Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2007, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,414 times

Advertisements

Hi there my name is echo and im am a uk citizen wanting to relocate to canada, i have no certified skills but i have a experienced background.
Can anyone help me?
I have heard about Alberta wanting temp foreign workers to fill the gaps in their industries in the oil sands and oil fields where are these job links and do i have a chance for a employer to get me out there?
Ty Echo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 04:00 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,144,748 times
Hi there,

Alberta's economy is doing very well right now and I am certain you would have no trouble finding a job there. Because of that the cost of living is quite high too but that's all relative. As far as finding an employer to relocate you, sorry can't help ya there. But I just wanted to say that the job market is pretty hot in Alberta right now not to mention it's a beautiful province.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,337 times
hi everybody ?
i m planing to move to canada(alberta).pls suggest which city would be more economical in living & working. i hav relatives in toronto but my agent suggested me to apply for alberta as there r many job opprtunity.
thx

Old 07-19-2007, 02:25 AM

110 posts, read 588,779 times
There are really only 2 cities in Alberta. Calgary and Edmonton. The cost of living is getting more expensive all the time with rising costs of a home.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:47 AM

58 posts, read 295,679 times
sorry there is more than 2 citys
Calgary- largest
Edmonton -0 2nd largest, and capital
Fort McMurray-This is where the boom is coming from and were the oil is
Grande prarie
ETC

But anyway DO NOT just think you can just come and get a job
Yes you can get a job quite easy - if tim hotons or walmart is where you are looking
Qualified RED SEAL tradespeople are what everyone is looking for
I have seen too many disapointed and destitute people coming to this land of oppertunity
The cost of living is VERY high
i live in fort mc which is hte highest
say 1000 pewr month to rent a room in someones house- shared kitchen or a microwave nad mini fridge in your room and you CAN NOT buy any house, condo, trailer for less than 400k
that being said if you are a red seal pipefitter, welder, electritian etc you should be able to get a company to hire you, pay moving expenses,living allowance, a bonus of 10-55k to start plus a wage of about 30 per hour.
So if you have the right ticket lots of money to be made- if you can take the lifestyle of working shift work- say 24 days on 4 off 12 hours of work and two hours travel per day...

Old 09-13-2007, 04:50 PM

152 posts, read 732,366 times
Employers are so short staffed that they are importing foreign workers to run cash register and stock shelves...that a start...but there is no place to live....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada