Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2023, 04:47 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,950,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickofJersey View Post
Trudeau has so many of his own issues up there, he should just keep his mouth shut.

If he's so worried about the Ukraine, then he should give Canada's GNP to them, and keep his nose out of our country's business.
Trudeau is not poking his nose in anyone else's business. He's blaming Canadian Conservatives for lack of national support for his Ukraine agenda.

He is mistaken on several fronts. Canadian Conservatives are not responsible for dwindling support for Ukraine, and indeed there is no evidence that Canadians have dwindling support for Ukraine. Furthermore, Conservatives are not particularly interested in foreign right wing nationalism, and they are certainly not governed by right wing extremists South of the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2023, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
But the carbon emissions relate to EU standards and you'd think Poilievre should have known that.
And somehow Trudeau turned this into confirmation that Canadian Conservatives rely on foreign right-wing extremists for ideological decisions. That is a bizarre leap in drama-logic - one that suggests Trudeau needs a little rest to get his emotions in check.

Old 11-25-2023, 04:57 PM

814 posts, read 442,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Trudeau is not poking his nose in anyone else's business. He's blaming Canadian Conservatives for lack of national support for his Ukraine agenda.

He is mistaken on several fronts. Canadian Conservatives are not responsible for dwindling support for Ukraine, and indeed there is no evidence that Canadians have dwindling support for Ukraine. Furthermore, Conservatives are not particularly interested in foreign right wing nationalism, and they are certainly not governed by right wing extremists South of the border.
I stand corrected, I misunderstood the statement.

Thank you for the correction.

Old 11-25-2023, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickofJersey View Post
I stand corrected, I misunderstood the statement.

Thank you for the correction.
You weren't entirely wrong. While insulting Canadian Conservatives, Trudeau took a giant swipe at the Make America Great Again slogan. Trudeau said that Conservatives are negatively influenced by the idea of making America great.

Old 11-26-2023, 07:35 PM

100 posts, read 93,468 times
Don't make America great. Start with dismantling the NORAD. 2Spirits will protect Canada.

Old 11-26-2023, 08:12 PM
pdw

2,674 posts, read 3,091,599 times
Quote:
You weren't entirely wrong. While insulting Canadian Conservatives, Trudeau took a giant swipe at the Make America Great Again slogan. Trudeau said that Conservatives are negatively influenced by the idea of making America great.
This comment doesn’t seem like you made it in good faith. You know what MAGA conservatism is, it’s a very laid out ideology that’s based around Donald Trump’s viewpoints. MAGA conservatives don’t characterize themselves this way, but to me their agenda is pro-Russian, anti-Latino, anti-Muslim, anti-LGBT, anti-feminist, anti-vaxx, pushing conspiracy theories and denying democratic elections. It has no place in Canada, but unfortunately this sick ideology is spreading here.

Old 11-27-2023, 08:16 AM

3,450 posts, read 2,775,135 times
People of Ukrainian ethnicity are more visible in Canada than they are in the United States.

Old 11-27-2023, 09:49 AM

1,221 posts, read 491,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
People of Ukrainian ethnicity are more visible in Canada than they are in the United States.
Specially here in Manitoba. Lots of Ukranians where I live, I see the Ukranian flag everywhere. There are quite a few Ukranian Catholic and Orthodox churchers here. I have always wanted to attend a service at one of these churches. Some of the church buidings are really nice.

Old 11-28-2023, 01:10 PM

333 posts, read 153,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
the rise of a right-wing, American MAGA-influenced thinking
Can you define this for me please? Because I wasn't aware Poilievre and the Conservative Party were interested in renegotiating NAFTA, abolishing abortion or exiting NATO. Nor do they seem interested in censoring the press, invoking the Emergencies Act on peaceful protestors, freezing the bank accounts of Canadian citizens or wearing blackface like the arrogant racist we currently have sitting in the PM's office.

The reason that the Conservatives voted against mein fuhrer was because of the poison pill he attached to the Ukrainian Free Trade Agreement that would have forced the Ukrainian government to impose a useless carbon tax on their people at a time when they are at their most vulnerable. Everything else is just name calling and bitter cope from the Liberals.

Old 11-28-2023, 01:21 PM

333 posts, read 153,214 times
Quote:
That is a bizarre leap in drama-logic - one that suggests Trudeau needs a little rest to get his emotions in check.
Seems to be more like desperation stemming from Little Ping's fragile ego having a very difficult time coming to terms that his own incompetence has made him the most hated PM in Canada's history. The latest polling numbers are quite telling.

Betta getcha popcorn ready!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada