Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2023, 01:44 PM
pdw

2,696 posts, read 3,115,053 times

Advertisements

The final resolution didn’t mention the hostages being released based on the Wikipedia article. That looks to be why Canada abstained from voting. If that was included, I’d imagine the results would have been almost unanimous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2023, 08:49 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,976,136 times
Another proud Canadian moment, when the Director of the Sexual Assault Centre at the University of Alberta "calls into question whether Israeli women were subjected to rape and sexual violence during a Hamas attack on Oct. 7."

There is eye-witness testimony, plus factual evidence of rape of children by Hamas pedophiles. One has to wonder whether the director doubts all women regarding sexual assault, or if she reserves that for women and children in Israel.

"The open letter states the accusations that Palestinians were guilty of sexual violence were “unverified.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/10101350/...israeli-women/

Old 11-18-2023, 11:28 PM

7,310 posts, read 9,360,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Another proud Canadian moment, when the Director of the Sexual Assault Centre at the University of Alberta "calls into question whether Israeli women were subjected to rape and sexual violence during a Hamas attack on Oct. 7."

There is eye-witness testimony, plus factual evidence of rape of children by Hamas pedophiles. One has to wonder whether the director doubts all women regarding sexual assault, or if she reserves that for women and children in Israel.

"The open letter states the accusations that Palestinians were guilty of sexual violence were “unverified.”

That's just crazy!

Old 11-19-2023, 07:56 PM
pdw

Quote:

Imagine being a Jewish student and reading this garbage. An organization that’s supposed to make you feel safe is dehumanizing your cousins/family friends etc in Israel, maybe even people you know were victims of the massacre by Hamas. Disgusting this happened in Canada.

Old 11-20-2023, 08:48 AM

7,490 posts, read 4,976,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
Imagine being a Jewish student and reading this garbage. An organization that’s supposed to make you feel safe is dehumanizing your cousins/family friends etc in Israel, maybe even people you know were victims of the massacre by Hamas. Disgusting this happened in Canada.
It's shocking that seven years after MeToo, 60 years after the Women's Liberation Movement and 100 years after Suffrage, the Director of the Sexual Assault Centre in Edmonton, Samantha Pearson, claims that eye-witness testimony to gang rape is "unverified" rape.

I think the Sexual Assault Centre has a responsibility to re-evaluate all assault claims made while Pearson was the director to identify other victims who were similarly dismissed.

Old 11-20-2023, 01:12 PM
pdw

Quote:
It's shocking that seven years after MeToo, 60 years after the Women's Liberation Movement and 100 years after Suffrage, the Director of the Sexual Assault Centre in Edmonton, Samantha Pearson, claims that eye-witness testimony to gang rape is "unverified" rape.

I think the Sexual Assault Centre has a responsibility to re-evaluate all assault claims made while Pearson was the director to identify other victims who were similarly dismissed.
Who the hell knows if she and others there injected their politics into cases they dealt with there as well. I sure hope not, but it’s hard to be charitable imagining what the kind of person signing this letter would do in this role. People are being consumed by radical ideologies over this conflict.

I just want to add everyone on this Canada forum has been very level headed and empathetic when discussing this conflict. Even if we disagree on other issues, I’m seeing the absolute garbage people are spewing out of their mouths about this topic on other places online. Here hasn’t been like that, thankfully

Old 11-24-2023, 11:28 AM
pdw

I “heart” Hamas stickers given out at UBC

People have lost their damn minds in this country. I’m embarrassed to be a left leaning person when I see this kind of sh**. Absolutely disgusting. I believed in some moronic political stuff when I was in my late teens/early twenties but this is just pure hate. I’m all for free speech but the fact this isn’t being condemned across the board by those on the left makes me sick to my stomach. It’s like saying “I love the KKK” after a mass lynching took place.

Edit: closer look shows this was some kind of smear job. Also extremely unacceptable. Imagine if physical violence resulted from this?

Last edited by pdw; 11-24-2023 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Correction

Old 11-27-2023, 02:19 PM

7,310 posts, read 9,360,626 times
Human Rights Watch says the Gaza hospital tragedy is consistent with the type of rockets Palestinians use https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/11/26/...ital-explosion

Old 11-28-2023, 07:02 AM

7,685 posts, read 5,555,866 times
Quote:
About two-thirds of the Palestinian prisoners released from Israeli jails in the first four days of exchanges for Israeli hostages were held under administrative detention, meaning they were not told the charges against them or given due legal process
https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-...-23/index.html

Old 12-07-2023, 08:15 AM

3,492 posts, read 2,833,910 times
Have the demonstrations quieted down in Canada?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada