Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 08:39 AM

2 posts, read 4,122 times

Advertisements

First of all. hello to everyone!!

I know it is a long read but I would be grateful for any info that would help me gain employment.

I've searched the topic but came up with no relevant results so I'm posting to find out. I am a fairly new permanent Resident residing in Ontario., Brampton to be more specific. My friend who is also a new P.R. with a recognized iMBA has sent out many applications and posted on job sites. I know jobs are not easy to find but I would still think an international MBA might have some appeal. I myself am a foreign pharmacy graduate and would love to work as a pharmacist but can't even get a job as a pharmacy technician which would be helpful with experience plus help in paying for the many procedures in the registration/examination and licensing process. I even sat the U.S. FPGEE (Foreign pharmacy exam) but found out that it has no merit with the NABP or Ontario College of Pharmacists. It is very difficult, tedious and costly to go through that whole process I am starting to think it may even be a deliberate way to keep "outsider" out of the system. any how, it's a fairly nice country and I am yet to explore the other areas that might be good for settlement.

Opinions and suggestions are welcome. Thanks, James.

Last edited by jamesroop; 07-23-2008 at 08:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 06:34 PM

315 posts, read 1,625,012 times
I will preface my comments by mentioning I have an MBA from a tier 1 US university. With that in mind, here are my thoughts...

MBA degrees are tricky. In my experience, these degrees are great support for established career experience. Like most business degrees, MBA programs rarely prepare someone for a specific field or career. With a few exceptions, the degree can support the resume but the degree will not stand on its own.

Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada