Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2007, 10:16 AM

322 posts, read 1,235,332 times

Advertisements

My little brother plays for the MJHL (Manitoba Junior Hockey League). He will be 20 this year so the upcoming hockey season will be his last in this league. Anyone follow this league? He's hoping this year will be his year of possibly getting scouted. We can only hope his dream of playing College Hockey will happen!! He plays for Neepawa....let me know if there are any fans out here!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 08:40 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,756,009 times
Rabid OPJHL (southern Ontario) fan here with ties to a successful franchise, but MJHL is a little far away to follow. LOL

We once had a goalie who played for Neepawa, though.

A lot of US colleges seem to be taking more of their scholarship to US-based Tier II leagues in recent years. The USJHL and the ECHL are placing a lot of players, which means fewer $$ for Canadian players.

If your brother is fortunate enough to get an offer, it might be wise to retain an advisor who is experienced in NCAA contracts. I recently saw an offer made to one of our players by St. Cloud State and it was a lawyer's nightmare. Your family will want to be sure that all possible circumstances are covered.

Good luck.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:55 PM

322 posts, read 1,235,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
Rabid OPJHL (southern Ontario) fan here with ties to a successful franchise, but MJHL is a little far away to follow. LOL

We once had a goalie who played for Neepawa, though.

A lot of US colleges seem to be taking more of their scholarship to US-based Tier II leagues in recent years. The USJHL and the ECHL are placing a lot of players, which means fewer $$ for Canadian players.

If your brother is fortunate enough to get an offer, it might be wise to retain an advisor who is experienced in NCAA contracts. I recently saw an offer made to one of our players by St. Cloud State and it was a lawyer's nightmare. Your family will want to be sure that all possible circumstances are covered.

Good luck.

That's FUNNY!!! MY brother is one of the two goalies on the Neepawa team. Justin Cote...GO NATIVES!!! He's hoping for a US college scouting, but does have a plan (as he states on his little Neepwaw Natives website profile) that he wants to be a business owner...truth is..he just wants to take over my dad's business. He is not your typical hockey player though. He's a VERY smart kid...much more sense than his big sister!!! He's very mature for his age and accepts that it just may not happen for him. He's really not concerend about the money....he just wants to play! That kid has been on skates since he was 3. Took his power skating from age 3-5 then right into hockey and has been playing ever since.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:28 PM
npw

1 posts, read 4,643 times
Default that's crazy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_eh_ND View Post
My little brother plays for the MJHL (Manitoba Junior Hockey League). He will be 20 this year so the upcoming hockey season will be his last in this league. Anyone follow this league? He's hoping this year will be his year of possibly getting scouted. We can only hope his dream of playing College Hockey will happen!! He plays for Neepawa....let me know if there are any fans out here!!

HI! this is really weird!!! We live in Neepawa and my kids just LOVE Justin. My middle son, he is going to be 6 soon and he goes downstairs puts on his brothers street hockey pads and roller blades and starts skating around oooh,oooh, am Justine Cote. I think it is soooo cute. He is a very nice guy to talk too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada