Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2023, 12:50 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,324,850 times

Advertisements

The hospital blast not likely Israel's fault https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canad...ital-1.7004384
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2023, 01:02 PM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
The hospital blast not likely Israel's fault https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canad...ital-1.7004384
Has Trudeau condemned Hamas for damage from its rockets to the Israeli hospital in Ashkelon?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK87u5wiE7U

Old 10-22-2023, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Has Trudeau condemned Hamas for damage from its rockets to the Israeli hospital in Ashkelon?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK87u5wiE7U
Is this good enough? http://www.pm.gc.ca/en/news/statemen...against-israel

Old 10-22-2023, 06:35 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Except for Hamas perhaps, what civilized people would NOT condemn the hit on the hospital?

I'm pretty sure the whole situation since it started has astonished and horrified everyone in all countries regardless of who they are or what their status or politics are.

Old 10-22-2023, 07:40 PM

2,222 posts, read 1,326,475 times
Cairo Peace Summit ends without consensus
CityNews
Oct 21, 2023
Canada’s foreign minister met with world leaders in Egypt as the Israel-Hamas war enters a third week. Caryn Ceolin with what they weren’t able to agree on and what it means for the prospect of peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY_YR9iU1p4

Old 10-23-2023, 11:31 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Last week Trudeau said that Canadian officials were still reviewing evidence about the Gaza hospital blast and hadn’t reached any conclusions. Trudeau got a lot of flack (e.g. from National Post, Conservative Party, lots of posters on Reddit) for not just saying Hamas was responsible i.e. to hell with reviewing evidence, just say it.

I found that… odd. At that point, the only western countries who had reached a conclusion were the U.S. and France. Yet the only country being bashed for not yet doing so was Canada.

On Saturday, Canada said it had a high degree of confidence that Israel was not responsible.

I note that today the U.K. has reached a similar conclusion.

Old 10-23-2023, 12:16 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
The whole thing is disturbing, but my opinion, and I'm American and not Canadian, so my opinion might vary from the opinion of Canadians, is this: Israel has never attacked America, or Europe, or Canada. Israeli terrorists have never bombed American buildings, or shot down American planes or taken Americans hostage. The same can not be said of Palestinians or Muslims.

It tends to affect my views on the conflict.

Canada does not have a lot of terrorist attacks and those usually involve Muslims, but sometimes on one side of the attack and sometimes on the other, sometimes perpetrators, sometimes victims. That might affect the Canadian view on the conflict.

The big worry for me is that some other powerful nations might see an opportunity to attack and take advantage.

Old 10-23-2023, 12:54 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
The whole thing is disturbing, but my opinion, and I'm American and not Canadian, so my opinion might vary from the opinion of Canadians, is this: Israel has never attacked America, or Europe, or Canada. Israeli terrorists have never bombed American buildings, or shot down American planes or taken Americans hostage. The same can not be said of Palestinians or Muslims.

It tends to affect my views on the conflict.

Canada does not have a lot of terrorist attacks and those usually involve Muslims, but sometimes on one side of the attack and sometimes on the other, sometimes perpetrators, sometimes victims. That might affect the Canadian view on the conflict.

The big worry for me is that some other powerful nations might see an opportunity to attack and take advantage.
What terror attacks in Canada by Muslims?

Old 10-23-2023, 01:23 PM
pdw

2,674 posts, read 3,094,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
What terror attacks in Canada by Muslims?
I had the same thought. Here in Canada it seems like our Muslim community has been more often the victim of terror attacks rather than the perpetrators. The Polytechnique massacre in the 80s is the only one that comes to mind, although he was a single violent extemist who happened to be Muslim and was more motivated by his own misogynistic views, not part of any sort of terrorist affiliation.

Old 10-23-2023, 01:54 PM

She did say sometimes on one side and sometimes on the other. Yes, Muslims have often been victims here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada