U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 05:11 PM

2 posts, read 1,359 times

Advertisements

Why no Manitoba sub forum
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 05:15 PM

222 posts, read 87,742 times
Looks like the sub forums go by cities.......Guess the Peg ain't got what it takes. Does anything happen there?

BTW,,,welcome

Old 11-10-2022, 05:53 PM

6,523 posts, read 4,297,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnotx View Post
No point. There are not enough Manitoba posters to keep such a subforum active. There used to be three Manitobans who were active on the Canada forum. There just seems to be two of us now, Netwit and myself. Neither of us are chatterboxes.

Look at the other Canadian city forums. Only Toronto and Montreal have had any posts this month.

What did you want to talk about? We could do that in this thread.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:45 PM

13,368 posts, read 12,028,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnotx View Post
You could ask the same question about why there's no sub forums for Yukon, North West Territories, Nunavut, Saskatchewan, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland/Labrador and you'd get the same answer. Not enough activity. But questions or comments about them can still be asked in the main Canada forum.

Old 11-11-2022, 05:36 AM

13,457 posts, read 13,774,912 times
Unfortunately, there aren't that many posters from Toronto in here either. There used to be a lot more but that was years ago and most of them quite frankly were **** disturbers and not wanting to engage in serious discussions.

So anyway Winnipeg and Manitoba, don't feel bad because there aren't that many posters from the other big CAD cities either. As Z stated though, the main Canada forum would be a welcome place to discuss all things Manitoba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
Looks like the sub forums go by cities.......Guess the Peg ain't got what it takes. Does anything happen there?

BTW,,,welcome
For its size i'd say enough. It's definitely worth a long weekend visit imo.

Old 11-11-2022, 06:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,359 times
Fair enough

Old 11-17-2022, 02:43 PM

235 posts, read 109,519 times
I'm from Saskatchewan. I think it would be good to just have a forum for the 3 prairie provinces collectively.

Old 11-18-2022, 04:00 PM

5,268 posts, read 2,783,079 times
To expand upon what others have said, the main purpose of this forum is to serve as a source of information for Americans who are looking at places to relocate to. That’s why, Canada, Australia, the UK and Mexico get their own section, while no other country does. Canada being of prime interest gets a more granular forum than the rest, though nowhere near as detailed as the US itself. That being said, you’ll find tons of sub forums to discuss any topic around here. Welcome

Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM

584 posts, read 327,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateNortherner View Post
I'm from Saskatchewan. I think it would be good to just have a forum for the 3 prairie provinces collectively.
It should be northern plains sub forum. I live in North Dakota but am a dual citizen with a lot of relatives up in Manitoba. The North Dakota forum is a dead place too. I think there just isn’t to many people from the northern plains that are comfortable with talking unless it in a bar after a bunch of drinks.

Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM

13,457 posts, read 13,774,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
It should be northern plains sub forum. I live in North Dakota but am a dual citizen with a lot of relatives up in Manitoba. The North Dakota forum is a dead place too. I think there just isn’t to many people from the northern plains that are comfortable with talking unless it in a bar after a bunch of drinks.
At this point I think i'd rather be in a bar with a bunch of drinks than posting in any forum in here. Maybe I should just go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada