U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-05-2022, 09:14 AM
 
22,747 posts, read 13,820,097 times
Reputation: 16813

Advertisements

Well, as if Dougie's previous debacle over those elder care homes not being inspected due to budget cuts and the resultant higher death count from Covid not sending a bolt of lightning up his butt; now we have this scandalous example of similar situation directly related to his terrible choosing of his priorities:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8955604/o...led-paychecks/

Disgusting stuff but apparently nothing new.

Previously ignored warning shots:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...oup-homes.html

Just more of the same old stuff whereby those agencies in charge of providing oversight of the running of these programs sitting on their hands allowing the rampant syphoning of tax payer money out to support some other private endeavour to line the contractor's pockets.

Where are the likes of Eddie Greenspan, who has shown no reticence is taking up a case for those he thinks might have not been treated by the exact letter of the law? He, or someone like him, could make it public he's bringing a class action suite on behalf of the families of these kids against the private contractors and their governmental benefactor agencies.

Now, wouldn't that be something to see?

Last edited by BruSan; 07-05-2022 at 09:25 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-05-2022, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Toronto
13,330 posts, read 13,544,469 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well, as if Dougie's previous debacle over those elder care homes not being inspected due to budget cuts and the resultant higher death count from Covid not sending a bolt of lightning up his butt; now we have this scandalous example of similar situation directly related to his terrible choosing of his priorities:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8955604/o...led-paychecks/

Disgusting stuff but apparently nothing new.

Previously ignored warning shots:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...oup-homes.html

Just more of the same old stuff whereby those agencies in charge of providing oversight of the running of these programs sitting on their hands allowing the rampant syphoning of tax payer money out to support some other private endeavour to line the contractor's pockets.

Where are the likes of Eddie Greenspan, who has shown no reticence is taking up a case for those he thinks might have not been treated by the exact letter of the law? He, or someone like him, could make it public he's bringing a class action suite on behalf of the families of these kids against the private contractors and their governmental benefactor agencies.

Now, wouldn't that be something to see?
Yeah i'm no fan of Doug Ford whatsoever. He is a talker and puts friends and family in Cabinet and plum positions regardless of competency. He reminds me of an old school crooked mobster type - just as a Politician. Goes to show with the whole Rob Ford scandals, that Doug Ford was always lurking around connected to it that people have short memories and are very forgiving...

Btw Bru - Eddie Greenspan passed away in 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Greenspan
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2022, 10:08 AM
 
22,747 posts, read 13,820,097 times
Reputation: 16813
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Yeah i'm no fan of Doug Ford whatsoever. He is a talker and puts friends and family in Cabinet and plum positions regardless of competency. He reminds me of an old school crooked mobster type - just as a Politician. Goes to show with the whole Rob Ford scandals, that Doug Ford was always lurking around connected to it that people have short memories and are very forgiving...

Btw Bru - Eddie Greenspan passed away in 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Greenspan
Haaar! It would have been so easy to write my missive including the caveat of "a lawyer like Eddie Greenspan" but, once again; I tripped over my own shoelaces. No small feat, while now wearing those velcro strapped sandals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2022, 10:45 AM
 
2,488 posts, read 1,409,012 times
Reputation: 2610
What’s stopping an epic crushing of the Tories in Ontario? Are ridings gerrymandered?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2022, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
25,722 posts, read 33,889,011 times
Reputation: 10794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
What’s stopping an epic crushing of the Tories in Ontario? Are ridings gerrymandered?
Well, they were just re-elected for four more years with a strong majority.

Ridings are not "gerrymandered" in Ontario, or in Canada typically.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2022, 06:47 AM
 
Location: Woodfield
2,080 posts, read 3,826,113 times
Reputation: 2310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
What’s stopping an epic crushing of the Tories in Ontario? Are ridings gerrymandered?
They were epically crushed by a divided left vote. Combine Liberal and NDP and its not even close.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2022, 07:20 AM
 
22,747 posts, read 13,820,097 times
Reputation: 16813
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyYot View Post
They were epically crushed by a divided left vote. Combine Liberal and NDP and its not even close.
The query was specifically about Ontario and has been explained; the "Tories" or Conservatives just got handed another four years of governance by Ontarians.

The political scene in Canada is becoming very dicey when one considers to what affect the mis-information campaign by the various fake news sites putting "over-emotive" nefarious spin on any number of political missteps by our cadre of 'not-too-bright' reps.

We are performing that well known shuffle dance of electing someone whose singular credential being he/she ISN'T someone else.

The over-all electoral "dumbing down" we see throughout the North American continent is maybe coming from the water trickling down from the melting glaciers?

Perhaps there's something even more compelling to consider about this global warming after all?

Last edited by BruSan; 07-06-2022 at 08:42 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2022, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Toronto
13,330 posts, read 13,544,469 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyYot View Post
They were epically crushed by a divided left vote. Combine Liberal and NDP and its not even close.
I agree in that I do think the NDP and Liberal division is just not working for them and hasn't for over 5 years now. It isn't working for them more importantly, it isn't working for Ontarians.

Two elections in a row they have pretty much divided the popular vote of the left. What we are left with is a Province that is more to the left than right in terms of populace, being governed by a right wing party with two consecutive majority government mandates.

So the NDP and Liberal parties should set aside their differences and merge already. They are far more aligned with one another and the majority of the people of Ontario than Doug Ford and his supporters. The Ontario NDP and Liberals are gluttons for punishment apparently.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2022, 07:06 PM
pdw
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
1,875 posts, read 2,432,116 times
Reputation: 1244
I don’t know when or where the right decided selling off every aspect of Ontarios government for short term profit at the long term expense of the taxpayer was a good idea, but it’s definitely done more to F up this province than anything else in the last 30-40 years
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top