Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2024, 09:40 AM

1,363 posts, read 607,973 times

Advertisements

Indian immigrants in the US don't push around the their weight and are more laid back than in Canada. American Indians don't view Canadian Indians in the best light either. They are often the ones that couldn't get into the US. American Indians also don't have the influence and numbers (%wise) that they do here in Canada. Indians in Canada are extremely racist. I think a lot of people are extremely naive about whats happening here.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...ents-1.6450484

If people have a negative view of Latinos in the US it's because of illegal immigration (among other things). Americans aren't just letting Latinos in, Latinos are just coming in. They are right next door. Canada is basically giving itself away to Indians. They make up the bulk of immigrants coming in. Kind of goes against the whole diversity and multucltural thing.

Last edited by Luisito80; 05-29-2024 at 09:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2024, 09:57 AM

26,952 posts, read 38,342,164 times
Immigrants are normal people just like you and me with both bad and good traits. It's extremely naive and absurd to portray them all as lovable innocent Ewoks that will shed any old grievances or prejudices the minute they set foot in Canada.

Old 05-30-2024, 09:38 PM

Quote:
LILLEY: Trudeau Liberals making moves to cheapen Canadian citizenship
Liberals looking to extend citizenship to grandchildren and illegals.
https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...an-citizenship

Old 05-30-2024, 10:19 PM

157 posts, read 136,246 times
Name one reason why Trudeau is still in power. Go ahead. Make the wildest guess.

Old 05-30-2024, 10:21 PM

157 posts, read 136,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
There’s a huge difference with how Indian people in particular are perceived in the United States vs here. Indian culture is viewed very positively there
LOL, mate. Not even close. Kamala is the best Tamil Brahmin money could buy.

Old 06-11-2024, 07:13 PM

Crowd of grown ass men yell at and humuliate young cineplex employee for not putting on a cricket gameon the TV. They also complain about baseball. Are Canadians not allowed to watch Baseball anymore? Is everything about soccer and cricket now? Sadly this is becoming all too common. They really feel like they are above others and they own this country.

Last edited by Luisito80; 06-11-2024 at 07:21 PM..

Old 06-15-2024, 09:50 PM

17,720 posts, read 17,969,584 times
An immigrant should hold onto their faith and cultural traditions while assimilating to their new country’s culture and laws. Too many of today’s immigrants want their new country and its citizens to follow their former country’s religion and laws. This is why for more than a century nations had strict restrictions on who they allow into their country. Immigrants were screened for diseases, criminal history, and any troubling activities. Today it’s an open door policy to let in gang members, potential terrorist, and spies and agents from China and other enemy nations.

Old 06-18-2024, 03:14 PM

22,597 posts, read 12,173,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
Yes I am sure syrians and pakistanis would like to come over for hot dogs and beer at my bbq.
I was just going to say something similar. Many Muslims would refuse the offer due to your food not being Halal.

Old 06-18-2024, 03:29 PM

2,408 posts, read 1,616,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I was just going to say something similar. Many Muslims would refuse the offer due to your food not being Halal.
And many would not refuse. Muslims are like people of all religions, they fit along a spectrum of belief. Our kids went to a Pakistani wedding on the weekend and the families are secular. The wedding was quite different in parts to a traditional Aussie one but they were married at home. The DIL of my friend, who is Afghan background, had their wedding was in a vineyard.
I had the Muslim (British Pakistani) friend of my kids one year for Christmas lunch. Not sure if he ate the ham (we had other choices) but he certainly enjoyed the wine and the festivities.

I would be surprised if immigrants in Canada are much different to ours in integration. Our immigration systems are both points based and our overall cultures quite similar.

Old 06-18-2024, 03:54 PM
pdw

2,736 posts, read 3,160,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
And many would not refuse. Muslims are like people of all religions, they fit along a spectrum of belief. Our kids went to a Pakistani wedding on the weekend and the families are secular. The wedding was quite different in parts to a traditional Aussie one but they were married at home. The DIL of my friend, who is Afghan background, had their wedding was in a vineyard.
I had the Muslim (British Pakistani) friend of my kids one year for Christmas lunch. Not sure if he ate the ham (we had other choices) but he certainly enjoyed the wine and the festivities.

I would be surprised if immigrants in Canada are much different to ours in integration. Our immigration systems are both points based and our overall cultures quite similar.
Well said
The Bible says not to mix different types of cloth and stuff like that, how many baptized Christians in Canada follow everything in the Bible literally? Most Muslims don’t eat pork, but a minority drink beer and plenty date casually and things like that which are big in Western society. You can’t assume unless you know the person. If I as a Canadian go visit India or Pakistan I can almost guarantee I would meet friendly locals who would welcome me to their country. I’m not saying everyone coming here necessarily wants to do the same leisure activities that you necessarily enjoy but if a South Asian family lives next door to your new house, don’t skip over them when inviting your neighbours over for a housewarming party is all I’m saying. I feel like people assume the immigrants they see around the neighbourhood aren’t interested in making Canadian-born friends. It’s easy to assume people don’t like this country’s culture and don’t want to be a part of it if you never talk to them. Anyone moving to a new country would experience the same challenges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada