Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 11:18 AM

3,955 posts, read 3,340,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
I guess you have never heard of China. The CCP are much more like NAZIs than Putins Russia is.
No, wrong there too...not even close....first thing the West has to do is to stop seeing Nazis everywhere....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2024, 11:27 AM

1,346 posts, read 590,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
No, wrong there too...not even close....first thing the West has to do is to stop seeing Nazis everywhere....
Take it up with Tibetans, Uyghurs, Taiwanese and more recently Filipinos. It's not wrong at all. Chinese expansionism is real thing. So are Chinese "re-education camps". Infact China is the real threat to the world, not Russia.

Old 03-22-2024, 11:33 AM
pdw pdw started this thread

2,733 posts, read 3,152,369 times
Quote:
I'm not anti west. I'm a westerner living in the US. I'm anti stupidity, something western leaders are eager to showcase more and more.

Where are the Kennedys, the Brandt, the Trudeau (father), the Kissingers, the Kennan and so on of our era??
As opposed to the sanity and statesmanship of Putin invading a neighbour and causing the largest war in the continent in 70 years? Personally I’m a big fan of Joe Biden and sometimes want to thank the lord you guys have someone like that in power who won’t cave to the demands of authoritarian dictators like many seem to think is the better way forward

Old 03-22-2024, 01:39 PM

14,733 posts, read 15,233,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
As opposed to the sanity and statesmanship of Putin invading a neighbour and causing the largest war in the continent in 70 years? Personally I’m a big fan of Joe Biden and sometimes want to thank the lord you guys have someone like that in power who won’t cave to the demands of authoritarian dictators like many seem to think is the better way forward
I think you should quit before you put your foot deeper in your mouth and choke yourself. Joe is just as much of an old puppet and a sacrificial goat on a blood alter as Donny is, they just have different string manipulators that are working behind the scenes.

Old 03-22-2024, 01:51 PM
pdw pdw started this thread

2,733 posts, read 3,152,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I think you should quit before you put your foot deeper in your mouth and choke yourself. Joe is just as much of an old puppet and a sacrificial goat on a blood alter as Donny is, they just have different string manipulators that are working behind the scenes.

Who’s pulling Biden’s strings? China, who he has taken a very strong stance Re Taiwan? Definitely not Russia. Israel too he has recently called for a ceasefire. Pretty good resume so far. All the right seems to have to attack him on is his son’s past drug issues and the fact that he’s old. Even if he’s following the advice of his advisory teams, the policies being delivered are good enough for me. He’s the most pro-union, climate president in my lifetime. I take it you’re more of a conservative and have your own reasons for not liking the guy, that’s valid. As a liberal though, I’m a big fan of what he’s done except for his protectionist trade moves that have hurt certain industries here.

Old 03-22-2024, 02:51 PM

14,733 posts, read 15,233,125 times
Quote:
Who’s pulling Biden’s strings? China, who he has taken a very strong stance Re Taiwan? Definitely not Russia. Israel too he has recently called for a ceasefire. Pretty good resume so far. All the right seems to have to attack him on is his son’s past drug issues and the fact that he’s old. Even if he’s following the advice of his advisory teams, the policies being delivered are good enough for me. He’s the most pro-union, climate president in my lifetime. I take it you’re more of a conservative and have your own reasons for not liking the guy, that’s valid. As a liberal though, I’m a big fan of what he’s done except for his protectionist trade moves that have hurt certain industries here.
I like and respect Joe well enough, I think he has a tough row to hoe against a lot of corruption and he has my sympathy. Unfortunately his age is working against him. As a woman I especially detest old Donny and his hate-mongering and I detest the people who support or deliberately turn a blind eye to his type of corruption.

I'm neither a liberal or a conservative, I consider myself neutral or somewhere in between. I don't constantly think and obsess about politics the way far too many people do. But I've always liked and given the benefit of the doubt to any prime minister that Canada has elected regardless of who their party is as long as they've shown the principles and gumption to do their best and stay the course for more than 4 or 5 years and still have the gumption to call for an election and decide to run for election again.

Any kind of leadership means being able to withstand having burning coals put to their feet and it takes a special kind of person and a lot of personal sacrifice to be able to do so and I respect that. Canada's Prime Ministers and other political leaders are human beings, they aren't gods, and they make mistakes and victories just like any other human does. They are the public's responsibility just as much as the public is their responsibility. After all, it is we the public who put them there and hold them to account and put the coals to their feet.

Old 03-22-2024, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
Take it up with Tibetans, Uyghurs, Taiwanese and more recently Filipinos. It's not wrong at all. Chinese expansionism is real thing. So are Chinese "re-education camps". Infact China is the real threat to the world, not Russia.

The "Uyghurs genocide" myth has been exposed already for what it is, an exaggerated myth indeed, Taiwan is officially part of China and China would not invade the Philippines. Sure, China is expanding its sphere of influence (it comes with the power) and created the artificial islands, they are not angels for sure but far far from being Nazi.

Old 03-22-2024, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

Finally something me and Zoisite can fully agree on!!

Old 03-22-2024, 04:14 PM

Quote:

If you seriously believe Biden is a great example of statesmanship and he is not corrupted to the core (from the financial industry to his dirty dealing with Ukraine) again, I have a tower in London to sell if you are interested.

The guy is a freaking walking disaster....

Old 03-22-2024, 04:51 PM

1,346 posts, read 590,588 times
Quote:
The "Uyghurs genocide" myth has been exposed already for what it is, an exaggerated myth indeed, Taiwan is officially part of China and China would not invade the Philippines. Sure, China is expanding its sphere of influence (it comes with the power) and created the artificial islands, they are not angels for sure but far far from being Nazi.
The concentration camps are not a myth though and they have existed in China not just for Uyghurs. Taiwan is not part of China and are not under the CCP. Infact Taiwan recently had presidential elections. Bullying is not the same as influence. They invaded the Phillipines maritime space already and trying to lay claim to the entire southern china sea.

You're right about the CCP being far far from nazis. The CCP has been in power much longer and have killed much much more people than the nazis did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada