Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2009, 12:04 AM

2 posts, read 4,405 times

Advertisements

I have been in BC a Bunch throughout my life, have relatives there and now have a Job offer in Chiliwack BC and Its the Oportunity to do My Dream Job which is Building Race Engines for Pontiac Cars I'm not 100% sure this will pass as a skilled worker deal But I hve 13 years experience and there is maybe a Hand full of people that do what i can do and so far No one in Canada has been able to fill their needs, All ive done is I passed the Quiz with a 70 and they require 67, I'm trying to Move there permanantly and i am a responsible 26yo guy single trying to persue my dream, Whats the Best way to get started on getting me up there Living Legally? I have not done the application yet, I'm new at this and don't know much about this process so i figured i'd research it, Thanks for any help!, Derek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 06:45 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,284,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonchoDerek View Post
I have been in BC a Bunch throughout my life, have relatives there and now have a Job offer in Chiliwack BC and Its the Oportunity to do My Dream Job which is Building Race Engines for Pontiac Cars I'm not 100% sure this will pass as a skilled worker deal But I hve 13 years experience and there is maybe a Hand full of people that do what i can do and so far No one in Canada has been able to fill their needs, All ive done is I passed the Quiz with a 70 and they require 67, I'm trying to Move there permanantly and i am a responsible 26yo guy single trying to persue my dream, Whats the Best way to get started on getting me up there Living Legally? I have not done the application yet, I'm new at this and don't know much about this process so i figured i'd research it, Thanks for any help!, Derek
If only a handful of people can do it and you are one of them then I would say it is a skilled worker deal - your new employer should sponsor you.

Canadian Work Permits and Visas :: Immigration to Canada

Good luck!

Old 04-01-2009, 06:55 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonchoDerek View Post
have you looked at getting a work permit? if you have a confirmed job call Citizenship and Immigration Canada or do a google search on a nafta visa.. basically go to a border crossing and get a work permit. Once in Canada you can apply for migration. If you are applying to migrate may take a while and not sure how long they will hold the job for you.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:02 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Investigate TN visas.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 4,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
have you looked at getting a work permit? if you have a confirmed job call Citizenship and Immigration Canada or do a google search on a nafta visa.. basically go to a border crossing and get a work permit. Once in Canada you can apply for migration. If you are applying to migrate may take a while and not sure how long they will hold the job for you.
Thanks I will do that, I'm going up next week to check it out and the other Owner But its pretty much 100% as long as i am up there legally, I am Curious about sponsorship or what they can do/say to maybe help this along, They are willing to help me, Thanks for the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada