Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2024, 04:37 PM

5,902 posts, read 6,111,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
I’m not sure that I agree with you. Teenagers get breast reductions already for back problems, etc. Minors can have hormonal issues that require hormones to be prescribed for other things as well, like hormone deficiencies. Some kids enter puberty as young as like 7 years old so are prescribed puberty blockers to prevent complications from that. There’s unintended consequences if you ban these treatments. We can’t have legislators tell pediatricians and endocrinologists which medical disorders require which treatments and which ones don’t. That’s their area of expertise as physicians. Gender dysphoria is recognized as a medical disorder and gender affirming care is the treatment for it. I think there’s a lot of misinformation being deliberately spread about this stuff. No one is getting sex reassignment surgery under the age of 18.
I don't think the ban will apply to teens with macromastia or precocious puberty, but I guess we'll see what the details are when they are made public. Those are medical treatments for medical problems.

The ban is for medical treatments to a psychological problem, involving the off-label use of a drug that has not been properly studied or tested for this purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2024, 07:25 AM

5,902 posts, read 6,111,296 times
Part of the problem is that these cases are often not between a patient and their therapist/doctor, but between a patient and the least scrupulous therapist/doctor in the system. If the patient doesn't get what they want from one professional, they will (often with the assistance of activist oriented organizations and institutions) seek out a different one.

https://x.com/LeorSapir/status/1758956288925385058?s=20

Last edited by memph; 02-19-2024 at 07:44 AM..

Old 02-19-2024, 09:23 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,059,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memph View Post
Part of the problem is that these cases are often not between a patient and their therapist/doctor, but between a patient and the least scrupulous therapist/doctor in the system. If the patient doesn't get what they want from one professional, they will (often with the assistance of activist oriented organizations and institutions) seek out a different one.

https://x.com/LeorSapir/status/1758956288925385058?s=20
There is tons of reverence for doctors and scientists these days - provided they say what you want them to say.

Where does this idea come from that doctors and other scientific professionals can't ever be wrong or even be badly intentioned?

There is plenty of evidence that some fairly extreme trans activists who are highly intelligent have entered the medical community.

Remember that some doctors can abuse patients, harm patients, and 100 years ago the brightest medical and scientific minds were all for eugenics and stuff like forced sterilization.

Doctors aren't infallible gods.

Old 02-19-2024, 01:33 PM
pdw

2,675 posts, read 3,098,337 times
Doctors aren’t infallible gods but they know more about the medical conditions they specialize in than MPs in Ottawa collecting paycheques while they nod off in their seats in parliament. Putting legislative restrictions is implying our policy makers know better than real doctors. I just fundamentally disagree with that. It’s all coming from the “done my own research”, “stop listening to the mainstream media” crowd

Old 02-19-2024, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
Doctors aren’t infallible gods but they know more about the medical conditions they specialize in than MPs in Ottawa collecting paycheques while they nod off in their seats in parliament. Putting legislative restrictions is implying our policy makers know better than real doctors. I just fundamentally disagree with that. It’s all coming from the “done my own research”, “stop listening to the mainstream media” crowd
Sorry if I don't want to be governed by doctors. Or engineers or any other profession for that matter. Unless they go and get elected of course.

I count on elected people to listen to the advice of various expert professionals, and then make decisions.

Old 02-19-2024, 03:20 PM

1,226 posts, read 502,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I count on elected people to listen to the advice of various expert professionals, and then make decisions.
Yeah and that's a problem. We are told there is only a solution to this problem. A doctor isn't even allowed to recommend anything other "gender affirming care". He can be accused of conversion therapy or transphobia and lose his job. People like PDW won't even accept that science does not know what the long term effects of puberty blockers are. If you question this, people like PDW accuse you of watching to much of the wrong media, which clearly he is watching more than anyone on here. In several countries professionals in other places have put a pause on these treatments for minors. Activist like pdw will never take that into consideration.

Old 02-20-2024, 05:15 AM

145 posts, read 112,471 times
A UK university hospital system has claimed that milk produced by trans-women “is as good for babies” as biological women’s breast milk.

Old 02-20-2024, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayleae1 View Post
A UK university hospital system has claimed that milk produced by trans-women “is as good for babies” as biological women’s breast milk.
I think I'll let others go first in terms of giving that milk in terms of nourishment to one's kids and grandkids.

Thanks.

Old 02-20-2024, 10:11 AM
pdw

2,675 posts, read 3,098,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I think I'll let others go first in terms of giving that milk in terms of nourishment to one's kids and grandkids.

Thanks.
Is it even possible for a trans woman to breastfeed? I have a hard time believing this isn’t a clickbait hoax. There’s no shortage of those nowadays.

Edit: It looks like it’s possible through using the same medication that born female patients that are unable to naturally produce breast milk use. Is the medication in question the issue here? Because that’s a different argument than only wanting to restrict trans women from using it

Old 02-20-2024, 11:15 AM

1,226 posts, read 502,972 times
That is disgusting. Our society would have to be completely sick and morally bankrupt to allow men to breast feed babies. The way things are going here though, it sadly wouldn't surprise me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada