Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2024, 03:04 PM
 
1,221 posts, read 494,498 times
Reputation: 760

Advertisements

Stolen cars are not the only crisis we have right now...
Quote:
406 kg of meth found inside commercial truck at Boissevain port of entry: border officials
406 kg of meth found inside commercial truck at Boissevain port of entry: border officials
Komalpreet Sidhu,29, arrested in the 'largest' narcotic seizure in Prairie history
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ires-1.7100233
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2024, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Paradise CA, that place on fire
2,022 posts, read 1,738,101 times
Reputation: 5906
This is the third time I post this, such a good story.

Chico, CA police stopped a man for driving a stolen car. It was the early afternoon. While filling out the paperwork the officers realized he was the same man they arrested for the same offense in the morning. Not the same car though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2024, 05:18 PM
 
143 posts, read 110,786 times
Reputation: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
This is the third time I post this, such a good story.

Chico, CA police stopped a man for driving a stolen car. It was the early afternoon. While filling out the paperwork the officers realized he was the same man they arrested for the same offense in the morning. Not the same car though.
Many centuries of oppression and still absence of reparations made him do it. Are you opposing to social justice? What are you Hitler or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2024, 08:13 AM
 
1,221 posts, read 494,498 times
Reputation: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
Stolen cars are not the only crisis we have right now...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ires-1.7100233
Just heard on the radio this guy is out on $150,000 bail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2024, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Knoxville, TN
11,461 posts, read 5,980,816 times
Reputation: 22441
I don't think we have ever had the organized car theft before, where huge numbers of stolen cars are being loaded into containers and shipped overseas. It used to be that stolen cars went to chop shops for parting out, or else were stolen by joy riders. We still have all that, but now add in organized criminal groups that are very effective at stealing cars and shipping them quickly overseas.

America is being plundered by outside forces in a wide variety of ways that has never happened before. It is scary.

I would expect that Canada is similarly being plundered by outside car theives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2024, 09:07 AM
 
1,221 posts, read 494,498 times
Reputation: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post

I would expect that Canada is similarly being plundered by outside car theives.
Not just car thieves...Extortion rings, Student and immigration fraud, insurance scams, etc you name it. And its mostly coming from one region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2024, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
26,875 posts, read 38,014,760 times
Reputation: 11640
Since this has become the crime thread since the Canadian News thread was closed, here is an article for people who are saying crime is going down.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/nearly...cross%20Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2024, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Knoxville, TN
11,461 posts, read 5,980,816 times
Reputation: 22441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
Not just car thieves...Extortion rings, Student and immigration fraud, insurance scams, etc you name it. And its mostly coming from one region.
Sad. Welcome to the post Covid world. Actually, the entire millenium has been pretty rough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2024, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
18,504 posts, read 15,545,978 times
Reputation: 11937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Since this has become the crime thread since the Canadian News thread was closed, here is an article for people who are saying crime is going down.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/nearly...cross%20Canada.
You chosen one type of crime.

Yes gun crime has gone up, but violent crime over all are at levels that they were in 2007.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/polic...2022-1.6919999

Not saying it's not an issue, but I wouldn't panic just yet.

This is what is happening in my neck of the woods.

https://www.staysafevancouver.com/po...20in%20decline.

Last edited by Natnasci; 02-03-2024 at 01:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2024, 01:42 PM
 
1,221 posts, read 494,498 times
Reputation: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
You chosen one type of crime.

Yes gun crime has gone up, but violent crime over all are at levels that they were in 2007.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/polic...2022-1.6919999

Not saying it's not an issue, but I wouldn't panic just yet.

This is what is happening in my neck of the woods.

https://www.staysafevancouver.com/po...20in%20decline.
Talk about only looking at one thing. Guns, violence and drugs all go hand in hand. Yes, nothing to see here folks, everything is great...

Quote:
2,511 dead: B.C. sets grim record for overdose deaths in 2023..
https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...deaths-in-2023


Quote:
Shootings in broad daylight, vehicles burned beyond recognition, and homes peppered with bullets. All have been common occurrences across B.C.’s South Coast over the past few years.

Police and media have consistently referenced an ongoing “Lower Mainland Gang Conflict,” attributing dozens of shootings and killings to this war. But more recently, it has been renamed “B.C.’s gang conflict” as police say it is not limited to the Lower Mainland and reaches into nearly every municipality in the provinc
https://globalnews.ca/news/9847077/h...s-bc-gang-war/

Sweeping things under the rug and desperate denial about these things are symptons of societal decay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top