Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 11:17 AM

1,136 posts, read 612,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
He’s definitely a nut job but did he do anything illegal here? Might be difficult to lay charges. Unless there’s more to the story than the video.
I doubt anything will come of it. He didn't threaten to harm her or wish her dead, etc.

Though, if you deep dive into the nutjob, he is well known as a far right extremist. Anti-everything.

In the very least he earned a red tag from local authorities and our Federal watchdogs so the next time he even gets a j walking ticket... bam.

TBH if he is smart, he will lay low for a bit and our government will probably forgive and forget and then he can go back to being the moron that he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 11:19 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
He’s definitely a nut job but did he do anything illegal here? Might be difficult to lay charges. Unless there’s more to the story than the video.
That's what the RCMP will determine through their investigation of this incident as well as other things he's said or done in the other videos that he's posted online before this. For example, I looked it up and City Hall in Grande Prairie is presently not a public building and hasn't been since the pandemic started, it's closed to any public that isn't there on official business with city hall. So why was he trespassing on the property if he wasn't there on official business? Was he there looking to cause specific trouble? See, I think that is something that needs to be investigated - what was his purpose in being there in the first place? As stated by him in his own video, he went there expressly looking for Freeland so he could harass her. I believe that may be against the law and if it is he should be charged for it.

I won't go looking for all his many other videos that he's posted online, that's the job of the RCMP, but based on what happened last Friday I wouldn't put it past him to be guilty of other trespasses and of hate speech, incitement to do harm or worse in his other videos. If that is the case then I feel that he and other brutal minded, hate filled people like him are criminals who need to be made examples of.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/rcmp...erta-1.6048452

Old 09-01-2022, 12:40 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well, got that off my chest just in time to entertain some guests from Ohio for a few days and therefore they weren't stuck with listening to it. You folks bore the brunt instead. LOL.

So, I'm encouraged by the fact this nutcase is going to be put through some deep scan scrutiny due to his behaviour. It's just a shame that the business of those actually elected and governing brings with it the fact they now have to be prepared for an ambush onslaught of idiocy from people who maybe shouldn't be allowed to run around loose.

Actions have consequences. A lesson these boobs never learned.
He must live in an alternate universe where he thinks that type of behaviour gets results.

We all get frustrated with life, politicians included, but harassment and being threatening never works.

I had a lot of angst during the Harper years. I wasn't a fan, but I would never even THINK of yelling or harassing him if I had met him in real life. The only action I thought I might do, IF the situation was appropriate, is when I shook his hand I would say " I'm shaking your hand because of the office you hold, and not because I approve of your politics".

Well, that was my fantasy anyway!

Old 09-01-2022, 01:17 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,526,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
He must live in an alternate universe where he thinks that type of behaviour gets results.

We all get frustrated with life, politicians included, but harassment and being threatening never works.

I had a lot of angst during the Harper years. I wasn't a fan, but I would never even THINK of yelling or harassing him if I had met him in real life. The only action I thought I might do, IF the situation was appropriate, is when I shook his hand I would say " I'm shaking your hand because of the office you hold, and not because I approve of your politics".

Well, that was my fantasy anyway!
My take is different. I think he was playing to the camera and that was the whole purpose. Pure ego. He wanted online admiration/pats on the back. I bet he got it initially from his supporters. The idiot didn’t consider the optics though. Freeland is female, about 5’ and probably doesn’t weigh much over 100 lb. He looks to be over 6’ and weigh about 300 lb.

Old 09-01-2022, 01:23 PM

1,136 posts, read 612,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
My take is different. I think he was playing to the camera and that was the whole purpose. Pure ego. He wanted online admiration/pats on the back. I bet he got it initially from his supporters. The idiot didn’t consider the optics though. Freeland is female, about 5’ and probably doesn’t weigh much over 100 lb. He looks to be over 6’ and weigh about 300 lb.
Agreed. He has "loyal" followers in regards to the inane freedom convoy thing. Plenty of enraged neanderthals patting him on the back.

The thing that gets me is his wife (I'm assuming) with him, laughing and whooping it up in the parking lot afterwards.

The whole thing was to get "likes". It's not like Freeland will back down and be intimidated by a lowland gorilla like himself.

Old 09-01-2022, 04:49 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Sure he was playing to the camera - the camera was already on and recording him before Freeland and her staff even showed up in the lobby and it continued recording throughout the whole incident. Still recording after he had been evicted from the premises and was doing his idiot happy dance outside in the street crowing about "perfect timing - that's how you do it!" which is as good as a confession that he was only in the building to bushwhack and cause trouble for Freeland. Well he got what he wanted and has made a name for himself as a moronic cretin.

Big tough goon wasn't so tough when he was being told to leave the building and he's sniveling like a crybaby "Don't touch me, don't touch me!" to a man who was his own size.

If I'd been there I'd have been so mad I'd have shown him "how you do it" and given him a snoot full of my homemade pepper spray right in his face. Then he'd have something real to snivel and cry about about. It would have been worth the assault charges if he dared to try that on with a "terrified little old lady" like me that is 5 feet tall, weighs a hundred pounds and fights back with pepper spray when being bullied.

I hate uncivilized barbarians like him. They disgust me. How did Canada even manage to produce an excuse for a human being like that in the first place? If he gets thoroughly investigated that means some of his cohorts and online fans will be getting investigated too because of their association with him. I bet he didn't think about that but other people who get investigated for being guilty by association won't be so impressed with him for causing trouble and possible criminal charges for them too.

Old 09-02-2022, 03:49 PM

183 posts, read 122,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

Big tough goon wasn't so tough when he was being told to leave the building and he's sniveling like a crybaby "Don't touch me, don't touch me!" to a man who was his own size.
Good observation right there.

I have my own theory about the rise in incivility, shouting, physical intimidation, and other acting out by some fringe folks over the past few years. A lot of pro sports and amateur sports leagues basically went on hiatus during the pandemic lockdowns. Whatever outlet they get from watching sports hasn't been there for them, for a long while.

This doesn't explain all of the bottled-up rage being spewed in public by some of the chest-thumpers. But I think it's one factor, with a quirky sort of possible role in explaining how frustrated and thirsty for a pointless brawl some of these individuals seem to be these days.

Organized sports in big arenas and on television are more than a leisure activity. They're an outlet for aggression that doesn't have a destructive impact.

Old 09-02-2022, 04:03 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,526,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownDays View Post
Good observation right there.

I have my own theory about the rise in incivility, shouting, physical intimidation, and other acting out by some fringe folks over the past few years. A lot of pro sports and amateur sports leagues basically went on hiatus during the pandemic lockdowns. Whatever outlet they get from watching sports hasn't been there for them, for a long while.

This doesn't explain all of the bottled-up rage being spewed in public by some of the chest-thumpers. But I think it's one factor, with a quirky sort of possible role in explaining how frustrated and thirsty for a pointless brawl some of these individuals seem to be these days.

Organized sports in big arenas and on television are more than a leisure activity. They're an outlet for aggression that doesn't have a destructive impact.
Good point!

Old 09-03-2022, 12:35 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well, got that off my chest just in time to entertain some guests from Ohio for a few days and therefore they weren't stuck with listening to it. You folks bore the brunt instead. LOL.
No problem, Bru, you know we can take it. Hope that you and your guests from Ohio have a great long weekend.

By the way, are you (or any Ontarians) familiar with Dick Smyth? I'll explain more in a future post, but for now, let's let the question hang there for a bit.

Old 09-03-2022, 09:19 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
This is also my assessment. This simpleton would do this just to get an "atta-boy" from his cadre of other simpletons. No thought process expended on the possible negative consequences of such behaviour because from grade three onward he's never had to face any.

The frustration any lawyer will have to disguise while dealing with this idiot's case will be off the charts. I can just imagine the poor lawyer assigned or otherwise engaged, repeatedly smacking his head against the wall outside the room he has to share with this nut while going over his case notes with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada