U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-28-2022, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Canada
6,729 posts, read 8,055,662 times
Reputation: 9398

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I shook my my head in astonishment when I read this earlier today:


https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...est-government

Delusional.
I guess people dumb enough not to get vaccinated are also dumb enough to believe that it's all Trudeau behind this, without realising the Americans are also not allowing unvaccinated trucks.

Yesterday I had a hair appointment. My hairdresser works out of a garage remodeled into a 2 chair shop with another hairdresser. So it felt safer to me than a bigger salon because I was usually the only customer in it.

Well, yesterday there was the other hairdresser with a male client talking about the truck convoy. I tried to ignore the conversation but she was a loud talker and the acoustics were such that I couldn't have a conversation with my own hairdresser. It was all anti vax talk and she said her kids were not "snowflakes" so if they were sick she sent them to school anyway and if the teachers had an issue with it they could call her. Blah, blah, blah. Her customer was not wearing a mask. I was wondering how I could get out of there with half my head in foils.

Then client number 2 comes in and she and the hairdresser both are not wearing masks. The conversation gets more unrealistic - like who knows 3 or 4 friends of friends who got very sick from the vaccine? And the customer claims among other things that a friend was assaulted with disinfectant spray by a Walmart greeter when she refused to wear a mask. Highly unlikely.

The hairdresser proclaims it's illegal to ask for vaccine passports at which point I had been sitting in silence for 2 1/2 hours and I said that's not true. Her head swivels around, "Yes, it is."

Me: "No, it's not."

She: "What about Trudeau?"

Me: "What about Trudeau?"

She: "What about what Trudeau said a while ago thar he would support any business that asked for vaccine passports?"

Me: raised an eyebrow.

It was torture listening to it and now that I know the disrespect in which they hold their clients, I'm going to have to find a new hairdresser.

I'd fire the truckers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-28-2022, 05:51 PM
 
78 posts, read 25,257 times
Reputation: 88
guys that are doing it are good heroes. govt in last 30 years in whole world since ww2 are not working for people but them selfs and corporations. nothing they do help regular person but corporation and them selfs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2022, 07:41 PM
 
4,324 posts, read 1,393,682 times
Reputation: 1735
Some guys have lots of fun on Twitter about the convoy and Ti-Pet Trudeau.
https://twitter.com/QuoteTheRaven16/...79768013340677
https://twitter.com/flegcartoon/stat...03608981561347

And vlogger Styxhexenhammer666 bitchuted about Justin Trudeau.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/5ZJJFmSUFihN/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2022, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Canada
6,294 posts, read 4,152,555 times
Reputation: 7558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Some guys have lots of fun on Twitter about the convoy and Ti-Pet Trudeau.
https://twitter.com/QuoteTheRaven16/...79768013340677
https://twitter.com/flegcartoon/stat...03608981561347

And vlogger Styxhexenhammer666 bitchuted about Justin Trudeau.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/5ZJJFmSUFihN/
One of Trudeau’s children tested positive. That’s why he’s in isolation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2022, 08:42 PM
 
4,324 posts, read 1,393,682 times
Reputation: 1735
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
One of Trudeau’s children tested positive. That’s why he’s in isolation.
I wonder why he didn't tell it sooner?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2022, 12:10 AM
 
Location: Canada
6,729 posts, read 8,055,662 times
Reputation: 9398
Quote:
Originally Posted by starigrad View Post
guys that are doing it are good heroes. govt in last 30 years in whole world since ww2 are not working for people but them selfs and corporations. nothing they do help regular person but corporation and them selfs.
It's also way past time we starting using the word "hero" appropriately. Besides the fact that we're all heros every time we get out of bed when we'd rather not, just what is heroic about truck drivers doing what truck drivers do? Pandemic or no pandemic, they'd be driving trucks along the same routes. On this convoy they're not even paying for their own gas!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2022, 12:40 AM
 
205 posts, read 98,304 times
Reputation: 363
Wow, I can't believe all of the above opinions. It's so strange because all I hear all the time is people who want to get rid of the masks and mandates. I can't believe how you all think. I am personally 100% against the masks and mandates. I do listen to the science and that's why I am not Covid19-vaxxed nor will I ever be. I'm hoping this convoy yields results although I doubt it will cause the Liberal government to change its mind. I have, however, noticed a perceptible change in the Western premiers and see the wind changing. I think there very much is a regional divide on the Covid-19 issue and it's growing my the minute.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2022, 01:02 AM
 
Location: Canada
6,729 posts, read 8,055,662 times
Reputation: 9398
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateNortherner View Post
Wow, I can't believe all of the above opinions. It's so strange because all I hear all the time is people who want to get rid of the masks and mandates. I can't believe how you all think. I am personally 100% against the masks and mandates. I do listen to the science and that's why I am not Covid19-vaxxed nor will I ever be. I'm hoping this convoy yields results although I doubt it will cause the Liberal government to change its mind. I have, however, noticed a perceptible change in the Western premiers and see the wind changing. I think there very much is a regional divide on the Covid-19 issue and it's growing my the minute.
Well, you DON'T listen to the science and shouldn't pretend you do.

2) it's not the Liberal government that needs to change its mind - it's the AMERICAN government and they aren't going to. And if you think Trudeau somehow MADE the American government mandate vaccines, you need to give yourself a good slap across the head. The American government doesn't do anything the American government doesn't want you do. The gorilla sits wherever the gorilla wants to sit and the days of crossing almost every border without being vaccinated are PAST. It's not going to happen.

As far as regional divides are concerned, in this matter they also are not what you think https://www.ipsos.com/en-ca/news-pol...ation-mandates
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2022, 03:33 AM
 
Location: Alberta, Canada
3,178 posts, read 2,590,965 times
Reputation: 4507
It's easy: if you get yourself vaccinated, then we can dump the masks. It's just that easy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2022, 04:27 AM
 
Location: Alberta, Canada
3,178 posts, read 2,590,965 times
Reputation: 4507
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateNortherner View Post
I'm hoping this convoy yields results although I doubt it will cause the Liberal government to change its mind. I have, however, noticed a perceptible change in the Western premiers and see the wind changing. I think there very much is a regional divide on the Covid-19 issue and it's growing my the minute.
The federal Liberal government has little to do with it.

Oh, the federal Liberal government did mandate vaccines for cross-border truckers, because that's in its jurisdiction. And that gave rise to the cross-country convoy.

But that's as far as that goes. The federal government's mandate has nothing to do with showing a vaccine passport in order to get into a bar in Alberta, or Ontario, or Quebec, or anywhere else. Those mandates are on their respective provincial governments. So if you "see the wind changing" in the western provinces, then its because pressure is being put on Victoria, Edmonton, Regina, and Winnipeg. But as a westerner, I'm not seeing the pressure, nor the wind changing in those provinces any time soon, much as I'd like it to.

Thing is, the federal government does not control what Alberta or Manitoba does in this regard. Justin Trudeau could lift all federal restrictions tomorrow, and I'd still have to show my vaccine passport at the local sports bar here in Alberta.

Unless you are a cross-border trucker, I'd suggest that your beef is with your province, not Justin Trudeau's Liberal government in Ottawa. I'm not blaming you; but it seems to me that many Canadians do not realize that our Prime Minister is not in charge of everything, cannot order things that override provincial jurisdiction, and as a result, much is left to the provincial governments to sort out. Note that this is not a defense of Trudeau, but a stating of the facts as they relate to Canadian polity. In other words, the provinces are in charge when it comes to Covid, not the federal government. Unless you want to cross an international border.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top