U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2022, 02:03 PM

6,728 posts, read 8,053,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The time in recent memory that America's immigration policy got dissed for being racist is when immigration from Muslim countries got stopped.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execut...onald%20Trump.

So, perhaps that's what's behind the 'racism' accusation.
I agree. And then there was the border wall and children separated from parents. There were Canadians calling American policies racist. To be fair, Donald Trump was quite open about it.

But, FYI, I also think Canada's point system is nothing to brag about. A lot of what 509 said was true.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 02:04 PM

5,269 posts, read 5,790,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepretata View Post

.............Also, please stop pretending the gun deaths in the US can in any way be compared to Canada, everyone knows both countries are like night and day when it comes to violence.
That was my point.

Canada does NOT allow poor, uneducated people into their country.

The US crime wave is NOT from those people, BUT THEIR CHILDREN, who are still poor and uneducated.

Just saw that the US has 40 million foreign born living in the US. That is MORE than the entire population of Canada. Their children are way above the replacement level of TWO POINT ONE.

And it is their children that are responsible for the US crime wave today.

Old 06-02-2022, 02:07 PM

200 posts, read 88,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I agree. And then there was the border wall and children separated from parents. There were Canadians calling American policies racist. To be fair, Donald Trump was quite open about it.

But, FYI, I also think Canada's point system is nothing to brag about. A lot of what 509 said was true.
I agree!

Old 06-02-2022, 02:08 PM

6,728 posts, read 8,053,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I believe that Harper was only willing to accept Christian Syrian refugees. So maybe it is mor a right versus modeate reason for racism?
I think part of it is how you word it - Trump was blatantly racist. The Conservatives were more "civil" in their words. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle26746945/

Old 06-02-2022, 04:18 PM

22,746 posts, read 13,820,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
That was my point.

The US crime wave is NOT from those people, BUT THEIR CHILDREN, who are still poor and uneducated.

Just saw that the US has 40 million foreign born living in the US. That is MORE than the entire population of Canada. Their children are way above the replacement level of TWO POINT ONE.

And it is their children that are responsible for the US crime wave today.
I would like to remind you of this little factoid:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/07/18/the-most-and-least-culturally-diverse-countries-in-the-world/#:~:text=The%20only%20western%20country%20to,the%2 0world's%20least%20diverse%20countries.

"The only western country to break into the top 20 most diverse is Canada. The United States ranks near the middle, slightly more diverse than Russia but slightly less diverse than Spain."

And this one that should serve to put a stopper in your spout.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ssing-the-u-s/

"In 2018, nearly half (47%) of the world’s resettled refugees were from Middle Eastern countries, while almost one-third (32%) were from Africa. People from Middle Eastern countries – mostly Syria and Iraq – accounted for 49% of resettled refugees in Australia, 55% in Canada and 85% in the UK. By contrast, fewer than 1% of refugees resettled in the U.S. in 2018 were from the Middle East, in part due to shifting regional caps. Most resettled refugees in the U.S. were from countries in Africa (51%) or Asia (27%)."

I suppose all those refugees arrived in Canada with bundles of cash and engineering degrees.

In response to your rather bigoted assessment of who is causing all the crime in America - ooopsy!

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2014704117

"We find that undocumented immigrants have substantially lower crime rates than native-born citizens and legal immigrants across a range of felony offenses. Relative to undocumented immigrants, US-born citizens are over 2 times more likely to be arrested for violent crimes, 2.5 times more likely to be arrested for drug crimes, and over 4 times more likely to be arrested for property crimes."

Whoah nelly: "US-born citizens are over 2 times more likely to be arrested for violent crimes, 2.5 times more likely to be arrested for drug crimes, and over 4 times more likely to be arrested for property crimes."

Old 06-02-2022, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I would like to remind you of this little factoid:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/07/18/the-most-and-least-culturally-diverse-countries-in-the-world/#:~:text=The%20only%20western%20country%20to,the%2 0world's%20least%20diverse%20countries.

"The only western country to break into the top 20 most diverse is Canada. The United States ranks near the middle, slightly more diverse than Russia but slightly less diverse than Spain."

And this one that should serve to put a stopper in your spout.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ssing-the-u-s/

"In 2018, nearly half (47%) of the world’s resettled refugees were from Middle Eastern countries, while almost one-third (32%) were from Africa. People from Middle Eastern countries – mostly Syria and Iraq – accounted for 49% of resettled refugees in Australia, 55% in Canada and 85% in the UK. By contrast, fewer than 1% of refugees resettled in the U.S. in 2018 were from the Middle East, in part due to shifting regional caps. Most resettled refugees in the U.S. were from countries in Africa (51%) or Asia (27%)."

I suppose all those refugees arrived in Canada with bundles of cash and engineering degrees.

In response to your rather bigoted assessment of who is causing all the crime in America - ooopsy!

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2014704117

"We find that undocumented immigrants have substantially lower crime rates than native-born citizens and legal immigrants across a range of felony offenses. Relative to undocumented immigrants, US-born citizens are over 2 times more likely to be arrested for violent crimes, 2.5 times more likely to be arrested for drug crimes, and over 4 times more likely to be arrested for property crimes."

Whoah nelly: "US-born citizens are over 2 times more likely to be arrested for violent crimes, 2.5 times more likely to be arrested for drug crimes, and over 4 times more likely to be arrested for property crimes."

English is my fourth language, but I really don't understand how you can NOT comprehend what I am writing.

"The only western country to break into the top 20 most diverse is Canada.

Canada is diverse, EXCEPT for POOR PEOPLE. You cannot get into Canada unless you are young, educated or wealthy.

The US accepts poor people as immigrants...both legally and illegally. Canada does NOT.

"US-born citizens are over 2 times more likely to be arrested for violent crimes, 2.5 times more likely to be arrested for drug crimes, and over 4 times more likely to be arrested for property crimes."

I NEVER said immigrants were responsible for the US crime wave. I said THEIR CHILDREN were. Their children are US CITIZENS by the 14th Amendment.

Here is the Washington State Patrol most wanted list.

https://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/wsp-most-wanted/

Bet you 90% of those folks are American citizens by birth. BTW...Washington state is one of least diverse states in America.

Old 06-02-2022, 07:45 PM

2,487 posts, read 1,409,012 times
What does “diversity” mean anyway?

Old 06-02-2022, 08:24 PM

6,287 posts, read 4,147,699 times
Quote:
That was my point.

*snip*
Canada took in 74,000 Syrian refugees between 2015-2020. Almost all of them had been living in refugee camps for years. Rich people don’t live in refugee camps for years.

Old 06-02-2022, 09:02 PM

Take the test...see if you are eligible for immigration to Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...stem/grid.html

Old 06-02-2022, 09:12 PM

9,199 posts, read 3,675,463 times
Quote:
from your Prime Minister

Trudeau first invited the world’s immigrants after President Trump announced his initial “travel ban” from specific, troubled-nations.

“To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you,” he tweeted.

The Prime Minister now seeks to change the original law, requiring those seeking asylum in Canada to “first” register with their nation of origin; in this case the United States.

WAIT, is that not the same as former President Trump's policies on asylum??

Canada is blessed by being a homogeneous country that limits immigration from poor, uneducated people throughout the world.
In fact, I was a legal immigrant to Canada and the government recinded my legal status now that I am an OLD person. If you want to immigrate to Canada, better not be poor, uneducated or old.

I did look up the statistics for gun deaths in the US from CDC.

About 66% were suicides. You can kill yourself in Canada and the government will help you do it, but you can't use a gun and do it yourself. Very Canadian.

Another 12% primarily black on black shooting deaths.

Another 8% primarily brown on brown shooting deaths.

Another 2% primarily Indian shooting deaths.

Anyway, when you get to the ethnic and racial make up of Canada and use it for gun deaths in the US, the statistics are pretty much identical.

Gun deaths in the US, outside of suicides, are an issue in primarily three cultural groups.

BTW, the challenges the US faces in Indian communities is the same as those faced in Canada. I drove 100 miles in the Yukon just to find a campsite away from an Indian community. It wasn't safe.

Gun deaths are a cultural issue. It isn't about the gun, it is about the culture of the group.

But with the WOKE culture, we cannot bring that issue up for discussion.

But I have to give Canada credit, you limit the immigration of the poor that is responsible for much of the gun deaths in the US.
You are making up statements that not only are nonsense but shows a strong right wing bias.

Where do you get the statement that you cannot commit suicide by gun in Canada? I have know people who have donebjust that. And doctor assisted suicide is a sign of a compasionate society. No country gets to decide the educated status of illegal immigrants? And with the right wing crowd guns cannot even be mentioned in a discussion about gun deaths.
You have totally ignored refugees and makecclaims about the children f US immigrants. Canada too has msny low educated second generation citizens, example the boat people not know for being wealthy and from Hati, anorher less than wealthy country.

Yoy have excluded all black in black, brown on brown and I guess First Nations on First Nations murders in Canada for no apparent readon but thefact remains the murder ratevoer capita iscaboutvthree times higher in the States than in Canada and you refuse to accept that the greater number of guns can have anything to do with it.
You claim 22% of murders in the States is onevracevupin themselves butbthen you come out and claim that the US had 4.96 murders per hundred thousand but to bevthe same rate as here the rate not couunting those races is only 1.96 in other words those three races have a huge murder rate probably closer to fives the rate for the country. I would love to see your sources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada