Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2007, 09:55 AM

33 posts, read 138,049 times

Advertisements

Hi, Can anyone give any kind of information about Whistler? My husband and I are going there in Sept. Any thing would be helpful do not know the first thing about Canada never been there. Jersey girl here!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 10:41 PM

29 posts, read 219,655 times
What kind of information are you looking for? My parents have a timeshare up there so we go almost every summer. It's a really cool place. People come from literally all around the world to Whistler. On the one hand, there is the Village with lots of restaurants and shops. And on the other hand, there are so many outdoor activities that you can do too, like hiking, bike riding, horseback riding, etc. (And obviously, skiing in the winter!)

Let's see. Some of the restaurants we like include Milestones, Caramba, The Old Spaghetti Factory, Mongolie Grill, Splitz Grill, Zeuski's, and Earl's. But there are so many to choose from, and many have outdoor eating areas too. Also, be sure to save room for ice cream from Cows!

There are a lot of nice parks around the area. One of our favorites is Rainbow Park. It is on Alta Lake. Brandywine Falls and Nairn Falls are scenic parks. The water in the rivers is a green hue, because (as I learned in Geology class!), water is that shade when it comes straight from a glacier.

Oh, and watch out for bears. My parents saw a bear and they weren't walking very far outside of the Village. And there are bear traps near the Village, too. Plus, the garbage cans in Whistler have a special latch on them so that bears don't get in! But you probably won't see a bear strolling through the Village or anything.

I assume you are driving up to Whistler from someplace south of Whistler like Vancouver. If so, you are going to be in awe of the breathtaking views along the Sea To Sky highway. It is gorgeous!

Let me know if you have any other questions-- I may be able to help. Have fun!

PS-- I attached a picture of Fitzsimmons Creek that I took last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Whistler-whistler.jpg  

Old 06-04-2007, 12:15 PM

33 posts, read 138,049 times
Well thank you so much Beachy Keen!!! that was really nice of you. We are going to the Fairmont cheatu. Like I said I do not know the first thing I saw some pictures and it look beautiful.!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada