Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 07:44 PM

47 posts, read 32,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
So what was the insight? Why can't she be black?
youtube.com/watch?v=YvjdWEIzFwk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2022, 07:49 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,865,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirehose View Post
lol -hey every group has their 'extremes' - the whole Korean thing is cultural and environmental

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LChFgr-GlaA

This is a straight mom of 5 who wants to look like Barbie. Outlier yes - am I judging no..

Last edited by fusion2; 07-27-2022 at 08:16 PM..

Old 07-27-2022, 07:51 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,540,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
For the record, I don't really care about the parades, but from what I gather they can be fairly raunchy for something that's on a public street in the middle of a city. As some have stated they probably always have been - though maybe the raunch has been amped up a bit? I dunno.

In any event, if there is a problem with kids being exposed to public nudity at these parades then my issue there is more with parental judgement than anything else.
I've been to a few over the years.

99 percent is just local organizations like, banks, airline employees, the local gay village Denny's, liquor sponsors, doctors, firemen and women, politicians, hospital employees, at one time the city police and even the RCMP, unions and local gay clubs with a float of young guys dancing in speedos. No worse that cheerleaders shaking their talents.

The raunchiest I've seen is a leather group. Guys in chaps. I heard in Toronto they had nudist group march au natural.

Raunchy means earthy, vulgar, and often sexually explicit. Nudity doesn't mean sexually explicit.

So if one minute in a three hour parade, of seeing some guys butts in chaps, is raunchy to some, so be it.

Complaints about the parades aren't because they amped up raunchiness, but because they have become so corporate.

In other words, boring.

Last edited by Natnasci; 07-27-2022 at 08:00 PM..

Old 07-27-2022, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I heard in Toronto they had nudist group march au natural.
SCANDALOUS

Quote:
In other words, boring.
I would agree. You can get a lot of free stuff though, so there's that.

Quote:
Guys in chaps.
Usually the one's who shouldn't

Old 07-27-2022, 08:28 PM

225 posts, read 152,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
lol -hey every group has their 'extremes' - the whole Korean thing is cultural and environmental

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LChFgr-GlaA

This is a straight mom of 5 who wants to look like Barbie. Outlier yes - am I judging no..
I sure am judging. She's a degenerate.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebec Is My Country View Post
I sure am judging. She's a degenerate.
The lip fillers are a bit much

Old 07-27-2022, 09:37 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,316,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirehose View Post
Is that for real or a spoof?

Old 07-27-2022, 09:40 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,316,797 times
Fusion, even if we disagree, I appreciate your openness to this thread.

Old 07-27-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Fusion, even if we disagree, I appreciate your openness to this thread.
I appreciate that Netwit. I really am speaking from the heart here. We will all have our disagreements, but it doesn't mean I don't respect posters.

For me the whole topic of the Trans community didn't resonate until my partner at the time of over 6 years, told me that he never felt 'right' as a male. I was 'shocked' but at the same time, instantly certain things started to make sense. There was a sadness with him, he was conflicted and I couldn't put my finger on it.

It took him almost 27 years at the time to come to this realization. You see, it is impossible for me to doubt the validity of how how he - now she feels because we spent a lot of time together over those years. I knew this wasn't some phase or some random choice just because he watched Ru Paul's Drag Race, it was a genuine reflection of what he was going through. It just took him that long to have the courage.

Ironically, maybe a bit of tragedy for me, I had a part in him building confidence in himself that he should be true in life and courageous. So you may ask why tragedy - well because the man I loved was changing and inevitably our relationship would change. It has, she has since moved on to explore this life and is now with a man who embraces her as she is.

It is still hard for me and there is an emptiness inside but I never wanted to have a relationship with anyone if they are not able to be true. Life isn't clean and people change. Sometimes that change isn't easy and comes at great cost. Sometimes it takes a lifetime for such courage.

So for me, as a person, she doesn't represent a movement if you will trying to cancel J K Rowling. It is a personal experience with someone who meant the world to me. Not some Lesbian coworker trying to convince someone who is not gay he is gay, not some statistic or medical journal - Just someone whom I trust and is true.

Last edited by fusion2; 07-27-2022 at 10:24 PM..

Old 07-28-2022, 05:11 AM

26,875 posts, read 38,004,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
A fine example of whataboutism.. My Nigerian friend introduced me to that and i'm happy for his insight.
Some people call that whataboutism, I call it logical consistency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada