murica we do support the big protest in Canada. It seems some of your own countrymen do not agree with what is going on up there. Down here we always have believed our hockey loving Labatts drinking northern friends to be part of the free world. Yes we right wing nutters in Murica are rooting for freedom to prevail in Canada.....you can count on that.

Old 01-29-2022, 05:44 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,297,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I’m gonna try this again. Most of my response to this in my last post did not end up in post.

Yes we Muricans are right wing nutters.....LOL We value personal liberties. We don’t like others telling us to wear masks, lockdown and take unwanted vaccines. I also dispute the idea that “science” is on the side of the left. Masks have been proven to have little effect, lockdowns failed to do anything to control this virus and the vaccines may have worked against the original virus but have little effect upon omicron. Of course an extreme lockdown can work in China but who wants to live like that.

Thankfully here in Murica our Supreme Court stopped a vaccine mandate. Half our states have also banned ronna restrictions so we can live our lives without masks and lockdowns. We right wing nutters like doing things our way..... the free way.

Also it’s true that here in Murica we do support the big protest in Canada. It seems some of your own countrymen do not agree with what is going on up there. Down here we always have believed our hockey loving Labatts drinking northern friends to be part of the free world. Yes we right wing nutters in Murica are rooting for freedom to prevail in Canada.....you can count on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu-bBxA-eKc

Old 01-29-2022, 06:01 PM

40,920 posts, read 48,822,759 times
LOL now they are blaming the Russians for the big Convoy,

Old 01-29-2022, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Yes you can dismiss what I say all while finding yourself amusingly funny. What you cannot dismiss is the fact people around the world are rising up against the covidians and their demands for restrictions. People have had it with this. It will be coming to an end in Canada just as it is or will be in most places. In free countries around the world the left wing will face repercussions in elections as they are held accountable for the social and economic damage they have done. The covidians have earned the anger of the people everywhere.

Old 01-29-2022, 06:50 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,297,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Yes you can dismiss what I say all while finding yourself amusingly funny. What you cannot dismiss is the fact people around the world are rising up against the covidians and their demands for restrictions. People have had it with this. It will be coming to an end in Canada just as it is or will be in most places. In free countries around the world the left wing will face repercussions in elections as they are held accountable for the social and economic damage they have done. The covidians have earned the anger of the people everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naf5uJYGoiU

Old 01-29-2022, 10:34 PM

5,679 posts, read 5,930,532 times
My impression is that there is a fairly strong anti-globalist contingent within the movement, as well as a religious contingent, but not a racist contingent. There seems to be a noteworthy element of First Nations support since they don't like the government telling them what to do.

Old 01-29-2022, 10:39 PM

5,679 posts, read 5,930,532 times
Quote:
I don't believe Quebec could have just begun pushing for it since the number of Quebec's 3rd shots are already ahead of or running neck and neck with so many other provinces. Look at the numbers on the tracker I posted for you. So considering the larger population of Quebec I think Quebec must have started the boosters before most other provinces did.

In my province people started getting boosters 4 months ago, I got my booster 3 months ago. I don't intend on getting a 4th shot though.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-t...oner-1.5737464
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada