Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2010, 12:53 PM

9 posts, read 23,073 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are Winnipeggers thinking of relocating to Cranbrook. We've been there once and thought it was incredibly beautiful and peaceful, plus the weather was great. My husband's brother and sister in law live there with their two kids, but other than that we don't know anyone there. What I want to know is how friendly and welcoming are the people? They seemed really nice while we were there, but I am afraid of starting all over and having to make a whole new social network. We would really make an effort to be part of the community, but I've never lived in a small town and wonder how the lifelong resident's feel about newcomers. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts about other things to do with Cranbrook would also be appreciated. If we move, we would want to retire there. We would be bringing two young children with us as well.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 10:07 AM

1,048 posts, read 6,443,748 times
It's a shame nobody has answered this, but based on my observations, there's not a whole lot of activity on this Canada forum - at least not much activity from Canadians. And even moreso when you're seeking specifics on small Canadian towns. City-Data is a website that caters to Americans seeking info about relocating to other American cities, so not many Canadians use the forum. I wish more did (to answer questions, to dispell misinfo that gets strewn about), but there's no official data here about Canada or its cities, which likely explains the lack of Canadians on the forum. Until they offer statistics and data on Canadian cities on this website, I believe this will continue to be the case.

Saying all this, I really do like this forum. And I'm not trying to pull users away from this forum. But based on my experience on this forum and other forums, there are other Canadian forums which you'll probably get more responses from. Unfortunately City-Data's policy is strict and they restrict people from making recommendations to external forums (even if you're sincerely trying to help and point people in the right direction... City-Data sees external forums as competition, which in my opinion is odd, as forums are for discussions and for sharing ideas and exchanging info, they're not for selling or for making money... and almost every other forum I've ever used allows people to recommend better-suited forums when the need arises, but I digress!) All I'm saying is that if you don't find your answers here, don't give up hope, but don't be surprised.

Last edited by Robynator; 02-16-2010 at 10:16 AM..

Old 02-18-2010, 02:28 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,316,797 times
My aunt and uncle moved to Cranbrook from Manitoba after their retirement and started some sort of goat milk product organic type of farm of the kind beloved by tourists.

I've been to Cranbrook and can say that my dogs appreciated the unasked for free doggy ice cream cones one of the fast food places handed out when we placed our order. That seemed friendly.

I liked it but of course, visiting is different from living there. That's really all I can say about Cranbrook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada