Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 10:16 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,405,054 times

Advertisements

I've noticed, and I've been wondering that as well.

AJ, it's been the last month or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2023, 10:44 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
I checked. Brusan last posted on Dec 15. I checked to see if there was a Bash Canada thread in the POC forum locked on that day. There wasn’t. However, there was a Bash Canada thread active that day in that forum, about Assisted Suicide. The last undeleted post by Brusan in that thread was on the 13th.

My money is on that thread. Brusan kind of of made it his mission to challenge falsehoods about Canada posted regularly on Bash Canada threads in the POC forum with copious links to the facts. It made the American posters cranky.

Old 01-10-2023, 11:18 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I checked. Brusan last posted on Dec 15. I checked to see if there was a Bash Canada thread in the POC forum locked on that day. There wasn’t. However, there was a Bash Canada thread active that day in that forum, about Assisted Suicide. The last undeleted post by Brusan in that thread was on the 13th.

My money is on that thread. Brusan kind of of made it his mission to challenge falsehoods about Canada posted regularly on Bash Canada threads in the POC forum with copious links to the facts. It made the American posters cranky.
Yes those threads were so full of misinformation put forward by people who didn't want a discussion but just to bash Canada, again.

Hopefully BruSan comes back in another form that's " form " not " forum "

I liked his spirit!

Old 01-10-2023, 12:29 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,929,086 times
His last posts were in the Politics and Other Controversies forum. I always assumed that's the place most likely to get banned.

It has happened many times before: long time posters with a good posting history getting banned all of a sudden with no way to appeal. Forums are dying out anyway in general, they should be happy with any loyal member still making a contribution. It just doesn't make sense. CD too is just a shadow of what it used to be a decade ago.

It is getting empty and boring here. So many good people we lost: BruSan, Magnatomicflux, newdixiegirl, hobbesdj, steeps/DavePa, Weltschmerz, MS313 and many more. I never would have thought I'd outlive them all .

Old 01-10-2023, 01:16 PM

7,306 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Oh no!

Just as well that I've rarely wandered to that forum.

I guess no one is in touch with him offline?

Old 01-10-2023, 01:18 PM

7,306 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
His last posts were in the Politics and Other Controversies forum. I always assumed that's the place most likely to get banned.

It has happened many times before: long time posters with a good posting history getting banned all of a sudden with no way to appeal. Forums are dying out anyway in general, they should be happy with any loyal member still making a contribution. It just doesn't make sense. CD too is just a shadow of what it used to be a decade ago.

It is getting empty and boring here. So many good people we lost: BruSan, Magnatomicflux, newdixiegirl, hobbesdj, steeps/DavePa, Weltschmerz, MS313 and many more.
I never would have thought I'd outlive them all .
I'm amazed too, drro.

Old 01-10-2023, 02:33 PM

219 posts, read 160,900 times
I know one place where Weltz is but the last person who wandered over there wasn’t treated very patiently in my opinion. They jumped into posting without getting the lay of the land and it didn’t go well. I felt bad for them and embarrassed by that board. Things were just too different.

I don’t post often on any of the boards/forums I belong to but I’ve mostly given up on this one. They don’t want to learn anything and if you respond to hyperbole or insults with hyperbole or insults or even uncomfortable truths, you seem to be labelled as trolling and the post is deleted. It isn’t worth the aggravation. It has been plainly stated that Canadians are only tolerated so we can answer Americans questions about Canada in the Canada forum, not correct their misinformation.

One thing that seems to be common to all boards/forums is that a core group of people do the majority of the posting. When they get too cliquey about whatever their mutual interest is, the “other” people drift away. It doesn’t matter if it’s finances or politics or gardening.

My personal observation about Canadian Forums is that Canadians are less likely to respond with their opinions so a thread on whether you should let your daughter have sleepovers at friends houses just because you let your sons will go for 5-20 pages on an American forum and barely make 2 pages on a Canadian forum. The exception being when 2 or 3 people really dislike each other and will snipe back and forth until something more interesting comes along or their lunch break is over.

Old 01-10-2023, 05:14 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
I hope he’s doing alright. BruSan has always had insightful things to say.

What happened to UrbanLuis? He was also very active in the past.

Old 01-10-2023, 05:46 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post

It is getting empty and boring here. So many good people we lost: BruSan, Magnatomicflux, newdixiegirl, hobbesdj, steeps/DavePa, Weltschmerz, MS313 and many more. I never would have thought I'd outlive them all .
I was away from C/D for a few years and to what you said, i've definitely noticed a difference. I'm not going to go further but well - just a different vibe that may not be as conducive to 'fun' - it's not vibin like it used too!

As for Bru - i'd really like to see him on again. Be a big loss for C/D Canada if he were not coming back. Hopefully he's just laying on a beach taking a break from all the drama sipping on some pina's....

I miss Botticelli as well. I know he was sick so I fear the worst, but he was a firecracker and button pusher - fun for sure. I met him in real life and let's just say he was almost the polar opposite of his persona here - more subdued but very intelligent, kind and a real gentleman.

Last edited by fusion2; 01-10-2023 at 06:11 PM..

Old 01-10-2023, 08:03 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post

I missed some posts - maybe couldn't believe what I was reading.. It's clear to me now. Just sucks and gonna miss him. I'm just going to stay out of that part of C/D. It's lunacy anyway - although I have to admit it got the juices flowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Yes those threads were so full of misinformation put forward by people who didn't want a discussion but just to bash Canada, again.
There are those who want you to tell it like it is and those that want you to tell them what they want to hear

Last edited by fusion2; 01-10-2023 at 09:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada