Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 06:38 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times

Advertisements

cremebrullee..I applaud your courage to tell us your story..I appreciate hearing ALL possible or alternative methods of treatments and cures...no matter how rude, or how insulting other posters may get...stand firm in what you believe is right for you.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:40 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I seriously believe there is a sucker born every minute.....
Would that be you???

Old 06-21-2011, 07:15 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
cremebrullee..I applaud your courage to tell us your story..I appreciate hearing ALL possible or alternative methods of treatments and cures...no matter how rude, or how insulting other posters may get...stand firm in what you believe is right for you.
Um, in fairness....I've had a poster around here actually tell me that "I helped kill my wife" because she had chemotherapy. Give my regards to 20yrsinbranson or something close to that.

We need to keep open minds but some folks are just deranged.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:27 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Quote:
It is not rude to ask for proof. To test all possibilities, they need to face the same scrutiny that every other treatment faces. If you take umbrage to that test you are the rude closed minded one.

I wont dismiss something until it has been tested. Many of what people post here has been tested and been shown to be dangerous, or refuted as ineffective.

There are those like 20yearsinbranson who refuse to accept science and the process that works and has been shown to be effective. It isn't perfect, but the method works and is effective.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:32 PM

896 posts, read 1,864,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
...[....]P.S. When my wife was sick with cancer we got mailings weekly for all kinds of healing crystal retreats and vitamin treatments. Some were definitely scams, others I cannot judge. The one vitamin company definitely tried to defraud us with bogus credit card charges. I'm just saying we have to be skeptical in more than one direction.
I'm interested... how did all these people know your wife was ill with cancer?

Old 06-22-2011, 04:57 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Cured or placebo?

If these "cures" you tout were so good, they should stand the test of the laboratories, peer reviewed papers, clinical trials and FDA approval. The bad news they didn't. If reality offends you, sorry.

The results cannot be repeated or are wide spread then something doesn't work. Kinda like cold fusion in a pop bottle eh?
He was cured, the medicine completely disolved the huge tumor he had in his head...the doctors were amazed...literally. Listen, I do respect your opinion and you've got a right to it, however, you were not there, and I hate to tell you this, but it did stand the test, Abbot and Lilly wouldn't have offered him millions for it if is didn't work. And as far as the FDA approval...honey, your living in a dream word, wake up...and nothing you say offends me, except when you call me and others names...we can discuss issues, intelligently without trying to belittle or humiliate someone for they're knowledge and beliefs...discussions are what these forums are for...you can take what you want out of them and leave the rest...but to offend people just b/c they don't have the same beliefs as you do...is wrong, it's almost abusive...the way some people come into forums and literally berate someone else for they're feelings...doesn't us right and them wrong...it's simply they're culture, how they were raised and what they believe...and you can get much further along with kind words, then you can by deliberatly insulting someone. That is what offends me, not the fact that you don't agree...that's your right, and your belief. OK?

Old 06-22-2011, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Bad example. EVERYONE KNOWS that you can achieve cold fusion in a pop bottle. It's just, they can't test it without opening the bottle, and when you open it, air gets in, and the fusion leaks out, so you can't measure it in the bottle anymore. It's a known fact; I saw it on the intrawebz! AL GORE WOULDN'T LIE!
LOL, your to funny!

Old 06-22-2011, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Reading these threads brings to mind a topic that was very much in the news years back, the first well-known alternative cancer treatment that many people pinned their hopes on

The Rise and Fall of Laetrile

BTW clinicaltrials.gov still lists ongoing trials for Dr. Burzynski's brain cancer treatment, so they're not completely shutting him out. He did many trials for them over the years, although he often didn't follow correct recordkeeping procedures
Yanno, no matter what drug it is...look at all the drugs that the FDA passed and then had to be black boxed...not everyone has the same side effects, and logically, for some people, when they induce chemicals into they're bodies, the side effects can be a huge problem...however, how many people look into the side effects before they take the meds...on the other hand, how many people are 50, 60 or 70 and take drugs and die. Then they're loved ones try to blame it on the drugs they were taking....once you reach the age of 55, or sometimes even younger, your a prime candiate for disease and death...depending on your family medical history, your life style, etc...I think it's literally insane to say a drug killed my family member, when he was 55 or above, has a family history of heart disease, lived a very bad life style, didn't get the proper nourishments, and there was a family member who died of the same thing. So so many health problems are heriditary....it's common sense...

What drug worked for my little cousin way back then, might not work for another...however, it was proven to have cured many...way many more then most would want to believe. Thanks for your input.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Thanks sweetie...much appreciate...but I always do stand firm, yet, with an open mind...especially if I haven't been personally involved, however, in this case I was, and saw what was going on first hand. LOL, as a child, was told that I was way ahead of my time, however, was simply extremely curious, and in this case very angry, that my dear sweet little boy of a cousin was going to die. He was the best kid...so patient, kind, soft spoken and easy going...we were all so upset...but I sat with the adults and listened to the story and never forgot it...if he was say 5 or 7 years old at the time, I was 12 or older...so, I was really studying what was going on...

As far as the posters, I've been in these forums for years....and actually used to people who if you believe in something they don't, really become rude and cruel...but in a forum this large, you get all kinds of people, and for the most part, people here are really awesome, and offer much information to discussions, but then there are some...yanno? So, you take the good with the bad...and hope those that are rude and insulting realize, what a good discussion is...we're all learning, until the very day we die....hugs and thank you....Creme

Old 06-22-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um, in fairness....I've had a poster around here actually tell me that "I helped kill my wife" because she had chemotherapy. Give my regards to 20yrsinbranson or something close to that.

We need to keep open minds but some folks are just deranged.
Mathguy, I'm very sorry for your loss, really I am...and I don't believe you killed your wife, think about it...when we learn we have cancer, we feel lost, afraid, and fear the future, if any, we're confused as to what to do, what doctors to deal with, we're all so comfortable with our doctors, we fear going out beyond and pursuing different treatments. When my girlfriend got cancer, I tried to get her to go to different doctors, to look into the cyber knife, and the cancer research hospitals, but she wouldn't, it wouldn't be convenient, as they didn't live close, so she resorted to kemo and radiation and she lost..so all we have is what we know and feel comfortable, dearheart, don't be stressed and don't be hurt by a comment like that...and honestly, I don't believe you were unfair or the poster your talking to was referring to me, you didn't at all come off insulting, but more so, like you wanted to discuss. Remember, we use the tools we have at the time, sometimes we win, sometimes we loose, and the looses are sometimes extremely painful...but it's not anyone's fault...and know always your loved, your wife and you, well, I'm certain, there are fabulous memories and a legacy you built together. When people leave us and go on, I truly believe they wouldn't want us to be in pain or blame, or change anything, much more, I believe they want for us to be happy and live our lives to the best of our ability...people die, it's inevidable...big big hugs...Creme
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer