Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 06:08 PM

2 posts, read 10,974 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My Hubby wants to apply for PR to Canada, and to start this I have gone through the sites.
But still I do have few questions, please advise me best.
1. First we need to send the application set to Canada through mail, so do I need to enclose copy of IELTS?, bcz in "[URL="http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2173"]SCH 3, Economic Classes" .[/URL]
There is a 6th question - Have you taken approved test to assess your proficiency in English or French? If you select YES then mentioned like - "Provide the copy of test results". So this means, we need to attach Copy of test results in initial application only?

2. and in the same section, there is a 10th question - Funds.
funds available in Canadian dollars?, what does it mean?

3. In the First application, there is a space for Photo, do we need attach it before we send it to Canada for initial application process?

4. Once we send the application to Canada, how many days can take to send approval or case number to processed next?

5. Can we fill all the applications by our-self (carefully) and send it or do we need to approach any consultant?

6. Do we need to attach the copy of all pages of Passport or only front & back?

As of now, I got these questions, please help ASAP, Thanks in Advance....

Thanks
[URL="http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2173"][/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 08:11 PM

11,154 posts, read 29,153,500 times
I would go to the canadian immgration site and it should awnser all your questions
Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada
it has all the info you will need

Before you arrive
Moving to Canada is an exciting opportunity but also a great challenge. You need to know what documents to bring, what to expect in the first few days and weeks, how to find a place to live and much more.
Learn about moving to Canada and how to prepare.

•Get to know Canada
◦Land and weather
◦People
◦Government
◦Laws
◦Human rights
◦Education
◦Health care
•Prepare to move
◦Cost of living
◦Choosing a city or town
◦Finding help: organizations that support immigrants
◦Learning English and French
◦Crossing the border: documents you need
◦Bringing goods to Canada
•Finding work
•Checklist — Before you leave
•Francophone immigration outside Quebec
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before.asp (broken link)

Checklist—before you leave

Check this list before you leave

As you prepare to leave your home country, you may wish to use this checklist as a reminder of what you need to do before you arrive in Canada.

•Gather all of your essential and important documents. Have them translated into English or French.
•Look into taking English or French lessons through the LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) program. The French version of LINC is called CLIC (Cours de langue pour les immigrants au Canada).

•Prepare yourself to find work in Canada. Research Canada’s labour market and learn about how to go about finding work here.

•Research the immigrant-serving organizations available where you plan to settle in Canada so that you can contact them soon after you arrive.
•Consider buying health insurance for the time you are traveling and for the short period before you become eligible for Canada’s medicare system.

•Make sure you know what you can and cannot bring into Canada.

•Consider living in one of Canada’s smaller or medium-sized cities, or in a rural community.

•Consider the season and weather you will find when you arrive—and the clothing that you will need.
Preparing as much as possible before you arrive in Canada will help you adjust to your new home and get involved in your new community.

Good luck on your journey!

Old 05-23-2010, 09:23 PM

9,327 posts, read 21,941,061 times
Your best bet is the CIC site or find a forum specific to immigration to Canada
This is not specifically an immigration forum.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:20 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,002,522 times
It will probably take some back and forth correspondence with the immigration bureaucracy to get everything just right so send in what you think is correct and they'll be in touch if it isnt, if you have a Canadian consulate nearby the paper work could be sped up by bringing in the documents and talking to a real person....
If you are expecting thiswhole process to happen ASAP you are going to be very disappointed as it could take up to a year and a half to find out if you\ve been accepted as a new immigrant to Canada..
Good luck eh

Old 05-30-2010, 07:36 AM

7 posts, read 20,822 times
Hello Hari1177,

Better to go throu' a consultant to avoid hassles sending documents, etc.
I've applied thru' a consultant and they have cleared all my doubts. I'm waiting for my PR Visa.
There are many conditions required to be satisfied for applying PR Visa.
One of them is "Proof of Funds". That is to say, once we land in Canada after the PR Visa is stamped.
We should have money to support ourselves before we get a job. For that we need money.
CIC website provides more details as to how much money one should have as proof of funds to support
the family. For example, for a family of 2(husband and wife only) one should have a minimum amount of atleast 12,000 Canadian Dollars. More Money is better for you.
Other conditions are we need to have Police Clearance Certificate(PCC) from the Passport Office.
Hope this helps

--
Chakra
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada